"Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
quantumania.jpg

Release Date: February 17, 2023
July 28, 2023

7/2: When asked about a third Ant-Man movie but Reed did hint "There is a story we've talked about potentially. I'm very, very hopeful."

10/8: Peyton Reed reaffirms plans for and more to learn about Janet van Dyne and Quantum Realm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Law of dimishing returns.

See "diminishing returns" would be if the Ant Man series kept making less profit/losing money with each entry which it doesn't. The first film made over 500 million dollars worldwide and 180 stateside with Ant Man and the Wasp making 216 stateside and over 600 million dollars world wide and in fact Ant Man And The Wasp actually got overall more positive reviews then the first movie. And yeah 500-600 world wide are pretty much at this point Marvel's smallest numbers but... that's kind of the point as Ant Man is meant to be a much smaller series of films then not only an Avengers but a Thor or Doctor Strange or Guardians or Black Panther and the like. It perfectly carves out it's own niche within the fandom.

The thing is that Marvel is trying to keep pretty tight lipped on their plans post End Game due to the obvious spoilers from that movie. Hell I have a feeling that's why Black Widow's production was pushed back because they knew showing that movie would spoil Endgame. Honestly if they didn't have that deal with Sony I doubt Spider Man far from home would of even come out this year due to how sort of massive a spoiler that is on it's own. Thus we're probably hearing a lot of bare minimum details on their further plans but we're sure going to hear something about Ant Man 3 some point down the line. I mean the whole point of Ant man and the wasp was to introduce the Quantum realm which will factor into Endgame and I'm sure other movies so naturally also fit into another Ant Man flick right?

the greenman

Lol, No, I get it. I just agree with what you said, it underperformed. That is compared to others. Maybe niche, but I'm sure they're not in a rush for it. For me it did the same as the first, which was just okay.

Frontier

Staff member

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It would be kind of surprising if Ant-Man was the only MCU solo franchise dating back to Phase 2 without a third instalmment :).

Just kind of curious what they'll do, title-wise. "Ant Man and The Wasp...and Stature?" "Ant-man and The Wasp...and Black Ant" :p.
Ant-Man: Tales to Astonish

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Let's not leave the Ant-Man family in the lurch ;).
Well, it's only logical for these people to suss out that the sequels not announced yet could land in Phase 5 then extrapolate a date from there. So I'm a little skeptical and it seems more likely Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will land the July 2022 slot. But remains to be seen how the Quantum Realm will be utilized post-Endgame.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I hope Ant-Man 3 brings back Carson, following his escape in the first film along with the possibility of introducing Eric O'Grady and Rita DeMara into the MCU.

Frontier

Staff member
I hope Ant-Man 3 brings back Carson, following his escape in the first film along with the possibility of introducing Eric O'Grady and Rita DeMara into the MCU.
I feel like O'Grady is pretty likely to show up and for them to finally deal with what Carson did with the Pym Particles he stole. Not sure about Rita...maybe they'll confirm whether Cross survived or not :p?

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I feel like Rita would be pointless since her origin is a little too similar to Ghost.

Plus even when Marvel revived her character she quickly disappeared so even the comics don't know what to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts