Anyone remember Osmosis Jones/ Ozzy & Drix?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
That is a terrible idea and would not be taking the pandemic seriously at all. What are people thinking? It's a kids franchise.

hobbyfan

I never saw "Osmosis Jones". I did indulge in Ozzy & Drix because it was a comedy-adventure series at its core. I think part of the reason it failed overall on TV was because, well, of course, they had to recast the leads, with Phil LaMarr replacing Chris Rock as Ozzy, for example. It was actually an entertaining series, but this is Kids' WB! we're dealing with here, shuffling shows in and out with no advance warning to keep things fresh, so no consistent schedule was what really did it in.

Parker-Shepherd

That is a terrible idea and would not be taking the pandemic seriously at all. What are people thinking? It's a kids franchise.

I think part of why some folks thought about that is because the premise of Osmosis Jones has to do with a person becoming infected with a virus and given what's going on with Covid-19, I wouldn't be surprised if someone writes something about it because that's not uncommon in pop culture and Hollywood.

Parker-Shepherd

I never saw "Osmosis Jones". I did indulge in Ozzy & Drix because it was a comedy-adventure series at its core. I think part of the reason it failed overall on TV was because, well, of course, they had to recast the leads, with Phil LaMarr replacing Chris Rock as Ozzy, for example. It was actually an entertaining series, but this is Kids' WB! we're dealing with here, shuffling shows in and out with no advance warning to keep things fresh, so no consistent schedule was what really did it in.

You have a point. Plus around the time the series was canceled, WB and UPN network merged about a year later in 2006 which is now called the CW and around 2008 and 2009, CW was one of several networks that discontinued their Saturday morning cartoon line ups.

Ozzy & Drix was listed as one of the series that will be in the animation library on the HBO Max app.

Reactions: CNC

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
We watched the movie in ninth grade biology and I loved it!
Not sure if this was brought up before but apparently, some people have brought up what if there was an Osmosis Jones sequel or reboot based on Covid-19. Honestly, on paper, the people who worked on the movie and spin off series could technically adapt that idea into a graphic novel or animated short but not much else.
I'd say no, considering that some animated shows have had previous episodes with characters getting ill pulled due to the pandemic. One of those reruns, an episode of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, got pulled not just due to the premise involving the characters getting sick, but also because it actually aired at the exact same time the state of emergency was announced for most states! Heck, there's even a SpongeBob episode that is being held back because it's about a quarantine for an illness.

Parker-Shepherd

We watched the movie in ninth grade biology and I loved it!

I'd say no, considering that some animated shows have had previous episodes with characters getting ill pulled due to the pandemic. One of those reruns, an episode of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, got pulled not just due to the premise involving the characters getting sick, but also because it actually aired at the exact same time the state of emergency was announced for most states! Heck, there's even a SpongeBob episode that is being held back because it's about a quarantine for an illness.

You have a point. Funny, I've heard a lot of people watched Osmosis Jones in biology class at school or when it aired on Cartoon Network.

Parker-Shepherd

But he still has peach skin. It's like a peach-skinned Virgil.

Maybe so, but there's a lot of people of color with different complexions. Plus, not everyone who worked on the movie came back to do the animated series, that included the animation team. More than likely if they had, chances are the character designs would've been different.

Parker-Shepherd

And as of recently, Osmosis Jones is on the HBO Max app and since then a bunch of people have started watching it, mainly because of the pandemic.

Parker-Shepherd

As of this week, it's been 19 years since Osmosis Jones was in theaters. About a month earlier in July 2001, Cats and Dogs premiered in theaters.

Found out later on that both Warner Bros and Disney were having some problems in the animation department that worked on movies. The biggest issue was that in the early 2000s the animated films they put out were flops.

What helped save Disney was Pixar's Monster's Inc.

As for WB, their theatrical animation department was shut down. The same happened to Fox Animation about a year before that.

Parker-Shepherd

As of last month it's been 18 years since the series Ozzy and Drix premiered on Kids WB. Ran for two seasons which later ended up on DVD and as of this year, HBO Max.

Parker-Shepherd

In case anyone missed it, the 20th anniversary of the theatrical release Osmosis Jones was this past August and September marked the 19th anniversary of the premiere of Ozzy and Drix.

Wow...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts