Animal Drawings - Feedback Wanted

Latest News & Videos

Lock n' Stock

Space Koala
Mar 29, 2018
Lancashire, England
www.tumblr.com
Nice coloring and shading. The shading looks like it came from a uniform light source rather than all over the place, which is a good thing. Some people just put shading wherever. It's a good idea to imagine where the light is coming from then you are adding shading and shadows.

Speaking of shading, how did you add yours? When I draw in Photoshop, I normally use a mask layer and change it to multiply to get the desired effect. Still figuring out how to do the same in Toon Boom.
I basically export the drawn outline as a PNG from Adobe Animate, then import it into Photoshop where I highlight each segment of the drawing using the Magic Wand tool, then colour it in accordingly (while keeping the colour on a seperate layer). I'm not sure if this is the standard way of doing it, but it works for me.

Reactions: 1 person

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List