"Another Simpsons Clip Show" Question

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
OK, I haven't checked the credits for "Another Simpsons Clip Show" for a while- WHO does the overseas animation for it?

It seems to be a hodgepodge. The opening scene, in the bedroom, seems to be done by Anivision. Then they cut to the living room and the part where Marge says "Yes they do, and when was the last time you heard ANYONE talk about Ren & Stimpy?" seems to be a Rough Draft scene. Then the scenes in the kitchen, particularly Homer & Marge kissing, look to be Akom. The rest of the footage in that episode is repeat footage from previous Akom & Anivision episodes.

So do they all get credit, or is it just one?

Wanted

Toonmaster
Where it comes from, nobody knows... well, except for Matt G. and the other guys behind the show.

VCXZX

DH Smith????????????????????
Speedy Boris said:
Then they cut to the living room and the part where Marge says "Yes they do, and when was the last time you heard ANYONE talk about Ren & Stimpy?" seems to be a Rough Draft scene.
IIRC, the animation was actually from "Krusty Gets Busted."

You see the discussion in the scene was about reused animation. Bart and Lisa were watching an old Itchy & Scratchy cartoon. Marge walked in and commented on them watching the same cartoon. Lisa said the cartoon was pieced together from old shows. The irony is most of the "new" animated scenes were from other episodes, with the exception of the bedtime scenes which were done by Akom, I think.

I guess we'll find out what the story was for that episode in the 6th Season commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirLemming

a playa in a world of NPCs
Yeah, that was part of the joke. For example, when Marge said "I knew we shouldn't have put a fireplace in the bedroom." It wasn't there, it was just re-used footage from a living room fireplace scene in a previous episode.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Yes, I'm aware of the irony of the re-used animation in a clip show. I'm not dense. ;) My question is, what studio gets credit for the episode? Because it's obvious that tons of styles appear in the episode, and the new animation (what little of it there was) doesn't exactly look like it's coming from one specific studio.

JeffTMBG

That's an annoying hotdog.
I believe the "new" material in that episode was actually culled from cells of previous episodes. Kind of like the way kids networks will put new speech in existing animation for promo spots.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
I caught it in syndication tonight. Turns out the credit goes to BOTH Rough Draft Studios and Akom. That might be the only time in the show's history that two studios get credit. Well, I'll have to change that in my guide.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts