"Animaniacs (2020)" Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't think it was intended to be the last episode though. The original went out on its own terms. The Hulu one was canceled.

AllenJ

IIRC, one of the show's crew members said they weren't even informed this would be the last season until well into production, so the meteor gag was basically tacked on at the last minute (and apparently they also wanted to put the Hulu logo on the meteor but were prevented from doing that).

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
IIRC, one of the show's crew members said they weren't even informed this would be the last season until well into production, so the meteor gag was basically tacked on at the last minute (and apparently they also wanted to put the Hulu logo on the meteor but were prevented from doing that).
So the crew's idea was to take a bad situation (that is, getting cancelled) and make it WORSE (that is, have the characters hit by a meteor)? Great idea, guys.

At least if it had just ended without that part it would've been an innocuous finale, instead of... THAT.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
So the crew's idea was to take a bad situation (that is, getting cancelled) and make it WORSE (that is, have the characters hit by a meteor)? Great idea, guys.

At least if it had just ended without that part it would've been an innocuous finale, instead of... THAT.
That is a pretty literal interpretation of that. They're cartoons. They get hit with a meteor, five seconds later Dot will be all "C'mon, guys, walk it off."

The Warners didn't just literally die. It's weird people think they did.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts