Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain, and Tiny Toons on Hulu

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Guess that explains why it was taken off of Netflix. Glad that that and other Steven Spielberg cartoons are on Hulu now.

jaylop97

Staff member
This is pretty big for Hulu, It's exciting to see Animaniacs coming back for more seasons with Steven Spielberg still being involved in the series.

Dudley

Staff member
I’m glad Animaniacs found a new streaming home, and definitely glad that Tiny Toons is there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to get Hulu to watch these shows. I would love to watch Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, and Pinky and the Brain on my phone wherever I go, just like I do with Jungle Cubs, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, and 101 Dalmatians: The Series on Amazon.

I still remember when I watched Tiny Toon Adventures on Nickelodeon around 6AM. That was the first of the 5 WB/Amblin shows I saw and for a few ones the only one I saw.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Further investigation shows Hulu also now has "Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish", "Tiny Toons: How I spent my vacation", "Tiny Toons: Night Ghoulery", and "Tiny Toons: Spring Break Special"!! :)

EDIT: Awwww...but further investigation reveals Hulu doesn't have "Tazmania", "Histeria", "Freakazoid", "Road Rovers", or "Duck Dodgers". :(

Further investigation shows Hulu also now has "Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish", "Tiny Toons: How I spent my vacation", "Tiny Toons: Night Ghoulery", and "Tiny Toons: Spring Break Special"!! :)

EDIT: Awwww...but further investigation reveals Hulu doesn't have "Tazmania", "Histeria", "Freakazoid", "Road Rovers", or "Duck Dodgers". :(
I noticed that a lot of the Taz-Mania episodes haven't been available legally since 1999 on Cartoon Network, as WB only released 26 episodes on DVD

DeanBurrito25

I don't think it's been stated enough how much of a power move this was on Hulu's part. Netflix had the rights to Animaniacs but they let it slip through their fingers. (They were also initially going to have the reboot if I'm not mistaken.) Along with the service's already abundant library of TV programs, Hulu is really gaining an edge over the competition.

Anyway, I can finally binge the original series since it left my Netflix watchlist before I had a chance to start. :D

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
This development, along with Hulu being available on Switch, has made me know for a fact that I need to return to it. Couldn't be happier, really.

Especially after I found out the rare Night Ghoulery and Spring Break specials are on there, too. Apart from an obscure VHS of the former, those two haven't seen any official home media release, so this is a dang big deal to me.

The only downside is that the DVDs I have for Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain are now kind of worthless.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Eventually I'd like to see all non-DC WB cartoon shows on the Boomerang SVOD service to make things easier for fans of WB animation

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
BTW the copy of Night Ghoulery uses the same master as the Fox and Hub airings, with that odd hybrid intro instead of the Nightmare Before Christmas parody.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

ToonJay723

Staff member
Hulu Support will ask their content team if they could get Freakazoid on Hulu. The only Steven Spielberg/WB cartoon that's missing.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Hulu Support will ask their content team if they could get Freakazoid on Hulu. The only Steven Spielberg/WB cartoon that's missing.

"The only"? See my post above. They need to add on "Tazmania", "Histeria", "Road Rovers", and "Duck Dodgers".

Unless those weren't "Steven Spielberg presents" cartoons.

Still, they are part of the 90's "WB TV Golden Age of cartoons" era. EDIT: Well, it was the early 00's, for Duck Dodgers.

ToonJay723

Staff member
"The only"? See my post above. They need to add on "Tazmania", "Histeria", "Road Rovers", and "Duck Dodgers".

Unless those weren't "Steven Spielberg presents" cartoons.

Still, they are part of the 90's "WB TV Golden Age of cartoons" era. EDIT: Well, it was the early 00's, for Duck Dodgers.
No, Spielberg didn't produce those shows, but Ruegger did work on Road Rovers and Histeria!

I think Hulu's deal is with Spielberg and WB rather than just WB in general. I think those other shows could end up on the Boomerang app.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts