Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
That’s right! WarnerMedia has announced that it has acquired the rights to the anime adaptation of the popular Japanese kids novel Shimoneta for Cartoon Network in German-speaking Europe, Dutch-speaking Benelux, the Nordics, Poland, CEE, Russia and Southeastern Europe. It is a wholesome comedy about a girl named Ayame who becomes an ice-powered superheroine Blue Snow to save Japan from a dystopian government and stop it becoming a boring country with her friend Tanukichi, who has a crush on a school president Anna, as part of a vigilante organisation called SOX.
WarnerMedia licensed the show from Funimation, a company with a clean record legal-wise and production-wise known for being scandal-free in its 26-year history.

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
It was removed because the Chinese company Tencent bought Cartoon Network and the rest of WarnerMedia’s channels except for HBO and Cinemax.

RandomMe

Bloo
Dec 30, 2012
Braga, Portugal
internalymbelydredd.tumblr.com
It was removed because the Chinese company Tencent bought Cartoon Network and the rest of WarnerMedia’s channels except for HBO and Cinemax.
Tencent only got landing rights for the Cartoon Network brand in China. Because of that they had to pull the episodes from the library.

Kowloon Kurosawa, creator of the infamous game, lives in Cambodia now and it is reported that he is the only one with copies of the episodes.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
After Disney on MBC3 and Nickelodeon on MBC3 Blocks, here MBC introduces CN Block on MBC3, starting Sunday.
1585754466594.png

Eggy

Jun 15, 2013
Really?
First Kill la Kill now this. WarnerMedia is on a roll today. Are they gonna acquire Interspecies Reviewer next?
They tried to buy the rights for that show for Polsat CN in Poland and the Russian sub-feed of CN RSEE but the heavy censorship in the EMEA region would have left the show only a 22-minute long black screen so they cancelled it.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
After the success of Steven Universe Future, we're getting another Steven Universe series. Rebecca Sugar said that Steven Universe Past, which will take place in the past and involve time travel, comes out December 7, 2020. Here's the theme song.

April Fool's!

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Like Nickelodeon Deutschland and Disney Channel Deutschland, Cartoon Network Germany is going to be FTA on May, and will no longer be available as a Pay-TV Channel. In Austria, they'll get their own version of the channel. Switzerland is going to replace it with both CN MENA (and Boomerang MENA) and CN Italia (and Boomerang Italia) on the same day. Boomerang CEE will no longer be available in those three countries and is going to be merged with Cartoon Network Deutschland.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Class of 3000, the timeless series from 2006, will get a reboot on Cartoon Network. CN has had such great success with reboots lately that they decided to reboot this one.

J10

Oct 28, 2016
Cartoon Network Masr is going to be launched, replacing CN Arabia on Nilesat. Despite this, CN Arabia will be available exclusively on Arabsat, but currently it'll be available on another frequency on the same satellite (Nilesat). This channel will be dubbed in Arabic Egyptian Accent. Some selected programs might not be in Egyptian Arabic, and will be in the Arabic Dubbing, which are duubed by CN Arabia, until its dubbed in Egyptian Arabic.
1585760716535.png

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
In A House
Who else is a fan of Cartoon Cartoon Fridays? I think it’s a great way to start the weekend. I honestly love cartoons like Ed Edd n Eddy and Courage as much as I love classic Hanna Barbara. I actually think it would be better if the characters from the shows hosted the block, but the bumpers are still pretty entertaining.

Reactions: Eggy
Status
Not open for further replies.