"Ant-Man & The Wasp Sequel" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Freddy

My prediction: Considering the MCU's time-travel rules, Kang might not be a time-traveling conqueror in the movies. Instead, I could see them making him "the king of the Quantum Realm" or the like, who has even greater Quantum powers than Janet. Would explain why they would set him up in an Ant-Man movie.

the greenman

Interesting thought, though right now I do not doubt Feige always had a plan. This character in plan as well. Remember he said to press after the Fox acquisition, "I have the next 5 years planned". It's no coincidence Kang is not only a cosmic character, but a character connected to Richards.

I was speculating in another thread about where things fit from here on out, and this could very well fit in with our man "Loki". I just don't think he's just one off, but Marvel might just set him up for the long haul. I think the film might be about trying to fix things or discovering the facts of the effects of both the 'Snap' and the 'Blip'.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I'm pretty sure this means that the rumors regarding Ant-Man 3 building up to the Young Avengers is probably true, that's the only thing I can think of.
I was kind of expecting them to just build up to Cassie becoming Stature, but maybe they'll throw in Iron Lad too...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Kang is a top 5 major Avengers villain. Seeing him used as a one and done Ant-Man foe wouldn't feel right to me. Funny enough, when I last watched Endgame, I was wondering if all of the time travel would hurt the chances of Kang ever having a major impact in the MCU.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kang is a top 5 major Avengers villain. Seeing him used as a one and done Ant-Man foe wouldn't feel right to me. Funny enough, when I last watched Endgame, I was wondering if all of the time travel would hurt the chances of Kang ever having a major impact in the MCU.
Nah, no way he's going to be a one and done. He'll appear in this one but I'm also skeptical it will be the first thing he appears in, there's still a change he'll be seeded in the Loki series and be a recurring character likely for the next couple phases. Even consider Loki's intro on Thor and how he became the villain of the first Avengers then returned in the 2 recent ones.

Frontier

Staff member
Nah, no way he's going to be a one and done. He'll appear in this one but I'm also skeptical it will be the first thing he appears in, there's still a change he'll be seeded in the Loki series and be a recurring character likely for the next couple phases. Even consider Loki's intro on Thor and how he became the villain of the first Avengers then returned in the 2 recent ones.
I'm not convinced he'll actually be the main villain either. If anything it'll just be more setup rather than assuming Ant-Man and company can defeat Kang on their own :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm not convinced he'll actually be the main villain either. If anything it'll just be more setup rather than assuming Ant-Man and company can defeat Kang on their own :sweat:.
Agreed. I was thinking maybe the Snaps and/or the time heist did catch the attention of others. We know there's the TVA in Loki but what if the temporary branching and un-branching was noticed by someone like Kang in the future during his studies of the timeline/exotic particles. Or if this Kang is someone in the present timeline, unlike some who might be interested in the Quantum Realm for profit, there could others like Kang who simply want to study it. But things go awry...

Frontier

Staff member
Agreed. I was thinking maybe the Snaps and/or the time heist did catch the attention of others. We know there's the TVA in Loki but what if the temporary branching and un-branching was noticed by someone like Kang in the future during his studies of the timeline/exotic particles. Or if this Kang is someone in the present timeline, unlike some who might be interested in the Quantum Realm for profit, there could others like Kang who simply want to study it. But things go awry...
I was kind of wondering if they'd introduce this kid Cassie has a crush on and that Scott's unsure about only for said kid to turn out to be Kang...

the greenman

Yeah, I was thinking there might be a link with Loki and his series. Who knows where he's been. Kang would want to know.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, Mick Wingert is currently following me on Twitter. That's pretty cool.
CNC
I'm gonna be taking a break from Twitter for 1 whole week. It's too hard for me to talk about.
You know at this point I'm just going to say the Wonder Park series is probably shelved and would never see the light of day.

The movie was greenlit at a time when Paramount and Nick had different management and by the time the movie was released and bombed the previous execs weren't there anymore.
The Animaniacs reboot came and still no new Yakko's World. How would you change the lyrics?
'Toy Story' was released 25 years ago today. Now, compare the animation of that to 'Toy Story 4'. Mind blowing.