"Apple & Onion" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Ratings
807 4
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,888 41
The pilot didn't exactly wow me, the art style doesn't look too appealing, and it does seem a little too much like Regular Show for its own good, but I think there could be a decent charm to this. Really depends on which direction they choose to take it.

Mar 28, 2012
Ratings
69 3
I really didn't think this one would get picked up, it just seemed a little to dry for kids. I enjoyed the pilot even if I really don't like character design for the main two.

I.R. Shokew

DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs
Sep 26, 2011
Ratings
1,795 10
Who wants to find me that badly anymore?
I'm not too terribly interested in this one - Unlike Regular Show, Gumball, or (eventually) Mighty Magiswords for me, this doesn't look like it's going to be any better than that crappy pilot showed me in any way, sadly. This looks like another scenario will everyone will warm up to it like PPG (2016) or something - I'll likely be watching other, more preferable (IMHO) stuff in the meantime.

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,888 41
I am quite surprised at this announcement for two reasons:

1. It's only two and a half weeks in advance.

2. Craig of the Creek was promoted a lot more recently, suggesting that would premiere sooner.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,888 41
The fact that they just announced this two and a half weeks ahead of broadcast with no on-air promotion as of now is quite worrisome.
At least we know this isn't all they will have this year - far from it, in fact.

Also, I've heard the creator is very difficult to work with, not unlike John K. So production issues may be why they're hesitant to really push this, just in case something ends up going wrong.

Radical Edward

Cartoon shill
Feb 3, 2018
Ratings
1,217 6
At least we know this isn't all they will have this year - far from it, in fact.

Also, I've heard the creator is very difficult to work with, not unlike John K. So production issues may be why they're hesitant to really push this, just in case something ends up going wrong.
Oh boy. This bit of information makes me even more doubtful about the show's fate in the future. Let's see if it does well enough.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

Sep 10, 2006
Ratings
1,336 6
In A House
The fact that a new show is showing up in less than a month with no promotion is a bit disturbing to me.

Like I said before, the pilot didn’t exactly interest me but I might watch an episode or two just to say I did.

Last edited:

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,888 41
Just saw the sneak peek. I'm still not very keen on the art style, and the premise doesn't sound too appealing (ha ha, pun), but I can easily see it becoming a spiritual successor to Regular Show, which would likely win me over. The writing already feels very similar to RS in tone, which is a decently good sign.

Also, the theme song is strangely mesmerizing, and I don't know why.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Hi, I'm Rockson Emmanuel from Terminator Atrimɔden and you're watching Disney Channel.
♫ Hi, I'm Bruce Willes from Die Hard 7 and you're watching Disney Channel! ♪
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.