Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
According to this wikia, Slappy will not appear, which, if true, is a shame. Can anyone confirm this with an official source?

harry580

i want goodfeathers, i like birds, as you can tell by this profile pic, bring goodfeathers back

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
It'll probably be the Warners, Pinky And The Brain, (maybe) some Slappy, and some new segments to freshen this up.
If they wanted to bring Slappy Squirrel in for the reboot, they would have to find and convince her voice actress, and writer of the original series, Sherri Stoner to join the cast.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I just hope that there's more to the revival than the Warners and Pinky & the Brain. While they're undeniably the brightest spots of the original series, a whole show with just them could get tiresome.

Since Goodfeathers and Slappy Squirrel are now dated, and Rita & Runt and Buttons & Mindy are....well, just not that iconic, I'm fine with them focusing on the Warners and Pinky & the Brain. Maybe they'll create new characters, to mirror the times we're living in now?

Though I'd be fine with the return (in brief skits) of Chicken Boo and Mr. Skullhead. That's be awesome.

powerjake

Banned
One big problem with the classic Animaniacs is too much pointless filler shorts that are boring and repetitive.

This video sums it up.

Mandouga

Good Idea Bad Idea?
Mime Time?
the "Randy Beaman" boy?
the various lead ins to the shorts?
escaping from the tower?
the "Wheel of Morality"
returning to the tower while tricking Ralph?

No offense to you, or the guy in the video, but they are hardly repetitive or boring. These segments just as much make the show as the main segments do. I really don't think you, or the guy in the video are being fair. The show (probably) wouldn't be half as good without them. I'm sure that the new show will do something similar, at least, if not the exact same thing, but that's just me; we won't know what it looks like until it premieres.

Oh, and one more thing, the original show is no more or less "outdated" than Tiny Toon Adventures, or any of the classic Warner Bros. shorts...

EDIT: Oh, I see. "That Guy With The Glasses". If he's anything like "The Angry Video Game Nerd", his review of the original show probably shouldn't be taken seriously...

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Actually, Doug loves Animaniacs so rabidly that it's the one thing he can't bear to make the NC slam. He's done several loving tributes, one actually involving Ruegger, Stoner and Rugg.

powerjake

Banned
Good Idea Bad Idea?
Mime Time?
the "Randy Beaman" boy?
the various lead ins to the shorts?
escaping from the tower?
the "Wheel of Morality"
returning to the tower while tricking Ralph?

No offense to you, or the guy in the video, but they are hardly repetitive or boring. These segments just as much make the show as the main segments do. I really don't think you, or the guy in the video are being fair. The show (probably) wouldn't be half as good without them. I'm sure that the new show will do something similar, at least, if not the exact same thing, but that's just me; we won't know what it looks like until it premieres.

Oh, and one more thing, the original show is no more or less "outdated" than Tiny Toon Adventures, or any of the classic Warner Bros. shorts...

EDIT: Oh, I see. "That Guy With The Glasses". If he's anything like "The Angry Video Game Nerd", his review of the original show probably shouldn't be taken seriously...

All those you mentioned are not the ones I am talking about, as for the video. I posted that video just to describe filler episodes.

I'm talking about these shorts.

The Good Feathers (Just flatout boring waste of time)
Mindy and Buttons (This one really gets on my nerves as its not funny)
The Hip Hippos (Felt like they were made for the sake of the writers making a cartoon thats unfunny)
Rita and Runt (Awful just forced musical cartoon that drags on for too long, also very boring)
Chicken Boo (I just never cared for these shorts, just NOT funny)
Minerva Mink (Very pointless just two shorts but still pointless).
Katie Kaboom (These were just terrible not funny and a waste of time)
Slappy Squirrel (Rarely even funny and just gets more annoying and pointless)

Thats what I'm talking about for too much pointless filler shorts that are boring and repetitive.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Would I call anything that is not the Warners and Pinky and the Brain "filler"? Heck no.

Outside of Slappy, who I also consider to be an A-List character, a better term of these characters are B-Listers and C-Listers, with Animaniacs being similar to the golden age of theatrical shorts (in which studios would have a couple of do big name characters and a few smaller characters with their own short series).

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Yeah, I wouldn't call the majority of those characters filler, even if I'm only a fan of a handful of them. I still think that a show with just the Warners and Pinky and the Brain will become tiresome after a certain point. As much as I like the Warners, they can be pretty unlikable when allowed to cross a line, as they did often in the later episodes. And frankly, Pinky and the Brain work better every so often, as their segments get repetitive quickly, even on their own show. Maybe add some new segments, but without at least Slappy, it'll feel like something's missing.

I'd be more willing to accept calling the wraparounds and shorter segments like "Good Idea, Bad Idea" as filler, but I like those, myself, and think they have their place. They add spice and variety to the show.

cheril59

I didn't mention it sooner, but well...I know Slappy and Skippy won't appear in the new show, they were my favorites. But at least I'm betting that the Brain's girl Billie will be there. Troz!

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts