Animaniacs (2020) News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Too Hip For Spielberg
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Another update: acording to maurice lamarche in the sfsketchfestival it passed 20 years since the original show ended and the brain become more Bitter because he still couldnt take over the world

This is interesting, because the original show kept the ages of the mice biologically correct. Brain said he was over the hill at 2, and there's an episode where they see their future selves as old mice..."we must be almost 4 years old!" said Pinky.

It could be handwaved by saying they now live as long as people due to the genetic experiments, but only if they say so.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
This is interesting, because the original show kept the ages of the mice biologically correct. Brain said he was over the hill at 2, and there's an episode where they see their future selves as old mice..."we must be almost 4 years old!" said Pinky.

It could be handwaved by saying they now live as long as people due to the genetic experiments, but only if they say so.
Or maybe that kind of minutia and continuity isn't worth keeping straight 20 years later.

Aug 1, 2016
Wild will develop, write and produce new animated projects — for both adult, kid and family audiences — at WBA across all platforms, including premium/pay and basic cable channels, streaming/on-demand and digital platforms, and the broadcast networks. While the focus of Wild’s deal will be animation, the deal also encompasses the other scripted programming divisions of the Warner Bros. Television Group — such as Warner Bros. Television, Warner Horizon Scripted Television and digital venture Blue Ribbon Content — for Wild to develop, write and produce original live-action projects at the Studio.
Warner Bros. Animation President Sam Register said: “From his impressive run on Family Guy to his notable list of credits, Wellesley knows how to produce quality animation and entertain audiences. The amazing work he is currently doing on Animaniacs is just one example of the versatile storytelling he brings to the Studio. This will be invaluable as we continue to expand our programming focus into more areas, including adult animation.”
“Warner Bros. Animation has provided the support, flexibility and passion that top the wish list of any creator, so I’m thrilled to continue our relationship and adding to the legacy of this storied studio,” said Wild.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Perhaps if Animaniacs 2.0 is successful we will see revivals of Tiny Toons (where Babs and Lola can finally meet) and the stand-alone Pinky and the Brain series. Spielberg (and Amblin) can also collaborate with WB through being a producer of the Pokemon Cinematic Universe (which would be derived from Spielberg's interest in video games).

EJLD4Ever

Animation Student
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle Area, WA
Perhaps if Animaniacs 2.0 is successful we will see revivals of Tiny Toons (where Babs and Lola can finally meet) and the stand-alone Pinky and the Brain series. Spielberg (and Amblin) can also collaborate with WB through being a producer of the Pokemon Cinematic Universe (which would be derived from Spielberg's interest in video games).
That'd be overkill IMBHO. What I'd much rather see is the Tiny Toons cast having cameos in the new Animaniacs, much like they did in the old one, in the same fashion as how characters from other Disney Afternoon shows (TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck) made cameos in the new DuckTales.

MarshalGrover

Jan 4, 2017
It would be overkill. Rebooting Tiny Toons seems highly unlikely because: A. it relies upon the kids' familiarity with the original Looney Tunes, which isn't as high today, B. Animaniacs has much looser ties to Looney Tunes, but it works very much as its own thing. Tiny Toons doesn't quite have that luxary.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.
it is kinda weird how despite Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie until Lion King 2019, there were no mainstream animated movies that tried to copy it, or at least accused of copying Frozen. I wonder why?
Just letting you guys know: I'm changing my username in two weeks. It's similar to the original, but a bit more wordy.
Asa
The last time a new SpongeBob premiered before KCA's was in March 2017.