Another Nick Victim

Auggie Doggie

Timmy Turner
Originally posted by jjwspider
One of the primary reasons the amazing Constant Payne series didn't get picked up was because Micah was accused of handing out union cards to writers at Nick. This would have cost Nick tons of profits because they would have had to give the writers their due and so they instead fired Micah, labeled him a trouble maker and basically destroyed both of his shows.

Since then he hasn't been able to get to much work because of the stigma and Constant Payne would cost whoever picks it up quite a bit of money to get the rights from Nick. It's a real shame to because the show would have been excellent and would have made for a different offering than the C-K junk that Nick seems so fascinated with. I'll try and get in contact with Micah again and see if I can get an update on Constant Payne.

That's funny.

According to Steve's Rugrats and Nick Website (which, by the way is where I got this info), Nick turned it down because of the events on 9-11. Or was Steve trying to be light on the injust network (nice metaphor, Vash) or maybe it's some cover-up so nobody gets supiscious (it sure fooled me).

BTW, I agree that it is amazing and it stinks that Nick never picked it up.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

That's funny.

According to Steve's Rugrats and Nick Website (which, by the way is where I got this info), Nick turned it down because of the events on 9-11. Or was Steve trying to be light on the injust network (nice metaphor, Vash) or maybe it's some cover-up so nobody gets supiscious (it sure fooled me).

My guess is that it's a cover up to look good to the public. Nick was basically ready to air the show but then the union controversy came up and seeing as how Micah was the easiest writer to target because of other 'creative differences' with Nick they made him out to be the scapegoat - basically telling the other companies that he was a problem maker and distracted other workers, etc, etc...

Nick of course can't admit to this because they woud open themselves up to a libel suit but there is a reason that Micah has only worked on two or three scripts since he left Nick.

-Joe!

Fallout Boy

Crumbs!
Originally posted by Mackenzie Rainelle
Hey, I liked You Can't Do That On Television

So did I. My point is that Nick to me hasn't been worth watching since shows like YCDTOT and Mr. Wizard aired...

ninjagirl

antidisestablishmentarian
Originally posted by Auggie Doggie

That's funny.

what's constant payne?

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
Originally posted by ninjagirl

what's constant payne?

Constant Payne was a pilot for a new Nick Toon that was done by Micah Wright and combined action with humor. I'll try and find the link for you but the show was very well done and was far more advanced than anything Nick would ever consider airing on their station (with a couple of exceptions that is - like Zim, Fairly Odd Parents and SpongeBob).

-Joe!

The Drizzle

BARRY! =(
Originally posted by Fallout Boy
My point is that Nick to me hasn't been worth watching since shows like YCDTOT and Mr. Wizard aired...

Aaahh, Mr Wizard. I liked that show. Remember kids, science rules!

J.C.

Citizen of Cobra-La
Originally posted by DemonKrowno
SAY......what about CountDucula?...what ever happened to that? HUH!?....HUH!?.....HUH!?

Jeez, I haven't thought about that show in years. All I can remember about it anymore is Count Duckula and the shows opening sequence.

*in Homer Simpson voice* Mmmm.... nostalgia.....

Behonkiss

Just put an X here and here...
I only remember the character designs....Duckula looked exactly like Wade from Garfield and Friends in a vampire getup.

As for what started this topic.....My God, I'm speechless. No, I'm outraged. NO, I'M FURIOUS! All these shows cancelled for ridiculous reasons(Zim was stopped for BUDGET CUTS?!), an apparently-brilliant pilot never given a chance, and only one good show left(Fairly Oddparents)that I have a feeling they'll cancel soon anyway, no matter how well it does.

OK, tell me how to reach the people who make these shows. Email me at behonkiss@mail.com with directions. I want to spread the word of the demonic work of these asses.

Nickdisk

Originally posted by dj_gir

Oh God, "Rocket Power". I'm sorry, but does anyone really like this show?
i like it :D its not as good as Invader Zim or Spongebob, but its still good IMO :)

i used to love Count Duckula :)

Fallout Boy

Crumbs!
Duckula rules. Although I enjoyed him more on DangerMouse than his own show. He was too much of a buffoon in his own series.

DemonKrowno

my opinions might matter
...the only thing I remember of DangerMouse is something with DangerMouse's sidekick-thing having his picture taken in a photobooth.....none of the pictures cameout.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Um, I wouldn't take much of what Micah says too seriously.

His stories about Angry Beavers are true, but at the same time, he also circulated some negative, but fake, publicity surrounding Zim's cancellation. And he also had some not-nice things to say about CN, which seem to contradict common sense.

John Miles

INTARNET WINNAR :)
The stories about Angry Beavers are what are the most outrageous, but out of curiosity: what has Micah said about Cartoon Network and Zim?

Bandit

Untitled
Yes, this is a little off topic and a little useless but:

Heh... I was talking about Invader zim with someone at my school who had an invader zim shirt on and this kid walked over and said "my dad works at nickelodeon" I was like, really, do you have any internships? And he said well, it's kind of like Nickelodeon, have you heard of klasky-csupo? And I wanted to strangle him.

Ikwig

is wishing. . .
Wow, I had no idea that Nick was so generally evil (been living on another planet, apparently :D ). I used to love Angry Beavers (especially all the great B-grade monster movie spoofs!) and was pretty p.o.ed when it disappeared from the schedule.

Now I hardly ever watch Nick - I've been sucked into CN - mostly because they kept changing their schedule (or not showing things that had been scheduled) and I got tired of trying to figure out when the shows I liked (at this point just Zim and Hey, Arnold) were on.

Alaskanbullworm

Looks like I'm back!
Originally posted by KingVoracious
Zim is not really cancelled they are showing reruns

You're confused by what cancelled and off the air means. Cancelled means that they won't make anymore episodes, off the air means they don't show it on TV anymore.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PM if you wanna trade tapes digitally with me. I got some CN/Nick/Disney tapes.
I can't believe Tangled is a decade old!
Happy 28th anniversary to Aladdin.
kanc wrote on Schedulemaster101's profile.
hello