"Archer" - Season 10 Talkback (Spoilers)

The Master C

Archer returns in a brand new season tonight, titled Archer: 1999. In this season, the main cast of Archer is reimagined as the crew of a spaceship named "Seamus".

This will be the final season that series creator Adam Reed is involved in, according to an interview that he did with The AV Club.

Here is the trailer:

Here is a synopsis of Season 10, Episode 1, titled "Bort the Garj" (via IMDB):
Archer and the crew of the Seamus wake up to the smell of shepherd's pie and see a business opportunity in their new guest.

Archer: 1999 premieres tonight at 10pm ET/PT on FXX.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's not a freaking Disney cartoon. I've noticed that people who start these inappropriate threads on the Disney board care more about trolling the merger threads than they actually do Disney animation. I'm sick of it. :mad:

Edit: I realize my post my come off as too inflammatory. And I'm sorry for that. I don't mean to offend anyone. But this is working my last nerve. I come to the Disney Board to talk about Disney animation with people who love and appreciate it. Not talk about the cynical stoner output of the Fox studios. The boards are becoming cluttered with unrelated nonsense.

Last edited:

The Master C

It's not a freaking Disney cartoon. I've noticed that people who start these inappropriate threads on the Disney board care more about trolling the merger threads than they actually do Disney animation. I'm sick of it. :mad:

I'm sorry if this thread came off that way. I had no intention of trolling at all, and I have never done so on the Disney-Fox thread, either. In fact, in that very thread, I even asked if FX-produced cartoons should go into this forum or General Animation, which I didn't get any response from. I made this thread with the knowledge that FX Networks and FX Productions are Disney-owned companies, and decided to put it here.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm sorry if this thread came off that way. I had no intention of trolling at all, and I have never done so on the Disney-Fox thread, either. In fact, in that very thread, I even asked if FX-produced cartoons should go into this forum or General Animation, which I didn't get any response from. I made this thread with the knowledge that FX Networks and FX Productions are Disney-owned companies, and decided to put it here.
I edited my post above to reflect that I didn't want or mean to offend you. I'm sorry I came off as hostile. But Disney cartoons and comics are my biggest fandom. I don't like seeing one of my favorite boards overrun by stuff like this. It's inappropriate.

The Master C

I edited my post above to reflect that I didn't want or mean to offend you. I'm sorry I came off as hostile. But Disney cartoons and comics are my biggest fandom. I don't like seeing one of my favorite boards overrun by stuff like this. It's inappropriate.

It's fine. I'm okay with whatever the moderators decide to do with this thread.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
The episode was okay, too much build off not enough pay off imo. Also I'm going to miss amazon Pam from Danger Island.

The Master C

Well, it's Wednesday again, so that means it's time for a new episode of Archer!

Last time on Archer:
Sterling and Mallory were plotting to steal the loot that they thought would be left behind on a pirate spaceship, which ultimately backfires and leaves the entire crew of the M/V Seamus exposed to an attack, in which a Xenomorph named Bort the Garj hitches a ride to his home planet of Garj because the crew of the Seamus was interested in the money involved in returning Bort back to his home planet. Little did Sterling know that awaiting him on Garj was one of his creditors, Barry 6, who intends to extract Sterling's bones and sell the remainder of the crew of the Seamus down the spek mines.

Here's the promo for Season 10, Episode 2, titled "Happy Borthday":

Here's the synopsis for the episode (via Google Search):
The crew provides entertainment for Bort while Barry-6 tries to crack Archer's safe.

The new episode of Archer: 1999 premieres tonight at 10pm ET/PT on FXX.

The Master C

This was a very enjoyable episode! I never knew Carol could fight that well. Ray dodged a serious bullet in this episode. Also, what was Bort going to do with the dead bodies of the losers after he bought them?

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Much better episode, I continue to love the writing of the episode( and Pam continues to be the best). Also I would pay good money for that gladiator helmet Archer stole

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

The Master C

Much better episode, I continue to love the writing of the episode( and Pam continues to be the best). Also I would pay good money for that gladiator helmet Archer stole

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Agree with everything you just said. Golem Pam (yup, that's what I'm calling her now) might be one of my favorite versions of Pam. I'd use the helmet for a Gladiator Archer cosplay if I ever bought one.

The Master C

It's about that time of the week again for a new episode of Archer!

Last time on Archer:
After getting captured by Barry 6 in a trap set by Bort the Garj, Archer finds himself moments away from being extracted of all of his bones. Meanwhile the other members of the Seamus's crew are locked up, only to find out that they'll be fighting each other to the death until one is left standing. After Mallory uses her orb form to escape prison and rescue Sterling, he regroups with the others, who all successfully escape Barry 6. Also, Ray escaped all of the above by remaining on the ship, and enjoyed some cake in the process.

Here's the promo for Season 10, Episode 3, titled "The Leftovers":

Here's the synopsis for the episode (via FXX's YouTube channel):
Pam's sandwich ruins everyone's dinner by releasing something deep inside of them.

The Master C

This episode was good, but not as good as the last one. I hope that's the last of Ray's musical that I have to hear lol. The eggs blowing up the other ship at the end was the best part of the episode imo.

The Master C

Another Wednesday means another new episode of Archer!

Last time on Archer:
The Seamus was short on food, and after Pam let her sandwich run loose on the ship, it started laying eggs, which, when eaten, let the crew of the Seamus act out their deepest desires. Although the eggs temporarily solved the crew's hunger problem, their lack of hunger was short-lived after Carol sent the eggs flying into space, destroying a ship that would've otherwise aided the Seamus in getting food, among other supplies.

Here's the promo for Season 10, Episode 4, titled "Dinner With The Zarglorp":

Deep in space, Archer and the crew encounter a terrifying cosmic beast. Even deeper, they encounter a self-aggrandizing life coach.

The Master C

I was out last night, so I couldn't watch the episode live, but here are my thoughts as I'm watching the episode now:

Getting eaten is...one way to start an episode.

That other captain kinda seems like she's bragging about all of the good she's done.

"You're not my space supervisor!!!"

She definitely killed her crewmates.

Well, I was close. She persuaded her crewmates to kill themselves.

Cyril really is super gullible.

Oh, I guess I was right after all.

Price got what was coming to her.

Archer has a point. Compared to literally eating people, Archer doesn't seem so bad.

This is probably my favorite episode so far. Very funny, while also kind of suspenseful. Episode 2 comes at a close 2nd.

The Master C

Well, it's Wednesday again, so that means it's time for a new episode of Archer!

Last time on Archer:
The crew of the Seamus (sans Cheryl) find themselves in the belly of a space monster, where they also find Captain Price of a ship whose crew didn't survive. When the Seamus's crew figures out that Price convinced her crew to kill themselves, Archer, Lana, and Pam warn the other members of the Seamus of Price's intentions. After a brief confrontation, Krieger comes up with a plan to get the Seamus out of the monster, and Archer proceeds with this plan, which leads Price to an untimely end, but is ultimately successful in getting the Seamus's crew out of the monster. Also, Krieger used the Seamus's electricity to try and clone himself.

Here's the promo for Season 10, Episode 5, titled "Mr. Deadly Goes To Town":

Archer and the crew pick up a hitchhiker and try to convince him to turn his life around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts