What are you most excited for?

• Total voters

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Bob's Burgers "The Wolf Of Wharf Street"

Oh, my God! This is the first project I've ever seen correctly point out that you can't swallow a key. They are too big. TV and movies are so dumb for that.

Gene was NOT around with Felicity cut her hair. I hate it when the show does jokes like that.

Gene telling Linda was was attracted to her was similarly annoying, but for entirely different reasons.

I like that Teddy is insightful enough to realize the key was not going to help him while he was on the playground. He'd still have to carry the table back.

Pretty good although there were a couple of things in it I strongly disliked. ***.

The Simpsons "Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII"

The Sweets Hereafter: Disturbing. But then so is the concept of Sausage Party. **1/2.

The Exor-Sis: Homer's Pazuzu Lullaby was hilarious. If you can't trust a Catholic priest around kids, who can you trust? Return of the Evil Leprechaun. ****.

Carolisa: For a middle Halloween segment, this was pretty impressive. Good and self-aware line there. Return of Milhouse and "Whazzup!" Did not miss that joke. *****.

MMM...Homer: I liked Homer's Johnny Cash riff at the beginning, but it all went downhill from there. One of the most appalling segments ever in a Halloween show. 0.

No Kang and Kodos this year? Is that a first?

Episode Overall: ***.

Family Guy "Follow The Money"

Adam West FAIL. It's less funny because he's dead.

I love that Lois and the Giant Chicken are friends and that their spouses aren't happy about it.

Since when did Neil hate Muriel?

Very unhappy with Cleveland Jr.'s portrayal this episode, although I liked Peter and Cleveland commiserating over having weird, fat sons.

This was probably the best and funniest Screaming Black Dolphins sequence ever.

Mostly good episode. ***1/2.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
MMM...Homer: I liked Homer's Johnny Cash riff at the beginning, but it all went downhill from there. One of the most appalling segments ever in a Halloween show. 0.
Still not as bad as the one were Homer got a spider bite but year it was incredibly bad.

JTOONSAnimation

On another note this is like the second or third episode in a row where Brian gets shot, just wanted to not that.

JTOONSAnimation

November 5, 2017
THEME: Conflict

7:30 PM (EST/PST) - Bob's Burgers - "Sit Me Baby One More Time" - Tina and Tammy become rival babysitters but must try to tolerate each other after they must babysit the same child. Meanwhile, the other Belchers and Teddy go to a new restaurant known for their great burgers.

8:00 PM (EST/PST) - The Simpsons - "Grampy Can Ya Hear Me" - After Grandpa gets hearing aids, he finally hears what everyone is saying about him.

9:00 PM (EST/PST) - Family Guy - "Three Directors" - Peter gets fired from his job, but the story is told by three different directors.

ShadowBlinky

Once again on Bob's Burgers, the tradition of a Belcher kid getting involved with a psychotic blonde girl continues.

JTOONSAnimation

Bob's Burgers - "Sit Me Baby One More Time"
(9/10)
This was a good episode. Nice to see Tammy, Zeke, Jocelyn and Jimmy Jr. return. I liked both plots, this episode could have pulled off as being a Halloween episode. I would like to see how Louise would have dealt with Kendra, but the Tina and Tammy's fear of her was hilarious.

The Simpsons - "Grampy Can Ya Hear Me"
(8.5/10)
This is probably the best episode of season 29 so far. There were a lot of funny moments in the episode and lots of weird ones, but overall pretty good.

Family Guy - "Three Directors"
(9/10)
RIP Carrie Fisher. It was nice to have Angela make another appearance after the death of her voice actor. My favorite segment was the "Quentin Tarantino one. Also the animation in the "Michael Bay" segment was AMAZING. FOX is really giving Family Guy a big budget.

Radical

Banned
Sit Me Baby One More Time was pretty sweet/funny,

Cool seeing Mr. Ambrose/Jocelyn who were funny there.
Tina vs. Tammy in the babysitting job was great/funny while rooting for Tina to beat her, hehehe.
Kendra, my next favorite great minor antagonist, her being a psychotic brat was so funny, hehehe:p, a shame Louise didn't meet her.
The psychotic blonde girl formula continues, hehehe.
Both Tina/Tammy scared of Kendra was funny, hehehe.
Linda/Louise and Zeke's great funny lines.
Both Linda/Louise/Tina and Teddy to not try a new burger in front of Bob was so funny, hahahahaha:p.
Tina making Kendra change was great.

Three Directors was great/funny,

Peter Gets Fired in three different versions.

A Kill Bill parody, awesome.
Poor Dr. Hartman, but it was funny, hehehe.
Clown Peter instead of the yellow suit, hehehe.
The car alarm, hahahahahaha:p.
The Evil Tricias were awesome/funny, the poor women.
James Brown's song, sweet.
Love Angela's satisfying death as much as I hate her:mad:, go Peter.
Quentin Tarantino, awesome director.

Stewie's narration was sweet/funny, go Stewie.
Chris the escape artist, hehehe.
John Herbert, hahahahahaha, cool to see him.
Peter's lame play, hehehe.
Peter died chasing a Pokemon, hahahahahaha.

Macho action hero Peter, hehehehe.
Cool seeing Mayor West, Carter, and Mort in the third story:D.
The Decepticon threat was awesome.
Peter/Carter's funny moments, hehehe.
Brian the new family man, hehehe.
Lois looking hot, wooooooow.
Chris/Stewie's funny moments, hehehe.
Love the Movie Decepticons, they look awesome animated:D.
Peter fighting/defeating them was enjoyable.
Michael Bay, awesome director, the third segment was awesome!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Then they assume wrong. I'm getting really sick of these Peter/Brian/Stewie/Carter episodes... how about some friggin' change for once? Make Family Guy Great Again.
You mean like the "Glory Days" when the show had Stewie sucking Peter Griffin's nipple in one of the most appalling scenes ever put to animation? No thanks. Family Guy (and America) are already great.

Bob's Burgers "Sit Me Baby One More Time"

Dumb episode title.

So THAT'S where leaves come from! The funniest line in the episode was the last.

Kendra and Mr. Boomboom are kind of terrifying.

Zeke's got twigs in his berries.

Love Tina making fun of the fact that Tammy's hair is two different colors, and saying "And THAT is how you freaking do THAT!"

I love Linda gleefully and instantly covering the $35 bill. Unhappy endings are a rarity on this show, and stuff like that is the reason why. Very funny. ****.

The Simpsons "Grampy Can Ya Hear Me"

This episode ran really short. In addition to using the extended theme, they did a riff on The Adventures Of Ned Flanders with Hans Moleman.

Bart wanting to hold the acceptance letter because it would be the only time he ever would was beyond sad.

Barney's got a new little brother!

"Michigan sucks" is how Ohio State says "Excuse me." Good joke.

I like Bart saying he didn't want Lisa's help on his homework, her saying "Ouch", and him revealing he was just goofing her.

Kenny Hitler? I see what they did there.

I love the Game of Thrones stuff at the end. Unfortunately, the idea they stopped doing nudity once they won Emmys is sadly untrue. But I wish it were.

Pretty good week. ***1/2.

Family Guy "Three Directors"

Honestly, Lois did not care for the episode.

I would have gone with David Lynch instead of Wes Anderson, but because they did Anderson, they could do the joke of "Don't you wish his movies were that short?"

While the Tarantino and Anderson segments were more tributes than anything else, the Michael Bay thing was an actual slam as to what a hack director that sicko is. Very well done take-down. Not quite the level of Tiny Tom Cruise. But I sensed the contempt oozing from the episode.

I kind of feel this episode would have played better with a tribute card to Carrie Fisher and Adam West at the end. They both got those tribute cards already, but I have a feeling this episode is the last in which both of their roles are so big.

The first two segments were a good natured spoof, so they were fun. The last segment was an actual take-down of a garbage director, so it was much less so. ***1/2.

ToonsJazzLover

@Fone Bone you got to respect @copper20's opinions. I know he hate modern Family Guy with a burning passion, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if I disagree on his views.

Anyway, I was grounded during Week 4. If anyone asks, I wasn't feeling much of the Bob's Burgers and The Simpsons' annual Halloween episode due to my mood that day. I missed Follow the Money, but ended up watching it. It was breath of fresh air, having most of the recurring characters have a role, including the Griffins. Every single scenes there worked aside from the black dolphin (it should've lasted for 15 seconds), and Neil disrespecting his dead mother (Wow). It would be my second favorite episode of the season so far.

For this week, hear more of my Simpsons here (My username is under fas1997): http://www.nohomers.net/showthread....a-Hear-Me-quot-(WABF19)&p=3763494#post3763494

Bob's Burgers was funny this week. As usual, it delivers with great one-liners, and the characters were well-written. That babysitter was creepy. The subplot was good and somewhat relatable on Teddy's part.

Family Guy takes a lot of words to describe this week's episode. I think it's very underrated. A lot of people online are saying that it sucks, but to me, I thought it was mostly GREAT. First segment was a little too bloody, second segment was better but a little too rushed, and the third segment was fun to watch. More thoughts on my full review later.

JTOONSAnimation

November 12th
NOTE: There is no new episode of Bob's Burgers due to football overtime and affiliate programming.
THEME: The citizens.

8:00PM (EDT/PDT) - The Simpsons - "The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used to Be" - Marge becomes the mayor of Springfield.

9:00PM (EDT/PDT) - Family Guy - "The D in Apartment 23" - After posting a tweet, Brian becomes the most hated person in Quahog.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
@Fone Bone you got to respect @copper20's opinions. I know he hate modern Family Guy with a burning passion, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if I disagree on his views.
I will not deny that current Family Guy is hit or miss, and that I only tend to really enjoy the musical or gimmick episodes, because the characters are so horrible otherwise. But it's not like the original 50 episodes weren't one of the worst animated shows ever at the time. I get why people are mad The Simpsons is no longer usually great. Family Guy bashers bemoan the series' current mediocrity by wistfully wishing for the days when it was outright terrible.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The Skinner subplot made no sense because he wasn't raised by Agnes, he's an imposter.

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
Tonight’s Family Guy... I can’t believe this is happening. It’s like the “Life of Brian” saga all over again, only this time, Brian’s not killed.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Simpsons "The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be"

Is it just me, or are political Simpsons episodes no longer any fun? This was just so cynical and depressing. And the story really isn't and should not be. But the jokes made me wince.

Al Jean once did a REALLY good defense of Flanderization. In such an extreme partisan environment, they had to play up Ned as extreme as possible to show even a slight modern day contrast between Ned and Homer. And that is absolutely true. The right has gotten so extreme and crazy that they HAVE to make Ned horrible on some level to keep up.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it. That doesn't mean I don't think Flanders is worse for it. And that's pretty much the jokes in this episode. Flanders should not HAVE to suck this much and these are all things we should not HAVE to make fun of. I stopped watching Saturday Night Live because it depresses me what we have to satirize. I'm grateful The Simpsons doesn't do TOO many political episodes. Because this was no fun.

But hey, Monorail continuity. **1/2.

Family Guy "The D In Apartment 23"

Wow, that episode sucked.

I couldn't figure out the moral. Is the episode saying that society has gotten too sensitive towards racial insults? Because honestly, even if that were true, (and it's not) it's not like Brian is the well-meaning guy who made a simple mistake. This is part of an ongoing racist pattern for him. I'd be more inclined to think he was being treated unfairly, if every single recent episode hadn't been showing that the character is the single worst person who ever lived.

For the record, I don't want to hear about Brian's education anymore. Anyone who think a Baywatch movie is intellectually superior to a Ride-Along movie has absolutely no credibility when it comes to brainpower. I honestly do not get why the show was talking up the Baywatch movie so much. Baywatch sucks.

Even more disturbing was Chris and Meg going on a murder rampage in their school cafeteria. Seriously. It's a bit messed up what this show thinks is funny.

The only thing I liked was Alex Borstein's pained voice performance in the grocery store. That was literally more pathos than Lois has ever had before. Because she didn't even have to look.

I am not one of those people who thinks the recent Family Guy episodes are worse than the original 50. But dang it, episodes like this are why people think that. And this show is always more than happy to give them that fire. *.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Al Jean once did a REALLY good defense of Flanderization. In such an extreme partisan environment, they had to play up Ned as extreme as possible to show even a slight modern day contrast between Ned and Homer. And that is absolutely true. The right has gotten so extreme and crazy that they HAVE to make Ned horrible on some level to keep up.
I never understood this argument, characters have moments where there can be lapses in judgment, The Simpsons have just been around so long, of course, it may start to seem like a commonplace but he's clearly still the same character.

Even more disturbing was Chris and Meg going on a murder rampage in their school cafeteria. Seriously. It's a bit messed up what this show thinks is funny.
Well there you have it , mass shooting sprees have now become the norm to the point where shows can get away with this and not have it get pulled.

JTOONSAnimation

The episodes had something in common, when people with power (Brian & Quimby) say something that can easily offend people (sexist and racist respectively) and they lose their minds.

The Simpsons - "The Old Blue Mayor Ain't What She Used to Be"
7/10
This episode in my opinion missed the mark. It was't awful, but it wasn't great. There were a few good jokes here and there, but this was an average episode.

Family Guy - "The D in Apartment 23"
8/10
Wow, what an episode. This episode could have also been called "The Internet: 2017". They made it pretty obvious this takes place in 2017. The fight scene was awesome, but very dark in general, I'm surprised this actually made it to network TV. The final part of the episode was odd, just Brian living his life alone, with the ramblings of background characters. So overall, pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts