Any Railfans Here?

TheCartoonRailfan

Where's my senior discount?
I happen to be nuts about trains, and I have traveled to quite a few places within the Eastern U.S. and parts of California to view trains. I'm also an avid virtual railfanner, viewing trains online via webcams and playing virtual train simulators. On the virtual side, I started out with Microsoft Train Simulator in the early 2000's, and I currently use Train Simulator 2019.

Is there anyone else here that loves railfanning? I could tell a few stories.

ATSFGuy

Been a trainbuff since January 1997, I favor the Transition Era (1947-1963) with some Present Day (1977-2007) My favorite roads are:

Amtrak
Metrolink

Santa Fe
Southern Pacific
Union Pacific
Baltimore & Ohio
Chesapeake & Ohio
Denver & Rio Grande Western
Chicago Burlington & Quincy
Chicago Great Western
Gulf Mobile & Ohio
Fort Worth & Denver
Kansas City Southern
Rock Island
Milwaukee Road
Missouri Pacific Lines
Missouri-Kansas-Texas Lines
Frisco
Texas & Pacific
Cotton Belt
Louisville & Nashville
Southern Railway
Seaboard Airline
Atlantic Coast Line

Not only do I have an HO Scale collection of trains, I'm currently in an HO Scale Modular Club and have a G Scale train set, which I set up around the tree every Christmas.

TheCartoonRailfan

Sorry for the late reply.

I only have a few model trains in my house. I was an avid collector of the wooden, magnetic, and TOMY Thomas the Tank Engine toys. In addition to Thomas, I have a golden train that I bought from Walt Disney World in 2005.

For current railroads, the Class 1's would be my favorites for today. One non-Class 1 railroad that sticks out would be the Florida East Coast Railway. There are many things to like about that railroad: the color schemes, how highly innovative the railroad is (it pioneered the two man crew and the end of train device), and that every town and city along the Florida east coast would not be here if it weren't for the FEC.

For old railroads, I adore just about everything. The ones that stick out for me include Pennsylvania, Conrail, and Santa Fe. Pennsylvania had so many interesting steam locomotives, Conrail had the shining blue paint, and Santa Fe symbolized the West.

ATSFGuy

No worries.

Here’s a few more road-names I like;

Erie
Lackawanna
Lehigh Valley
Jersey Central
Norfolk & Western
Delaware & Hudson
Long Island RR
Baltimore & Ohio
Chesapeake & Ohio
Chessie System
Western Maryland
New York Central
Pennsylvania
Penn Central
New Haven

I also favor Bicentennial (Red/White/Blue) Schemes, various Electro-Motive/General Electric Demonstrator and Lease Schemes.

Conrail favored ex NYC/PRR routes and
ripped out the former Erie line from Chicago just west of Marion, OH. Norfolk Southern might still run some trains over Erie’s Southern Tier in the bottom half of New York.

TheCartoonRailfan

Conrail favored ex NYC/PRR routes and
ripped out the former Erie line from Chicago just west of Marion, OH. Norfolk Southern might still run some trains over Erie’s Southern Tier in the bottom half of New York.

Norfolk Southern is still operating trains on its Southern Tier route in New York. I've been there a few times and caught some activity. I remember seeing Conrail locomotives in blue paint back in the 2000's while in Pittsburgh, PA. So far, only a few shortlines operate Conrail locomotives in their original paint; one of them being the Meridian Southern in Mississippi. CSX and Norfolk Southern no longer operate locomotives in Conrail paint with the exception of the NS Conrail heritage unit. Again, that is just one of a few sights I will never see on the rails again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Welcome MTV 00's!
(Video by TVArculatBomba)

My new favourite music channel with my favourite musics from my childhood! :)
I wish a happy birthday to Corey Burton (66) (voice of Professor Ludwig Von Drake for over 30 years, as well as Megatron on Transformers Animated), Sumalee Montano (49) (voice of Arcee on Transformers Prime and Katana on Beware The Batman), and Travis Willingham (40) (voice of King Roland on Sofia The First and Thor on many Marvel cartoons since Avengers Assemble).
My grandfather just passed away…

The winner of this matchup is Happy Birthday Scooby Doo, which got 3 votes. A Scooby Doo Valentine got 0 votes. The next matchup is Birthday For A Princess. It's between "Surprise" from Cleopatra In Space and "The Birthday Cruise" from Elena Of Avalor.
After the animated movie announcement, did not at all think a live-action TMNT was still in development.

Featured Posts