April Fools Threads

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
In 2021, the producers of the Pokemon anime are going to try something that has never been done in a Pokemon movie - making it a musical. They are reportedly influenced by the numerous animated musicals produced by Disney over the last few decades.

Reactions: Eggy

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
The world-famous Toei Animation has announced that its 1973 anime based on a Go Nagai manga, Cutie Honey, will be getting a reboot in 2021 inspired by beloved western animated reboots such as Teen Titans Go!, ThunderCats Roar and DreamWorks’ She-Ra and the Princesses of Power called Cutie Honey FLASH!! (not to be confused with the 1997 series) after the protagonist’s catchphrase.
The show will air on TV Asahi and it will be drawn in the famous SCAD art style, which much of CN’s current line-up have, albeit in an authentic anime style. Instead of Honey transforming into multiple forms, she will be transforming into only her main form Cutie Honey with her other forms becoming separate strong independent female characters as part of a team called FLASH. After showing the pilot to test audiences who were Berkeley students, Toei has decided to make the show more comedic and the design of Cutie Honey politically correct to make it less problematic and more progressive to a modern western audience as shown by the success of the successful Saint Seiya Netflix show and also the fact that Honey’s transformation sequence was deemed too inappropriate and misogynistic for American audiences.

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
What about European ones? Remember what happened to CN.
The franchise has aired with little to no controversy in France as it aired on a kids’ block back in the 1980s. Toei has pre-sold the free-to-air rights to the reboot to France Télévisions for France 5’s Okoo in France. It will air there uncensored with a 10 rating under the name “Cutie Honey FLASH!!: Cherry Miel, la nouvelle génération” or “Cherry Miel est de retour”.

Last edited:

Radiant97

We hope that you choke.
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
The sixth part of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will receive an anime adaptation once Yandere Simulator finishes development.

Last edited:

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Back in 2016, the Pokemon anime infuriated many fans by having Ash lose the Kalos League.

The producers realized their mistake several years later, especially when they decided to let Ash win the Alola League.

So coming later this year, will be new versions of later Pokemon XYZ episodes starting with the first part of the Kalos League final. In these new versions, Ash will be allowed to win the Kalos League, and the older versions of these episodes will be retired from distribution.

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
This shojo anime based on a classic children’s novel by British author Jacqueline Wilson will be returning to the UK kids’ channel CBBC, its international versions BBC Kids in Canada and CBBC America in the US (a digital cable channel that is more obscure than Primo y Tío TV on Comcast as it is only available on small local providers).
The Story of Tracy Beaker (物語のトレイシービーカーちゃん Monogatari no Tracy Beaker-chan, sometimes shortened to トレイちゃん Tracy-chan) is a 2001 shojo dramedy that aired on NHK E-TV in conjunction with the BBC based on the 1991 book of the same name and began airing on BBC One and BBC Choice in 2002.
It follows, over the course of a few years, a young girl with behavioural issues called Tracy Beaker (voiced by Dani Harmer) who ends up at a foster home, nicknamed ‘The Dumping Ground’, after abandoned by her mother at an early age and believes that her mother is a movie star.
The show was created after the successful run of BBC Choice showcasing the British English dub of Urusei Yatsura renamed Lum the Invader Girl and BBC realised that it needed a popular anime based on an established brand on the CBBC block to counter the negative influences of Pokémon, Digimon, Dragomon Z and GT and Cardmoncaptors. It turned out that they were right as the anime became more popular than Doraemon in the United Kingdom that the country importing Doraemon until a decade later! The BBC gave the show 3 more seasons/series than the intended 2 with brand new characters, which got a divisive reception from some fans for not following the subsequent books, and a live-action movie adaptation in 2004 starring Dani Harmer herself as Tracy in which she meets her mother.
The show was so popular that it had two live-action sequels, one starring Harmer as an older Tracy in Tracy Beaker Returns airing from 2010-2013 and another without the character in The Dumping Ground from 2013 onwards, and the original series still airs to this day! Very few CBBC shows could mimic that success.

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
I hope that Viz Media will choose the up-and-coming voice actress and jazz musician Billie Eilish to play Jotaro’s daughter Jolyne!

Radiant97

We hope that you choke.
Feb 3, 2018
The Darkest Timeline
I hope that Viz Media will choose the up-and-coming voice actress and jazz musician Billie Eilish to play Jotaro’s daughter Jolyne!
Oh yeah I would also love for jazz musician William Eyelash to voice her. I heard rumors that they're gonna cast her as Jolyne in the upcoming Stone Ocean American live-action film adaptation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eggy
Status
Not open for further replies.