"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
One of the highlights of the first film for me was the inventive uses of size manipulation to create action scenes that other CBMs can't do, and it seems like they're continuing that, which I am very happy with.

I was surprised that we didn't see Janet or much of the villain, but I guess they have to save stuff for the next trailer.

Wasp already looks like she could be the MVP of this movie.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Why couldn't Disney push this movie push the release date ahead two days?

Either way, these two are shaping up to be this year's saviors against a certain garbage franchise from the producers of Ouija.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
1/30: Sold! Like with Gold Guy, I was happy to see them put their own spin on the car chase using size manipulation.

Interesting to see this one is another movie set right after Civil War like Black Panther.

Ghost looked pretty awesome. But like Foster, just a brief tease.

Looks like they build a vehicle and make it to the Quantum Realm in search of Janet.

So...is this the final film of "Phase 3" of the Marvel Universe?
No, there's two more after this one.. Goes like so for the rest of Phase 3:
Black Panther
February 16, 2018

Avengers: Infinity War
May 4, 2018

Ant-Man and The Wasp
July 6, 2018

Captain Marvel
March 8, 2019

Avengers 4
May 3, 2019

2/2: 4 hi-res stills from trailer released.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I wonder if Thanos with the Reality Stone or Strange with his magic peek into the Quantum Realm at some point?
3/16: The Quantum Realm would be a good place to hide an Infinity Stone or anyone really.

3/19: Wasp/Hope concept art from the latest EMPIRE issue.

3/20: From EMPIRE, Reed reverses previous reports and states this isn't a rom-com. He also hints the movie will explore the different generations of Ant-Man and Wasp and the idea of 'Do I need Scott?' pops in Hope's mind.

Frontier

Staff member
3/20: From EMPIRE, Reed reverses previous reports and states this isn't a rom-com. He also hints the movie will explore the different generations of Ant-Man and Wasp and the idea of 'Do I need Scott?' pops in Hope's mind.
I love how he brings up how Wasp is one of the founding ladies of the Marvel Universe despite the fact that that Wasp isn't the one they're actually going to be focusing on moving forward :p.

I expected them to focus on Hank and Jan's Ant-Man and Wasp tenure, and contrast that to Scott and Hope, though isn't that it as far as other generations are concerned :sweat:?

Are we suddenly going to get hit with the revelation of the Ancient Egyptian Ant-Man and Wasp? Or Wild West Ant-Man and Wasp? Or a Multiverse of Ant-Man and Wasps :rolleyes2:?

I still expect it to feel like a romantic comedy since, one, it's a Marvel movie and, two, the leads are (relatively) romantically attached ;).

With how competent and effective Hope is, I guess it does beg the question of if she really needs Scott. On-top of that, who knows how long they may have actually been together after that kiss at the end of the first movie (which may have been more on impulse then anything else)...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I expected them to focus on Hank and Jan's Ant-Man and Wasp tenure, and contrast that to Scott and Hope, though isn't that it as far as other generations are concerned :sweat:?
Yeah. S.H.I.E.L.D. couldn't duplicate the Pym Particles so no more agents like him. And Hank locked up the suits in his basement lab for decades.

With how competent and effective Hope is, I guess it does beg the question of if she really needs Scott. On-top of that, who knows how long they may have actually been together after that kiss at the end of the first movie (which may have been more on impulse then anything else)...
It appears this movie takes place on the heels of Civil War, probably between Black Panther (which was a week later I think) and Homecoming (that's a few months later). So because of Ant-Man's involvement and the Sokovia Accords, the government turns their sights on Hank and Hope who were then forced to go on the run. I'd be surprised if Scott was in contact with them post-Civil War and this might be the first time in awhile the trio has been together.

the greenman

I fully expect the "Benjamin Button tech" in this film. Probably three major sequences chronicling OG Ant Man & Wasp with timeskips of what the new team does. I wonder how far back they'll go with Pfeiffer? Batman Returns? Dangerous Minds? Or Scarface where she was really young? Hmmm.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe Hank was being a d-bag towards Janet -- considering current events like Me Too, may not have gone well with the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts