Animation on FOX Talkback 2020-2021 (Spoilers)

Which show are you looking forward to?

• Total voters

Orange Mo

orangemo
Comic-Con Dates for Fox Animation:

THURSDAY JULY 23 12 PM - DUNCANVILLE
FRIDAY JULY 24 4 PM - BOB’S BURGERS
SATURDAY JULY 25 11 AM - SIMPSONS
12 PM - BLESS THE HARTS
2PM - FAMILY GUY
Emmy Submissions for Fox Animation:

Bless the Harts - "Mega-Lo-Memories" (107) - When Violet gets upset that her family only cares about Black Friday and not Thanksgiving, Jenny tells the story of why is means so much to their family and how she got her microwave and met Wayne.

Bob's Burgers - "Pig Trouble in Little Tina" (904) - Tina has nightmares of a pig ghost after being peer-pressured into dissecting a pig.

Duncanville - "Free Range Children" (109) - Duncan and Kimberly are tasked with going to the grocery store but end up in Mexico.

Family Guy - "Peter and Lois' Wedding" (1705) - When the Internet goes out, Peter and Lois tell the kids the story of how they lived in the 90s.

Simpsons - "Thanksgiving of Horror" (3019) - Three Thanksgiving stories are told from a Treehouse of Horror perspective.

Premiere date:

Simpsons - September 27, 2020 at 8PM - 22 episodes

Bless the Harts - September 27, 2020 at 8:30PM - 22 episodes, including 3 holdovers from the first production cycle

Bob's Burgers - September 27, 2020 at 9PM - likely 22 episodes, including 1 holdover from the ninth production cycle

Family Guy - September 27, 2020 at 9:30PM - likely 20 episodes

Duncanville - Winter 2021 - TBA episodes, 2 holdovers from the first production cycle

Great North - Winter 2021 - TBA episodes, 13 episodes have been copyrighted in the first production cycle however, Fox may not air them all this season

Housebroken - TBA

Last edited:

Orange Mo

orangemo
I have a feeling that "Annie Oakie" will be the funniest episode of this new season.

"Annie Oakie" is a holdover from the first production cycle. (1LAZ13)

So far I think it's funnier than most of the entire season 1 catalog. Season 2 will definitely be better. The problem I have with Duncanville is not the comedy, it's solid, it's the rehashed plots and the way it's executed. It needs to stand out more to be a better show. Simpsons was the first, Family Guy has the flashback gags, Bob's Burgers is part workplace, Bless the Harts has an unmarried couple and Jesus Christ, the Great North has a mixed member of the family and only one parent. Duncanville doesn't really have anything that makes it stand out.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
"Annie Oakie" is a holdover from the first production cycle. (1LAZ13)

So far I think it's funnier than most of the entire season 1 catalog. Season 2 will definitely be better. The problem I have with Duncanville is not the comedy, it's solid, it's the rehashed plots and the way it's executed. It needs to stand out more to be a better show. Simpsons was the first, Family Guy has the flashback gags, Bob's Burgers is part workplace, Bless the Harts has an unmarried couple and Jesus Christ, the Great North has a mixed member of the family and only one parent. Duncanville doesn't really have anything that makes it stand out.
That's true, the show is still on its' little steps to entertain the audience. It takes a while to find it own gimmick but I hope that season 2 will end up being funnier.

Orange Mo

orangemo
I enjoyed being on the Simpsons panel. It was an honor to get to ask a question and be featured in front of millions of fans watching from their homes. I asked the Duncanville question.

Orange Mo

orangemo
So the Simpsons panel, yes I was honored to be on it, but it was kinda boring. American Dad was funny kinda got a little boring in the middle, Family Guy was nothing new just the clips at the end were funnier than almost anything in the last season, and Bless the Harts' panel was fun watching what the cast painted (Andy Bobrow's was by far my favorite).

They even showed previews of upcoming episodes and I found the comedy in this season 2 clip to be stronger than most of season 1 of Bless the Harts. Hopefully that's a good sign for the rest of the season.

jasonnguyen2606

So the Simpsons panel, yes I was honored to be on it, but it was kinda boring. American Dad was funny kinda got a little boring in the middle, Family Guy was nothing new just the clips at the end were funnier than almost anything in the last season, and Bless the Harts' panel was fun watching what the cast painted (Andy Bobrow's was by far my favorite).

In conclusion, all of the panels are extremely boring, they’re bored us to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jasonnguyen2606

Orange Mo

orangemo
So I am going review all 10 episodes of Bless the Harts again cause my opinions have changed overtime (some for the worst, others better).

Hug N' Bugs

This episode is decent. I like the idea of Wayne trying to warm up to Violet even if it isn't very funny (the part with Wayne talking in his head was pretty funny though), and the idea with Betty trying to keep her Hug N' Bug toys is decent too, but why did Fox start with this episode? They should have started with the pilot. Overall, it's an okay start.

3/5

Can't Get There from Here (Pilot)

This episode's comedy is weaker than Hug, but it has a better structure and actually shows you all the more notable characters, and should have been aired first as originally intended. The cold open is decently amusing but the ostrich plot was pretty boring (though i did like the part where they kept biting Wayne's dick). Jenny taking a job to strip is just a basic sitcom plot of "someone takes a second job", but it's out of her own desires rather than a force because she wants Violet to go to a better school. The part with Violet giving her money back to Wayne is nice and I did like Wayne's S. Louise yes her voice and behavior mostly is condescending but I think she's a general well meaning person (you'll find out later kind of why she's like this, I think in season 2 hopefully they hint at it more). The part where the guy's talk about Flashdance (while I've never seen or even heard about it) is at least a great pop culture reference that people would understand. And Brenda is funny in this one too cause she only makes a cameo in Hug. Overall, decent pilot, nothing special.

3/5

Jenny Unfiltered

This episode was pretty good. A political debate comes into play over a controversial statue. You have Jenny taking both opinions of customers for money which backfires on her in the process and Betty visiting a rich lady. Holly Hunter did such a fantastic job and I liked the Marjune Gamble character which is coming back in season 2 for one more appearance. The only con I really have here is that Violet and her friend are rude to Marjune which kind of made me dislike her for a bit.

The comedy in this episode is fairly strong in my opinion. Before coronavirus, I showed this to a friend and he literally had to stand up and just walk around when Jesus says to Jenny "It's great how you're totally compromising your moral integrity and saying a bunch of stuff you don't believe just to make money." And Randy is pretty funny here too, especially when he pretends to be the statue. It was a good commentary type episode that you'd see South Park do, only make it 100x more offensive, so that was a plus too. The first actual good episode in the show in my opinion.

4/5

Cremains of the Day

This episode is a bit of a mixed bag, better than the pilot but worse than Unfiltered. The subplot is just plain boring except for the cold open, and the main's plot isn't that great either, but I think it's sort of worth it for the end which makes the 2 plots connect. And a pretty hilarious one too. I think they could have added some original content over the credits scene instead of just replaying the song. There's a lot of energy here and a sweet end, but it's not that funny overall.

3.5/5

Trash Twins

An episode I liked at first but slowly started disliking it more. The main plot is well done. It's really funny and well-paced, but the subplot is just lame. Uncle Tommy is basically a caricature of a little shit and we think the plot is going somewhere when he learns more about being good, but then it just goes back to him being a little shit again which was dissatisfying to watch. First, Brenda pulling out a brick from her purse was randomly funny. And onto the star of this episode, Crystalynn. Her frenemy relationship with Betty is probably the most funny thing in this show so far. The little feud shown is quite fun and this is actually the first and only time so far a swear is shown (bleeped out on Fox, but may be uncensored on that upcoming DVD release). The dialogue bubbles with Jenny, Betty, and Crystalynn exchanging nice words out loud but then thinking insults in their bubbles was pretty funny too. And the ending, don't want to spoil it, but it is pure genius. Overall, it has a great main, but a lame subplot.

3.5/5

Pig Trouble in Little Greenpoint

This one has grown on me more as I rewatched the series. This one has 3 plots all in one setting (the BBQ festival), Jenny enters Wayne in a cook off, Betty reuinites with an old fling (voiced by King of the Hill veteran Stephen Root), and Violet tries to boycott the BBQ festival over meat consumption (which is sort of like how Lisa Simpson did so in Lisa the Vegetarian, only it doesn't have a huge focus like that one did). It's actually one of the show's funniest to date, the subplot with Betty and Rick Ocean is my favorite of the three, just funny all around. I liked the music shown here. Brenda streaking to help Violet out was really funny too. And Jesus dissappearing while Jenny was talking to him was unexpected as well.

The only cons about this are I didn't care for this show's version of Guy Fieri (even if the voice of Mr. Frond in Bob's Burgers does recurring voices in this show as well), and the apology with Jenny to Wayne felt a bit forced, but still better than just the lame "I'm sorry" in almost EVERY episode of modern Family Guy.

4/5

Myrtle Beach Memoirs

The beginning with Randy being just plain retarded was funny. And the part with Wayne falling for the balloons in the timeshare room was pretty funny too. I think the villains in this one (the golf guys) were fairly lame cause it was revealed that they were just cheating scum, but it was nice to see Jenny beat them, even if her hole in one was plain unrealistic, which is weird for this show to do and I hope they avoid doing this in the future. Betty ends up falling for the timeshare which isn't expected since she's all about getting good deals (the theme song has her scratching lottery tickets). And the poop ending to get her out of the timeshare was a bit lazy but overall this was a solid entry.

3.5/5

Mega-Lo-Memories

This is hands down the show's best to date. Season 2 will have to compete with this episode for sure (and while I'm hopeful that season 2 will be much better than season 1, a lot of episodes will not likely come close to this one for me, just saying it now). It combines the humor and the heart especially well. The only con is that it takes a while to get started and that Betty's plot goes on a bit too long but this was a nearly perfect episode from start to finish (and could have far benefitted with 2-3 more minutes instead of Thanksgiving of Horror, but I guess that shows how much Fox loves the Simpsons when it's clear that Bless the Harts will at least get them some money in the long run since they co-own it with Disney. Sure the Simpsons is far more popular, but this is from a business standpoint, and Fox can only make money off the ads they sell since they don't own the Simpsons anymore).

The cold open with Jesus saying to not thank him but rather your family is actually a fairly true message and satire on how we Americans think. Us Americans tend to thank the pilgrims for Thanksgiving, but they merely celebrated the first Thanksgiving holiday. They didn't make your dinner today any special than if it happened in any other time. This episode is about Violet getting mad about the family always worrying about Black Friday, so Jenny tells her the story of why it means so much to them. The silent opener is definitely a time waster and so is Betty's prayer joke which goes on a bit too long, but they are somewhat necessary to set up the episode. The microwave gag is a quick laugh, but definitely a far cry from the highlights. Once the episode gets into the store it starts to get good. It's an episode that gets better and better as it goes. The first act is decent, but the second and especially final acts are where this episode excels. The subplot with Betty/Crystalynn is funny for a bit but then you realize you rather watch Jenny find Violet over Betty and Crystalynn trying to steal a pair of a hoarder's shoes because that's just much more significant. When Violet gets lost is where things start to really pick up. And this is why the Crystalynn plot went on too long because I haven't even mentioned Wayne turning up yet either. This is not an episode I'd like to see where things are all over the place, which luckily this one didn't give too much time to Crystalynn but could have gave less and more time to Jenny and Wayne. And this was the first time she learned how to draw, so I can see the show is using continuity quite nicely, unlike American Dad where they ******* deaged Libby in First Do No Farm, when it was clearly shown in A Boy Named Michael that she was older. Another scene shows VIolet eating tofu, as Pig Trouble mentioned, she became more conscious about eating meat (she decided not to be a vegetarian). Jenny's conversation with the employee was pretty funny as well and even the part where Jenny uses the price scanner given by the employee to distract other shoppers was funny as well. Once Wayne and Violet find Jenny is where the execution from here to the end is pretty much damn perfect. Wayne is shown as a genuinely nice guy. He's not nearly as dumb as Homer, Stan, or Peter, and he also means well to his family, even if he's not married to Jenny yet. And I had to start liking him more when he even gave up his Black Friday deal to help a kid he didn't know find his mother. That's how you know this guy's got a big heart. And when he finally meets Jenny for the first time, it's revealed that Jenny lied to him about having a vaccum, and just wanted him to call her, because she fell for him after he found her daughter. And now back in the present with the flashback story over, Violet's realization that Black Friday is so important to the family is definitely well executed as well, to the point where she starts crying. And she agrees to go to Black Friday because of it. Definitely makes her more likeable because of that. You may think she's an older Lisa Simpson, but I can tell you she's definitely not (I like Lisa a lot, but there are times where she isn't likeable). If anything Mia from Duncanville is an older Lisa Simpson cause in the finale I didn't really like her because she was too progressive and unaccepting of other people's opinions, only Lisa is actually funny and Mia isn't.

And my absolute favorite part of the entire episode is when Jenny and Betty leave to get their things, Wayne stays with Violet, and pulls out her first drawing to show to her from his wallet. It was really touching. The last 30 seconds with Crystalynn and Betty feuding cause they wore the same clothes cuts right before they start fighting, and was really funny too in my opinion.

I seriously hope they make a traditional Thanksgiving episode in a possible third season if it happens. While this episode was near perfect, doing a Black Friday episode every Thanksgiving would get a bit old and stale fast, and would feel like Simpsons Treehouse of Horror, and they're doing another in the second season already.

This is an easy 5/5 and I appreciate Andy Bobrow's (showrunner and writer of Myrtle Memoirs) honesty that he "hopes that this episode sells people whose needs have not been met by previous episodes" when he tweeted this the day before it aired. It just makes me respect the team more because they are aware that people aren't warmed up to this show yet, and he even confirmed that the holdovers have also been rewritten to fit season 2 standards. This is a definite reccommend in my opinion (although one user didn't really enjoy it) for anyone who wants heart and humor together. I trust Mr. Bobrow when he said the second Thanksgiving episode is even better. Makes me more excited for it. And especially with coronavirus that we won't be able to do Black Friday, at least seeing fictional characters do it would be nice.

And next episode, maybe we'll get a Chuck Mangione. "You'll be shopping here for the rest of your lives."

Miracle on Culpepper Slims Boulevard

This is an episode I liked at first but slowly have started to dislike more as well. It's pretty funny, the setup is good, and the North Carolina satire jokes were quite good, but it's all over the place in terms of pacing, with two of the plots, especially Betty's being plain boring. Betty just flat out wins, which was pretty lame, and Wayne's was boring too, even if the cutaway gag with him "duking the bed" was pretty funny. Violet's role is so minor but seeing her play with the model town was slightly amusing. Brenda is probably at her funniest here with her meat purse and "This *****, this beyotch". And at least we sort of realize why Louise acts condescending to the people around her because she starts crying when her husband doesn't want to spend time with her, and Jenny condoles her which was nice to see. So after Jenny condoles her Louise stands up to her husband Daniel (whom is a minor character who obviously doesn't love Louise anymore as from his appearance he likes to stare at other women, although in the Black Friday episode, he loved her to death back then) and there could be a potential fight, or something that we fans could wonder or speculate. But then, it had to be screwed up after by taking a guide from the Family Guy and American Dad writer's guide on how to **** an episode up by having Daniel just drop Louise and everything just goes back to normal. There was potential for a continuity conflict here for season 2 that was just wasted ultimately here, and it was definitely the most insulting to me as a viewer. As much as I do enjoy this show and see a lot of potential, this was also written by Emily Spivey, who wrote Mega-Lo-Memories, a mostly perfect episode from start to finish, so I expected more from her. It's fine and maybe you won't be as insulted at the last act as I did, but hopefully next season they can do Christmas better. I gave some slack to the first 2 episodes because they were finding their groove, but this is episode 9, and after seeing a 5/5 episode earlier, I can't give this the same slack.

2.5/5

Tying the Not

This finale was great. I think that the first act in particular is a bit messy in its direction, but the last two acts were great from start to end. The first act doesn't do anything to explain why Jenny doesn't like lint traps or randomly picks fights with Wayne, hopefully they bring that back up for some continuity in future episodes. The second act is where things start to pick up. Betty discovers Crystalynn guest starred on Undiscovered Mysteries, which is funny because Netflix revived it after this episode aired, and thinks it is a hoax, so she investigates. The way she tries to look smart by drawing lines and clues everywhere and then ends up putting the words "Big fat liar" was really funny in my opinion. And also when Violet says that the man was in a prison and Betty immediately drives off like the wind was funny as well. Overall, this is the funniest in the series for me. Betty and Crystalynn's feud again was hilarious and how they just showed up at each other's houses was great. And Betty is pretty smart. She even got Crystalynn to admit it was fake and even successfully blackmailed her. Their rivalry again in my opinion is the funniest thing in this show. Meanwhile, after her house is set on fire after forgetting to clean the lint, Jenny snoops through Wayne's stuff and finds an engagement ring. So she angrily demands Wayne to marry her, which is actually pretty funny once they get to the restaurant. The musical montage of them buying stuff for each other for their "wedding" a fantastic part of weird and just LSD (I don't do drugs but people who are high would likely appeal to this part because of how colorful it is). And it all builds up pretty well because in the end it's shown that they were fine the way they were and didn't need to marry (you know except for tax purposes and benefits and the such). Violet's vows were a nice way to sum it up. And more references to pop culture at the end as well with the Harts dancing to the song. Overall, a really funny episode that mostly just suffers from a sloppy first act, but otherwise is a fantastic entry to a promising animated series.

I'll give this one a generous 4.5/5.

So overall, I'll give the show an 8/10. It's not perfect at all but there's a lot of potential and I think if we give this show a few more seasons, it could even be one of my favorite cartoons of the 2020s. (Bob's Burgers is one of my favorites of the 2010s.) I think if the comedy is better (which the animatic for season 2 has shown), and they do less pop culture references and more North Carolina stories, this show could be a lot better than it is now.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Scheduled episodes for September 27
Simpsons - Undercover Burns
Bob's Burgers - Dream a Little Bob of Bob
Family Guy - Stewie's First Word
Bless the Harts - TBA

Scheduled episodes for October 4
Simpsons - I, Carambus
Bob's Burgers - Worms of In-rearment
Family Guy - The Talented Mr. Stewie
Bless the Harts - TBA

Scheduled episodes for October 11
Simpsons - Now Museum, Now You Don't
Bless the Harts - TBA
Bob's Burgers - Copa Bob-bana or Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff High (the other will air on the 18th)
Family Guy - TBA

Scheduled episodes for October 25
Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XXXI (31)
Bless the Harts - Dead Mall (not official but this is the Halloween week)
Bob's Burgers - Heartbreak Hotel-ween (not official but this is the Halloween week)
Family Guy - La Famiglia Guy

Scheduled episodes for November 1
Simpsons - 7 Beer Itch
Bob's Burgers - Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids
Family Guy - Meg's Wedding
Bless the Harts - TBA

Scheduled episodes for November 22
Simpsons - TBA
Bless the Harts - Mega-Lo-Memories: Part Deux (not official but this is the Thanksgiving week)
Bob's Burgers - Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid (not official but this is the Thanksgiving week)
Family Guy - TBA

Scheduled episodes for January 3, 2021
Simpsons - TBA
Family Guy - Fecal Matters
Bob's Burgers - TBA
Bless the Harts - TBA

Episodes are scheduled to air on these days, september 27, october 4, 11, 18, and 25, november 1 and 22, and january 3, 2021. The 18th or 25th may be deleted due to football.

5YearsOnEastCoast

There's an animated X-Files comedy being made for FOX. Rocky Russo & Jeremy Susenko (who worked on Brickleberry & Paradise PD) ate attached to the series.

Hmmm. This reminds me of a certain cartoon. Can't remember which? Perhaps on this one:
71NVWnaJftL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Orange Mo

orangemo

There's an animated X-Files comedy being made for FOX. Rocky Russo & Jeremy Susenko (who worked on Brickleberry & Paradise PD) ate attached to the series.

Fox has way too many in development orders. I'm thinking they will make them for Hulu as Hulu originals.

Also, reruns on ANIMATION ON FOX for September 6 and 13 have been entirely preempted for events. September 20 will be the last rerun week before the new episodes. FOXFLASH should have the premiere episodes up by next week.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts