Archie Comics Rebooting Dick Tracy (Edit: Switched to IDW.)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Archie Comics is bringing Dick Tracy back to comic books with a new series focusing on his early days as a detective, launching next April.

The monthly series will be co-written by Archie Comics co-president Alex Segura and Michael Moreci, whose résumé includes Image Comics’ Roche Limit and Hoax Hunters and the upcoming novel Black Star Renegades, with art from New York-based illustrator Thomas Pitilli, who has previously worked on covers for Riverdale and The Archies.

The first issue of the new series, which features a cover by Francesco Francavilla, will be available in comic book stores and digitally April 11.

This is just an excerpt. Read the full article.

dth1971

Remember Dick Tracy on the 1971-1973 Archie's TV Funnies?

Archie may have lost the Sega Sonic rights to IDW, but they gained Dick Tracy?

jaylop97

Staff member
I like the sound of a rebooted DT comic, especially if it features starting days as a detective.

Dudley

Staff member
Wow. They should’ve kept better tabs on their licensing deals. That’s disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dth1971

Just recently, Hermes Press has signed to do a graphic novel of Dick Tracy of what the Archie reboot of Mr. Tracy might have been with a different art team. The graphic novel is slated to be released in late Summer 2019 as long as it doesn't suffer another licencing dispute like Archie did in trying to reboot Dick Tracy in comic books.

dth1971

As of Fall 2018, how do you like IDW's Dick Tracy comic book miniseries "Dead or Alive"? Another Dick Tracy comic book miniseries "Dick Tracy Forever" is due in Spring or Summer 2019.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts