JTOONSAnimation

The thread for any news regarding Fox's Animation Domination block, and its animated series, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Bless the Harts, Duncanville, The Great North and Housebroken.

The Simpsons (renewed through season 34)
Sun, Apr 11th at 8:00pm Burger Kings
Sun, Apr 18th at 8:00pm – Panic on the Street of Springfield
Sun, May 9th at 8:00pm – Mother and Child Reunion
Sun, May 16th at 8:00pm – The Man from G.R.A.M.P.A.
Sun, May 23rd at 8:00pm – The Last Barfighter

Family Guy (renewed through season 21)
Sun, Apr 11th at 9:30pm – Who's Brian Now
Sun, Apr 18th at 9:30pm – Young Parent Trap
Sun, May 2nd at 9:30pm – Meg Goes to College
Sun, May 9th at 9:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 9:30pm – TBA

Bob's Burgers (renewed through season 13)
Sun, Apr 11th at 9:00pm – Fingers-loose
Sun, April 18th at 9:00pm – Some Kind of Fender Benderful
Sun, May 2nd at 9:00pm – Vampire Disco Death Dance
Sun, May 9th at 9:00pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 9:00pm – TBA
Sun, May 23rd at 9:30pm – TBA

Bless the Harts (cancelled)
Sun, Apr 11th at 7:30pm – Hot Tub-tation
Sun, Apr 18th at 7:30pm – Hoot 'N Haw
Sun, May 2nd at 7:30pm – The Drincan Temple
Sun, May 9th at 7:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 7:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 23rd at 7:30pm – TBA

Duncanville (renewed through season 3)
Sun, May 23rd at 8:30pm – TBA
Mon, May 31st at 9:30pm –TBA

The Great North (renewed for season 2)
Sun, Apr 11th at 8:30pm – Keep Beef-Lievin Adventure
Sun, Apr 18th at 8:30pm – Tusk in the Wind Adventure
Sun, May 2nd at 8:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 9th at 8:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 8:30pm – TBA

Housebroken (awaiting premiere)
Mon, May 31st at 9:00pm – TBA

Schedule:
TimeShowNotes
7:30pmBless the Harts
8:00pmThe Simpsons
8:30pmThe Great North
9:00pmBob's Burgers
9:30pmFamily Guy

TALKBACK THREAD: Animation on FOX Talkback 2020-2021 (Spoilers)

Last edited:

Orange Mo

orangemo
The thread for any news regarding Fox's Animation Domination block, and its animated series, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, Bless the Harts, Duncanville, The Great North and Housebroken.

The Simpsons (renewed through season 34)
Sun, Apr 11th at 8:00pm Burger Kings
Sun, Apr 18th at 8:00pm – Panic on the Street of Springfield
Sun, May 2nd at 8:00pm – The Man from G.R.A.M.P.A.
Sun, May 9th at 8:00pm – Mother and Child Reunion
Sun, May 16th at 8:00pm – The Last Barfighter

Family Guy (renewed through season 21)
Sun, Apr 11th at 9:30pm – Who's Brian Now
Sun, Apr 18th at 9:30pm – Young Parent Trap
Sun, May 2nd at 9:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 9th at 9:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 9:30pm – TBA

Bob's Burgers (renewed through season 13)
Sun, Apr 11th at 9:00pm – Fingers-loose
Sun, April 18th at 9:00pm – Some Kind of Fender Benderful
Sun, May 2nd at 9:00pm – TBA
Sun, May 9th at 9:00pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 9:00pm – TBA

Bless the Harts (cancelled)
Sun, Apr 4th at 7:30pm – Easter's 11
Sun, Apr 11th at 7:30pm – Hot Tub-tation
Sun, Apr 18th at 7:30pm – Hoot 'N Haw
Sun, May 2nd at 7:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 9th at 7:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 7:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 23rd at 7:30pm – TBA

Duncanville (renewed for season 2)
Sun, May 23rd at 8:30pm – TBA
Mon, May 31st at 9:30pm –TBA

The Great North (renewed for season 2)
Sun, Apr 11th at 8:30pm – Keep Beef-Lievin Adventure
Sun, Apr 18th at 8:30pm – Tusk in the Wind Adventure
Sun, May 2nd at 8:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 9th at 8:30pm – TBA
Sun, May 16th at 8:30pm – TBA

Housebroken (awaiting premiere)
Mon, May 31st at 9:00pm – TBA

Schedule:
TimeShowNotes
7:30pmBless the Harts
8:00pmThe Simpsons
8:30pmThe Great North
9:00pmBob's Burgers
9:30pmFamily Guy

TALKBACK THREAD: Animation on FOX Talkback 2020-2021 (Spoilers)
Last Bartfighter is May 23 not 16

JTOONSAnimation

!!!APRIL UPDATE!!!

• Family Guy and The Great North air their season finales on May 16th.
  • Bless the Harts has been cancelled and will air its last episodes through May, no confirmed season finale date.
  • Duncanville has been renewed for a third season, season two premieres May 23rd
  • The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers air their season finales on May 23rd.

Orange Mo

orangemo
!!!APRIL UPDATE!!!

• Family Guy and The Great North air their season finales on May 16th.
  • Bless the Harts has been cancelled and will air its last episodes through May, no confirmed season finale date.
  • Duncanville has been renewed for a third season, season two premieres May 23rd
  • The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers air their season finales on May 23rd.
Man from GRAMPA will air 5/16. There’s a rerun scheduled on May 2.

JTOONSAnimation

Premiere schedule has been updated

There's a new Bless the Harts, Bob's Burgers and Family Guy on May 2nd, The Simpsons and The Great North are reruns. I can already see Bless the Harts getting a low rating that day.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Premiere schedule has been updated

There's a new Bless the Harts, Bob's Burgers and Family Guy on May 2nd, The Simpsons and The Great North are reruns. I can already see Bless the Harts getting a low rating that day.
Not sure why they don’t just move it to 8:30 in an attempt to boost ratings. Just f fox seriously lol.

JTOONSAnimation

Not sure why they don’t just move it to 8:30 in an attempt to boost ratings. Just f fox seriously lol.

Not only that, they're also not giving the show its own individual promos anymore (aside from last week's Easter episode) or even uploading official clips on Fox website or the YouTube page since November. It's no wonder most people have been unaware of the show, Fox set it up to bomb.

The only exposure its been getting are in the weekly AniDom promos.
Screenshot 2021-04-10 160425.jpg

harry580

Not only that, they're also not giving the show its own individual promos anymore (aside from last week's Easter episode) or even uploading official clips on Fox website or the YouTube page since November. It's no wonder most people have been unaware of the show, Fox set it up to bomb.View attachment 287013
one reason to hate fox, other then tom rothman, fox selling its film and tv studios to disney, fox not caring about blue sky studios, fox giving up children animation on television, being political and more

Orange Mo

orangemo
Not only that, they're also not giving the show its own individual promos anymore (aside from last week's Easter episode) or even uploading official clips on Fox website or the YouTube page since November. It's no wonder most people have been unaware of the show, Fox set it up to bomb.

The only exposure its been getting are in the weekly AniDom promos.
View attachment 287013
They had decided by early-November to cancel the series, that is why. I've noticed this since mid-November and then I knew the show was canned.

It's funny since Dead Mall performed pretty well in the ratings yet Fox still wanted to can the show.

JTOONSAnimation

They had decided by early-November to cancel the series, that is why. I've noticed this since mid-November and then I knew the show was canned.

It's funny since Dead Mall performed pretty well in the ratings yet Fox still wanted to can the show.
Honestly sucks, especially now when Fox is really digging deep into animation, its hard for a new series to really compete with the three dominant shows.

Luckily Duncanville is airing in the summertime now, if it aired during the regular season, it would likely be cancelled too.

harry580

Honestly sucks, especially now when Fox is really digging deep into animation, its hard for a new series to really compete with the three dominant shows.

Luckily Duncanville is airing in the summertime now, if it aired during the regular season, it would likely be cancelled too.
yes fox at this point like nickelodeon where they dump a cartoon on nicktoons or cancelled a cartoon that didn't share the same success as spongebob or the loud house

JTOONSAnimation

yes fox at this point like nickelodeon where they dump a cartoon on nicktoons or cancelled a cartoon that didn't share the same success as spongebob or the loud house
To be fair with Fox it's a little more justified.

Fox is a broadcast network with limited time slots, making money from solely ad revenue (can't keep low-rated shows for too long), and limited resources, so they don't really have time to wait a while for a show to take off. If Fox had more time slots or was a cable network, they'd definitely take some more risks.

Nickelodeon on the other end has plenty of time slots, has multiple sources of income (can afford to take some risks), and has lots of resources, so they can definitely take a risk on a show that doesn't instantly reach the success of SpongeBob.

Orange Mo

orangemo
To be fair with Fox it's a little more justified.

Fox is a broadcast network with limited time slots, making money from solely ad revenue (can't keep low-rated shows for too long), and limited resources, so they don't really have time to wait a while for a show to take off. If Fox had more time slots or was a cable network, they'd definitely take some more risks.

Nickelodeon on the other end has plenty of time slots, has multiple sources of income (can afford to take some risks), and has lots of resources, so they can definitely take a risk on a show that doesn't instantly reach the success of SpongeBob.
Fox recently just expanded into summer and will be losing Thursday Night Football in a few years, so I think their excuse now is less. A lot of reality programming can air in the summer, leaving more room for scripted programming. Also, almost never does the network take digital numbers into consideration which is kind of a huge problem. If they're gonna push animation, they should keep their new shows for at least 3 seasons to see how they do. BTH deserved at least 1 more season.

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

Fox recently just expanded into summer and will be losing Thursday Night Football in a few years, so I think their excuse now is less. A lot of reality programming can air in the summer, leaving more room for scripted programming. Also, almost never does the network take digital numbers into consideration which is kind of a huge problem. If they're gonna push animation, they should keep their new shows for at least 3 seasons to see how they do. BTH deserved at least 1 more season.
Oh yeah Fox could definitely try harder now, but compared to Nickelodeon they still have somewhat of an excuse.

It's a shame though, Fox could've pushed at least a one or two seasons of BTH seasons out even if it was at 7:30pm. At least then more people would've been exposed to it and more networks would've been interested in picking it up (for new episodes or syndication), giving Fox/Disney somewhat of a profit.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Oh yeah Fox could definitely try harder now, but compared to Nickelodeon they still have somewhat of an excuse.

It's a shame though, Fox could've pushed at least a one or two seasons of BTH seasons out even if it was at 7:30pm. At least then more people would've been exposed to it and more networks would've been interested in picking it up (for new episodes or syndication), giving Fox/Disney somewhat of a profit.
Yeah the show does way better on delayed viewing than live so not sure why the Hulu and international #s (on Disney+ Star and Hotstar) are being ignored.

Should have gotten at least one more season with 56 episodes total.

JTOONSAnimation

harry580

A new adult animated Flintstones series titled "Bedrock" is in development:

not the first time fox attempt to do a Flintstones animated series, the first attempt was back in 2011 (10 years ago, coincidence?) with Seth MacFarlane involvement

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts