Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
6e04db25b62c186cf31e305e9ec5e656.jpg

I thought amphibia was rated tv-y7 but been changed to rated tv-g for some unknown reason. Maybe they shared the same mistake as the other modern Disney cartoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The same thing affected to others.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

zoombie

6e04db25b62c186cf31e305e9ec5e656.jpg

I thought amphibia was rated tv-y7 but been changed to rated tv-g for some unknown reason. Maybe they shared the same mistake as the other modern Disney cartoon.

Well the main character committed murder, so that does make sense.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
What do you make of today's episode, you had Anne murder a bunch of people, interesting choice.

They were cannibals - everything done against them, even to the extreme, was out of self-defense in this setting, unfortunately.

In this setting, it's kill or be killed.

StellaMagic

I saw Bizarre Bazaar,
and there were mysterious cloaked guys, each with a red hourglass symbol, like what you find on black widows. If that is not a sign of villainy, I don't know what is. I'm now more nervous about Hop Pop hiding the Calamity Box. I'm sure he had a good reason. For all we know, that box could unleash something evil if it fell into the wrong hands, and the cloaked salamanders may be the wrongs hands coming.

Because he looked it up in one of his books, and it said that it is dangerous.

As for the other episode, you have to admit that Spring looked pretty cute as a tadpole.
I suggest that the Season 2 finale should conclude with Anne, Sasha, and Marcy going back to Earth by getting the music box back after they say goodbye to Sprig, Polly, and Hop Pop.

StellaMagic

Well I can imagine later seasons, we will have role reversals here and have the planters stuck on Earth. That is one way to stretch this story to 4 seasons.
Now there's an interesting storyline. I just hope Anne doesn't take them to Paris.

jasonnguyen2606

Can you guy help me identify where this show take in which state? It starting to confuse me. Wasn't Saint James School take place in Maryland or South Carolina?

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Wow, have I been bad about keeping up with this series. You take two weeks off and all of a sudden, you're caught binge watching ten episodes. Anyway, I'm finally all caught up just in time for the finale.
Reunion: Solid finale. I like that we got more character development for Sasha. She was a good villain in "Prison Break" and an even better one here. Man, she really was nasty to Anne, though. The writing of this episode was also very good, way better than usual. The pacing was perfect and everything was tied together nicely by the end. Another thing that made this episode strong was that all the characters we've grown to love this season make an appearance here. The best conclusions are ones that feature a lot of different characters, which Amphibia is no stranger to.

Did anyone else think the "Lean on Me" song was oddly out of place and a weird choice for background music during the climax? I started laughing because I thought it was leading up to a funny moment, but nope. Also surprised that the show was able to get the rights to that song. It's not free use, is it?

All in all, the finale was a little anti-climatic because all that was really accomplished was Sasha being knocked down a peg. We never found out more about the music box and Anne is still stuck in the same spot as she was at the beginning of the series. Also, Marcie's whereabouts remain a total mystery.
I've enjoyed the first season a lot but it's nothing that I would tell people is "incredible" or anything. Besides the point, I'm still looking forward to season 2. Whenever that will come. I'm putting my bets on February 2021. How about you all?

jasonnguyen2606

Wow, have I been bad about keeping up with this series. You take two weeks off and all of a sudden, you're caught binge watching ten episodes. Anyway, I'm finally all caught up just in time for the finale.
Reunion: Solid finale. I like that we got more character development for Sasha. She was a good villain in "Prison Break" and an even better one here. Man, she really was nasty to Anne, though. The writing of this episode was also very good, way better than usual. The pacing was perfect and everything was tied together nicely by the end. Another thing that made this episode strong was that all the characters we've grown to love this season make an appearance here. The best conclusions are ones that feature a lot of different characters, which Amphibia is no stranger to.

Did anyone else think the "Lean on Me" song was oddly out of place and a weird choice for background music during the climax? I started laughing because I thought it was leading up to a funny moment, but nope. Also surprised that the show was able to get the rights to that song. It's not free use, is it?

All in all, the finale was a little anti-climatic because all that was really accomplished was Sasha being knocked down a peg. We never found out more about the music box and Anne is still stuck in the same spot as she was at the beginning of the series. Also, Marcie's whereabouts remain a total mystery.
I've enjoyed the first season a lot but it's nothing that I would tell people is "incredible" or anything. Besides the point, I'm still looking forward to season 2. Whenever that will come. I'm putting my bets on February 2021. How about you all?

Probably have to wait till summer 2020.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts