Angus Oblong and Adult Swim make a deal to create new "Oblongs" episodes

DeanBurrito25

According to an interview on The Daily Freak Show, Angus Oblong has recently announced he has made a deal with Adult Swim to produce new episodes of The Oblongs. (Skip to about 6:07.)

I think Oblongs is a very underrated show, so this is great news! :)
Thoughts?

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
With this news, this makes it the fourth cancelled series to be revived by AS(the other three being Home Movies, Futurama and Family Guy).

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Ooo I'm excited! It's done pretty well in reruns for them but I wasn't expecting a revival. I hope they can get Will Ferril and the rest of the cast back it just wouldn't be the same without them.

I recently picked up the boxset for 14.99 at Half Price Books (brand new actually) and haven't busted it out yet but I might just have to in order to celebrate even the possiblity of new episodes of The Oblongs.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Hmmm, new episodes, huh? Cool. I wonder if it's being animated in flash and where the productions coming from.

Mist

Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic
Sweet!

I remember Angus Oblong once mentioned he didn't like the show because it was too tame and like a typical animated sitcom. If he is given more creative control, I think this is going to be a much more twisted take on the series. (I just hope they don't make it a gorefest like EVERY OTHER CARTOON ON AS)

We probably won't get Will Ferrell returning though, which is a bummer.

Drifballoon

BLODIA!
Whoa, wasn't expecting something like this to happen. I know AS must of liked the show, they kept showing it and all, but they're really gonna start making new episodes now? Either way, I'm excited :D

JD08

OBLONGS YAY! Adult swim you can bring anything back and that's why I love you. This is the happiest day of my life :crying:. Although they might not be able to get conceded Will Ferrell if he didn't come back for a Family guy cameo he won't come back for this unless Seth Green can work his vast celebrity ties charm.

Harmonie

Foreverrrrr!
Well, Oblongs is something to watch, so I'll probably watch the new episodes when they come. I have to say I'm a bit shocked, though! Not because I thought it was bad or anything, but because I hadn't seen it in forever before this summer.

With this news, this makes it the fourth cancelled series to be revived by AS(the other three being Home Movies, Futurama and Family Guy).

Huh? Futurama does not show on Adult Swim anymore. It's on Comedy Central now, and the deal was made with Comedy Central to air the new episodes mid next year.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Well, Oblongs is something to watch, so I'll probably watch the new episodes when they come. I have to say I'm a bit shocked, though! Not because I thought it was bad or anything, but because I hadn't seen it in forever before this summer.

Huh? Futurama does not show on Adult Swim anymore. It's on Comedy Central now, and the deal was made with Comedy Central to air the new episodes mid next year.

Yes, but it was the reruns on AS that lead to Fox reviving the series with those DTV's.

peterg14

Full of Stuff
Cool, I loved the Oblongs during their original run on WB.

Hoping that they get Will Ferrell back, but I'm not hoping too hard since he's an entirely different beast than the other VAs.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Fifth, actually. You forgot The Big O. :p

Eh... Never really got into the Oblongs, but it is always good to see a property with a fan following get a revival.

Rud

Nine Arts Dragon
This is great news (its a great show), the fact that AS is doing stuff like this gives me hope that one day Mission Hill will get new episodes.

Desensitized

Old School!
Very wary of this.

Oblongs was already a dark enough show and Angus Oblong always wanted it to be even darker. I'm hoping we don't get an APC situation here, but who knows.

Also, I doubt Will Ferrell will come back.

PC!

lolwut?
Yeah, The Oblongs was pretty twisted already, but delightfully so.

This is awesome news. And it's awesome to see the news getting a positive reaction on these forums. Back in the day it seemed the series wasn't particularly liked by most of TZ.

AJ1

I really like The Oblongs, but something inside me is telling me that new episodes are not going to be very funny. I don't get it, I doubt the entire original cast will be around for the new episodes and it just really feels like an odd move by CN/AS to do this...

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Not sure how to feel about this. Oblongs was pretty good, but I feel like that this revival won't end well. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts