Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Yeah, they should've done that from the very beginning. I mean, Wizards of Waverley Place got a TV-PG rating when the show got more serious with it's stories, so I don't see why not Disney can do the same thing with Amphibia (and hopefully The Owl House).
I only recall a few select Wizards Of Waverly Place episodes having a PG rating, not all the later episodes. Though it is worth noting how Cartoon Network is the only one of the big 3 networks to invest in a lot of PG rated cartoons, something that Nickelodeon or Disney rarely do on television.

On another note, Matt Braly said that there are no edits to the episode. It will air in its original form.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm glad that there's finally a premiere date for the episode. As bad as the last minute change was, the backlash might have been less intense if fans knew how long they had to wait. I thought that it wouldn't premiere until the end of the month at the earliest. The viewer discretion addition is a bit odd. If that was Disney Channel's main concern or the main reason for the last minute schedule change, it seems like they could have fixed that much earlier to avoid this whole mess. Not only just using the TV-PG rating proper, but they could have just included the viewer discretion from the start. They would know the contents of the episode, so they could have added that in with the original promo. That probably would have gotten fans even more hyped for the season finale and they would have been going off the wall with speculations for days on end.

Still, at least we have a premiere date and it's early than I expected. Hopefully the finale will still do well and the production crew can still get some much needed support and love from the fanbase.

JMTV Studios

I only recall a few select Wizards Of Waverly Place episodes having a PG rating, not all the later episodes. Though it is worth noting how Cartoon Network is the only one of the big 3 networks to invest in a lot of PG rated cartoons, something that Nickelodeon or Disney rarely do on television.
Yeah, good point. :)

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Incidentally, it just occurred to me. If Amphibia and The Owl House crossed over, should they establish that Anne, Sasha and Marcy's Earth is the same one Luz lives on or different?

StellaMagic

Incidentally, it just occurred to me. If Amphibia and The Owl House crossed over, should they establish that Anne, Sasha and Marcy's Earth is the same one Luz lives on or different?
One of those planets from Andrias's book did look like the Boiling Isles.

Corwin Haught

"True Colors" dropped on Xfinity and DisneyNOW, which means all discussion of the episode is fair game (albeit behind spoiler tags).

The season 3 intro shows up after the episode's credit sequence, meaning a cliffhanger for those who saw the iTunes leaks has been resolved.

SweetShop209

Seeing Marcy in that tube means she could be revived. Still, seeing her get stabbed by King Andrias is very shocking.

For a non spoiler comment, True Colors was trending at #8 last night.

PM13

Man, on YouTube I just saw a thumbnail for that surprise Matt talked about after the credits.

ShadowBeast

Sheesh, I really have a lot of episodes to comment on here (this show and others)
First thing first, let's get the criticisms out of the way first. 1, Sasha has switched between jerk and friend way too suddenly during the past few episodes. I'm hoping this is put to an end at the beginning of season 3 throughout the the rest of the series. 2, It felt like Sprig beat Grime way too easily. The only defense of this was that Grime was mostly beaten by his hammer, and finally 3, this isn't a big criticism (mostly humorous), but this felt like this should've been an hour long finale. The whole Toad invasion was wrapped up quickly so we can get to the Andrias is evil plot. But in this defense, it was handled much better than Adventure Time's Gum-War (that was hinted at but didn't go anywhere)

Now let's get to the good stuff which was the rest of the finale. The show knows how to hype up the plot even if a lot of us knew that Andrias was gonna be evil, I love how Sasha and Grime were the ones who discovered it and because of their most recent actions, they weren't believed. The fact that Marcy was the one who set up her, Anne, and Sasha's coming to Amphiba was a huge shocker. I can't blame her for her actions as she's suppose to a rational person, but she was driven to irrational logic by fear of losing her friends and being alone. Polly finally has legs. Andrias' actions seems to have driven both Sasha and Grime to Anne's side (which I hope they stay on, as those two are such great characters) It seems like Sasha is finally realizing her wrongdoings, and hopefully she'll make amends with Anne and the Plantars. As for Andrias, like I said earlier, I'm most knew he wasn't a good guy, but man, he sure made the toads look decent. Does anyone which Toad Tower Andrias blew up?
I think the only redeeming things we've seen so far from him is 1. His backstory implied that he had friends and that he truly felt betrayed by them (though why they left him is unknown so far, hopefully this will be answered). and 2. Considering the new theme song for season 3, he might actually value Marcy enough to not want her dead (but then, he could want her alive for evil reasons). But with him fatally stabbing Marcy, I can see why the finale was delayed. I'm surprised Disney didn't have the scene changed.
I like Lady Olivia and General Yuhan's roles in the finale (I especially like how Olivia prevented Yuhan's speech). I get the feeling that the frogs, toads, newts will all rebel against Andrias with Lady Olivia and General Yuhan leading the newts. They really showed no interest in siding with Andrias.
Now despite Andrias showing his true colors, we all know that Entity that he's working with/for will be most likely the true final villain of the series.

Two things I hope for in Amphibia's final season is Sasha and Marcy reconnecting to the gems and going super sayian and that the Amphibia doesn't spend too much time in Anne's world as that would mean less time for the Amphibian characters we all know and love. Ooh, a third is for the series to end in a way for the three girls to have a way to visit Amphibia whenever they want to.

Last edited:

Eurbane

Well wait waited 3 weeks for nothing and we Left behind Sasha and Marcy with the frogs in the city, we might had to find some new girls who discover the calamity box and teleport to amphibia and I think season 3 will air in fall 2022 and it’s a lot worse then a bunch of friends vanished by the thanos snap or when Han Solo got into carbonite

Last edited:

PM13

Well wait waited 3 weeks for nothing and we Left behind Sasha and Marcy with the frogs in the city, we might had to find some new girls who discover the calamity box and teleport to amphibia and I think season 3 will air in fall 2022
Please tell me you mean 2021??

SweetShop209

What TMNT 2012? All those times when Master Splinter nearly died until he did die
Though have you ever seen any show on the big 3 networks kill a kid or teenage character onscreen? The only other show I can think of that did it was Avatar The Last Airbender when Jet died in "Lake Laogai" and Aang died in the season 2 finale (he was revived at the end of the episode but we still him clearly die onscreen).

On another note, the Disney Channel YouTube page uploaded the season 3 intro.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, there is going to be a movie about Karens....
I don't understand this site's obsession with "eras" for cartoon channels. I barely remember yesterday, and my life is a giant blur. How am I supposed to remember the intricacies of various specific television schedules over the years, much less how I felt about them at the time? You guys are totally weird.
Hi all, guess who's back?!
Guys, I have an announcement.

Today, I with my mom are heading to Turkey! Its been 3 years ever since my last vacation, so I'm really glad that my dad saved money for this.

I'm not sure for how it will be, but I'm telling you, it will be sweet :)

We will start with the taxi at 09:30-10:00PM, then bus and the plane. Tomorrow morning we will be in the new hotel!

Hopefully that stupid virus wont be an issue.
Here's what I'm wondering: why is that most, if not all Cartoon Network shows in the 2010's had only 11 minute episodes instead of a half hour or 2 11 minutes episodes like they used to?

Not complaining. Just curious.

Featured Posts