Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Animaniacs seems like a really big cartoon. Does anyone know on which channels this will air outside the USA and Japan?

Disney+? Netflix? Boomerang?

wiley207

I dunno, unlike the other shows, this Animaniscs reboot is being MADE for Hulu, and Hulu is fitting the bill for its production. Hulu should be able to keep that show on the platform.

I don't know... they could always just move to the Boomerang streaming service. I know AT&T is planning a streaming service, but many of the animated shows they own through WarnerMedia are already on Boomerang and the DC streaming service. Plus, the Boomerang service would probably be a good home to stream the original "Animaniacs" and "Tiny Toon Adventures." I mean, they already have "Taz-Mania," "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries" and "Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights," so why not?

cristian12345678

Animaniacs seems like a really big cartoon. Does anyone know on which channels this will air outside the USA and Japan?

Disney+? Netflix? Boomerang?

in latinamerica animaniacs still airs on tooncast,it appeared on boomerang and it appeared on cartoon network anniversary(in 2018)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I dunno, unlike the other shows, this Animaniscs reboot is being MADE for Hulu, and Hulu is fitting the bill for its production. Hulu should be able to keep that show on the platform.

What about Young Justice? The original plan was to put the show on Netflix before WB decided to place it on DC Universe instead. Did Netflix help pay for its revival?

If so, then I guess WB can just yank away properties whenever they please.

Mandouga

Okay, let me just say that if this (comeback?) season ends up being the only one, they are going to have a LOT of egg on their faces...

Really, this is just overconfidence, IMO (at least in this case).

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
What are some actors you want to lend their voices to the show?

I personally would not mind Thomas Haden Church.

cristian12345678

something i noticed from the posters
it seems they will be a bit diferent compared to the original series i mean the warners annoy someone in the same way and in the 2020 animaniacs the warners annoy someone in a diferent way
it seems yakko will be more mischievious,wakko is the same and dot has curious personality youll see the diferencies compsring the two images (original series and storyboard 2020 animaniacs)

Reactions: RDG

cristian12345678

Yeah, let's not jump to any conclusions (yet). It may just be one part of it. They may be exactly the same...
i think it will be the same but diferent at the same time in terms of personality(like jess harnell(wakko voice actor) said it "it would be better and funnier than the original series")

Last edited:

GlassCake

Paul Rugg will not return to write for Animaniacs and he explains why he had to decline.

twitter.com/pkrugg/status/1141094511386345472?

I respect his decision though

Mandouga

So his answer is basically summed up as "been there, done that". Although, he more or less says that he might (repeat: "might") be willing to do a Freakazoid! reboot.

On the other hand, what about the other writers, such as Sherry Stoner (voice of Slappy Squirrel, and writer on many of the original show's segments), for instance?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts