Animaniacs Volume 1 DVD has been "repackaged"...

TeridaxXD001

So I wanted to add Animaniacs Volume 1 to my Amazon shopping cart and I had a choice between two editions: one released in 2007 that was slightly more expensive (about two dollars more) and a slightly cheaper one released just this past June. The product summary merely says "repackaged." What am I supposed to make of this? Should take it literally, in that they changed the packaging (perhaps a cheaper, more economical/bare bones case as opposed to the slipcover the Spielberg cartoons are presented in), or are the discs' content actually improved? Like better picture quality or missing parts restored (one "Dot's Poetry Corner" segment is notably missing entirely from all current official releases).

I'm totally willing to spend two extra dollars if it means I'm getting a sturdier case (which seems the more likely scenario to me), but if the disc content is improved (not likely) I'd go for that.

Erased Paper

The product summary merely says "repackaged." What am I supposed to make of this? Should take it literally, in that they changed the packaging (perhaps a cheaper, more economical/bare bones case as opposed to the slipcover the Spielberg cartoons are presented in)
Probably.

(one "Dot's Poetry Corner" segment is notably missing entirely from all current official releases).
Which one?

Erased Paper

Cross-referencing a Reddit post and the Animaniacs wiki, the missing segment is "There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe."
Which is from episode 27, so it wouldn't be in "Volume 1", anyway.

The other missing things are:
#51: "The Warners and the Beanstalk" title card
#55: chase scene- mailbox, with elephant
#55: "Dot's Quiet Time" title card

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
I'm with @Classic Speedy ; I doubt they'd change the actual content seeing as how that would require a lot more time and money.

Which is from episode 27, so it wouldn't be in "Volume 1", anyway.

The other missing things are:
#51: "The Warners and the Beanstalk" title card
#55: chase scene- mailbox, with elephant
#55: "Dot's Quiet Time" title card
Interestingly enough, the Hulu copies do contain all those bits, and have a handful of other minor differences from the DVD. One that immediately comes to mind is that "Le Boutons et le Ballon" uses the subtitled version.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Think this year is the first we get any PSAs with "We're all in this together"? Think again.

(Just the first one...I think)

I wish TOM 2 didn't die. He's way better than any other TOM.
MeTV will be airing The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone at 9 PM EST tonight. This marks the first time, I think, that the channel has aired anything Flintstones beyond the original show.
Honestly, some of the shows that aired (or currently airing) on Cartoon Network don't even warrant the TV-PG rating, I'm talking shows like Teen Titans Go!, DC Super Hero Girls, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa for example. TV-Y7 at least.