Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

cristian12345678

@cristian12345678 Read the articles. It's in the early stages of development and isn't definitely happening. I wouldn't get any hopes up.
at least its a start and its not a rumor like "darkwing duck" rumor of the last time
continue seeing animaniacs in netflix,continue seeing animaniacs live
thats will be big help to greenlight an animaniacs reboot
steven spielbierg is on board on this proyect and is in development thanks to him
pd:sam register would say yes to steven spielberg but unlike the last show he probably say he cant use looney tunes characters,hannah barbera,tom and jerry characters,he can use mgm characters(droopy,big bad wolf,butch the dog i mean all the chaacters created by tex avery)
they can mention them now and have a cameo role this time

and remember

Last edited:

Ando

hype status:
If362wN.jpg

Dijeirusan

I think it's a product of its time and would need to much reworking, it may as well be a new thing entirely.

cristian12345678

I don't get it, are you supposed to be angry or is that how excited you are for this?

if the reboot gets greenlight,i think that animaniacs reboot should be in netflix
becomes popular thanks to netflix besides steven spielberg netflix five comes back has universal aclaim wich means theres a good relationship between amblin and netflix also warner brother has a good relationship with netflix doing original series to them
in terms of humor of the series they definetly are not dreamworks netflix neighter(kids humor) bojack and f is for family(adult animated series) s humor
animaniacs is definetly in the grey area

Ando

I don't get it, are you supposed to be angry or is that how excited you are for this?
Excited, good thing. Although on second thought I will probably dislike most of it, if they accomodate a lot to modern standards like they did with Wabbit. Most of what bothers me is the drawing style which will obviously not be like it was in the original show, which is a bad thing if you ask me, and I also fear they turn it very politically correct like a lot of cartoons today, which would, in a big part, kill the original sense of the show, but idk, maybe I'm just saying nonsense really. Even if it's bad I want it to happen because it'd be better than nothing and would make it possible to make it even better later if this time wasn't very good I guess.

Nevermind me, I'm mostly saying nonsense.

cristian12345678

Excited, good thing. Although on second thought I will probably dislike most of it, if they accomodate a lot to modern standards like they did with Wabbit. Most of what bothers me is the drawing style which will obviously not be like it was in the original show, which is a bad thing if you ask me, and I also fear they turn it very politically correct like a lot of cartoons today, which would, in a big part, kill the original sense of the show, but idk, maybe I'm just saying nonsense really. Even if it's bad I want it to happen because it'd be better than nothing and would make it possible to make it even better later if this time wasn't very good I guess.

Nevermind me, I'm mostly saying nonsense.

1-it would have a good quality in tems of animation and music thanks to amblin thas for sure

2-if greenlight, they would show it in netflix as an original series and like i say previously they are in a grey area in terms of humor they can do everything but they must define their type of humor in netflix(dreamworks shows) or(bojack horseman s humor)(cynical humor,adult r rated humor)

Yum

Honestly, I would give anything to become a storyboard artist/character designer/writer/director on that show...
if it actually were greenlit, I have some interesting ideas for the franchise...

Narfpinky

~splash~
Staff member
[New Thread! All posts about Animaniacs relaunch news have been moved here.]

(Remember, they're just discussing this -- Nothing solid yet.)

I'm excited about this, and yet I have some reservations.

I hope they make some effort to draw the characters to look the way they did originally. Granted, that was back when they were being painted on cels yet. ;-)

Someone will need to fill in for the late great Richard Stone's musical compositions. He really helped set the mood for all the scenes.

Most important is all the voice actors have to be back for this or it really would not be the same.

Gear3dGryph0n

I like the idea of at least bringing an Animaniacs-like show back to the airwaves (rather, wirelines) today. It had a nice edge to it that paid homage to the past while staying current and pushing the envelope as far as you could against the standards of kids' shows of the time, as well as its pop culture humor and cast of brilliant, iconic characters. Considering Animaniacs had a wide cast of characters spread out over a multi-short format, this would work very well as a short-form offering for the Internet (possibly for Boomerang, forbidding Time Warner's hardball) or a space-filler on one of the cable channels.

I do have to wonder if they'll be able to get the whole crew back together; most of them are still active but have been working on franchise shows such as The 7D and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. Among the other challenges they'll face is the fact that pop culture moves at a much faster pace today than it did in the 90s. Animaniacs could make a parody of "La Macarena" just fine but couldn't have possibly made one of "Gangnam Style" without being dated by the time it comes out. I think they could learn a thing or two from Gumball here and I personally would like to see some of their writers come over if they can't get the band back together.

A lot of people (even some of the characters) are understandably wary given the current reboot-mania and Warner's track record with Teen Titans Go and the Tom & Jerry movies, but this is still at a very early stage. The only thing that can be judged is the idea of bringing the show back, which is a good one to me at least.

SpaceCowboy

If they kept a formula of the original show where they parodied Disney stuff, it could work. Like having an episode that mocks Frozen or Pirates of the Caribbean in a very tongue-and-cheek manner.

Ando

First of all, before I cause any missunderstanding, this makes me happy if anything. But here are some things I fear:
(Nothing personal against the show makers, the writters or the animators, this is based on how the cartoon world is nowadays)

Given the simplicity of most of today's reboots, I can't help but imagine this reboot might be nothing but a lighter version of what it was. By this I mean it lacking a lot of characters such as Dr. Scratchansniff, Plotz, and even many segments/mini-shows. About that last thing, I wouldn't personally care if they don't reboot Godfeathers, Katie Kaboom, Chicken Boo, Mindy and Buttons or Hip Hippos because I never really enjoyed those, but if they don't reboot Slappy Squirrel and/or Pinky and the Brain it would mean they are probably not thinking great for the show (I liked Rita and Runt too and would like them to come back as well but I think it's not objectively as relevant as Slappy or Pinky&Brain).
Main reason I believe this is because I really doubt they will go find a bunch of voice actors and writters to make so many segments like the original show had, considering the simplicity of reboots in general.

In summary I honestly believe odds are they will only reboot the Warner Siblings with a very light visual style like the Powerpuff Girls reboot or Wabbit, and with a softer comedy as well. The voices will probably be different too.

Maybe most of you will despise me for what I'm gonna say here but I'm more hyped about seeing Slappy and Skippy back rather than the Warner siblings. Mainly because the Warner siblings had a lot of episodes (way more than Slappy of course since this one was a "side segment") and even though they still have the potential for more, Slappy had (in my opinion) the same potential as them (if not more) and it only had very few episodes.
I honestly enjoyed Slappy more than the Warner siblings, and if they do a reboot without her, it would be much more irrelevant to me.
To put it in simpler words, Yakko, Wakko and Dot had like, I don't know, 80 episodes? when Slappy had about 22. I'm not saying Slappy was way and objectively better than the Warner siblings, but for me, in all honesty, it was as good or slightly better, and it would hurt to see more episodes of the one that had about 80 and not a single one more of the one that had 22 and I liked more.
But yeah, I'm a minority after all. Maybe only 5% or less of the people that remember Animaniacs want Slappy back as much as I do. But nonetheless, it would hurt to throw all the segments off the window an stick only with the warner siblings. If you ask me, it would mean that the reboot has weak roots and aims for a lighter, less relevant production with lower budget and inspiration.

Last edited:

cristian12345678

this take time remember fuller house :
about fuller house:
"In August 2014, reports circulated that Warner Bros. Television was considering a series reboot. John Stamos, who had an ownership stake in the show, headed up the attempt to get the series back into production. Creator Jeff Franklin returned as executive producer and showrunner with the collaboration of original executive producers Thomas L. Miller and Robert L. Boyett under their Miller-Boyett Productions label.[30]

In April 2015, it was reported that Netflix was close to closing a deal to produce a 13-episode sequel series tentatively titled Fuller House. A representative for Netflix said that the report was "just a rumor".[30][31] In response to the report, Bure tweeted, "While you all ponder over whether the Fuller House show is true or is an April Fools joke, check out [link to her upcoming TV movie]", and Stamos tweeted, "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."[32] On April 20, he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, confirming the spin-off series had been green-lit by Netflix."

cristian12345678

I can imagine some of them returning with others probably not knowing how much time has it been since the show ended.

remember spike brandt s art in animaniacs
http://68.media.tumblr.com/4faa5ae63e2d9a96073388972f1b2d37/tumblr_inline_msej4wwpWK1qz4rgp.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/130b992c01bd9640ebd3cd1509560095/tumblr_inline_mnzwfkfIfO1qz4rgp.png

now look the art of spike brandt now
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0_ynVlwAg9U/R-8DVwOLjwI/AAAAAAAADIQ/EhOZukqDJvM/s400/3.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xMWbB-S3NV4/S_cN3Mxt5OI/AAAAAAAAAz8/FYxyGLd7TBk/s1600/scooby0004.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0_ynVlwAg9U/R-8DowOLjzI/AAAAAAAADIo/q6DtlQpsIF4/s400/4.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0_ynVlwAg9U/R-8EWwOLj4I/AAAAAAAADJQ/KOwRo086Oso/s400/9.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0_ynVlwAg9U/SKOyxicFOaI/AAAAAAAAD10/IGnw0y8MxGo/s400/6.jpg

i know that movie will suck but that shows spike brandt art as an example
https://moviepilot.com/p/tom-and-jerry-willy-wonka-chocolate-factory-trailer/4250383

if tom ruegguer cant do the reboot ,i hope spike brandt (and tony cervone actually making s.c.o.o.b fillm)could be the producers of animaniacs reboot
but dont worry, steven spielberg is the one who would make the final decision and not sam register

Last edited:

cristian12345678

I can imagine some of them returning with others probably not knowing how much time has it been since the show ended.
besides wb animation needs animaniacs(amblin television)like wb needs dc entertainment
if they have animaniacs reboot theyll have more money than before(merchandising,videogames,etc)
a proof that animaniacs work nowadays is neflix and animaniacs live

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts