Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

Light Lucario

Staff member
The cast and crew have every right to tell people not to watch it until it's officially on TV. It's Apple and Disney's fault for releasing the episode on the former's store after it was postponed from TV for the time being.
To be fair, I don't think Apple is really at fault here. It was Disney's choice to pull the episode less that twenty four hours before it premiered. If Disney didn't give them the heads up about the episode being rescheduled, which they most likely didn't, then Apple releasing the episode on their platform like how it was originally going to be isn't really their fault. The blame is entirely on Disney for making such a sudden last minute schedule change.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
To be fair, I don't think Apple is really at fault here. It was Disney's choice to pull the episode less that twenty four hours before it premiered. If Disney didn't give them the heads up about the episode being rescheduled, which they most likely didn't, then Apple releasing the episode on their platform like how it was originally going to be isn't really their fault. The blame is entirely on Disney for making such a sudden last minute schedule change.
Well, Apple isn't blameless since they should've done the right thing and not release it until it aired on TV.

BlackoutCreature

Well, Apple isn't blameless since they should've done the right thing and not release it until it aired on TV.
Do you really believe that anybody at Apple is monitoring if a children's cartoon like Amphibia actually aired as scheduled? Do you really believe they're monitoring if any show has aired? That's not their job and I'm willing to bet in whatever written agreement they have with Disney over this, it specifically says that Apple is not responsible for things like this.

Disney sent Apple a list of dates for when these episodes should become available, and never updated Apple after making a last minute schedule change. This is all on Disney.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Given how this was such a last minute schedule change, Apple most likely didn't get any update on when to release the episode. The episode was pulled less than twenty four episodes before it would have premiered and it would have been even less time for it to be available on other digital platforms too.

It isn't Apple's job to double check schedule changes like that, especially sudden last minute changes. It was up to Disney to tell them that the episode release date had changed and that they needed to wait awhile before releasing the episode on their store. Putting the blame on Apple for following the original release date of True Colors is kind of missing the point. If Disney made this schedule change even just a couple of days earlier, then they most likely would have had more time to contact Apple and avoid this leak issue entirely. I assume that they could have done that even with this last minute schedule change if bothered to contact Apple right away instead of after the damage was done. Getting upset at Apple when this was really entirely on Disney just seems so odd to me.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Do you really believe that anybody at Apple is monitoring if a children's cartoon like Amphibia actually aired as scheduled? Do you really believe they're monitoring if any show has aired? That's not their job and I'm willing to bet in whatever written agreement they have with Disney over this, it specifically says that Apple is not responsible for things like this.
Did I ever imply that anyone at Apple is monitoring if a TV show like Amphibia actually aired as scheduled? No, I did not.
Given how this was such a last minute schedule change, Apple most likely didn't get any update on when to release the episode. The episode was pulled less than twenty four episodes before it would have premiered and it would have been even less time for it to be available on other digital platforms too.

It isn't Apple's job to double check schedule changes like that, especially sudden last minute changes. It was up to Disney to tell them that the episode release date had changed and that they needed to wait awhile before releasing the episode on their store. Putting the blame on Apple for following the original release date of True Colors is kind of missing the point. If Disney made this schedule change even just a couple of days earlier, then they most likely would have had more time to contact Apple and avoid this leak issue entirely. I assume that they could have done that even with this last minute schedule change if bothered to contact Apple right away instead of after the damage was done. Getting upset at Apple when this was really entirely on Disney just seems so odd to me.
Well, I still think it's both Disney AND Apple's fault and honestly, it just seems so odd to me that people are saying that Apple are blameless when they too are also at fault since releasing this earlier really ticked off the cast and crew to the point that they advised fans not to watch it until it airs on TV.

Of course, Disney should've contacted Apple on the last minute change but unfortunately they didn't and I bet they are furious at Apple for leaking the episode early.

I'm probably among those who would blame both parties for this, the former for postponing it to a later date and the latter for not doing the honest thing and not release it until it aired on TV but I digress and I'm going to move on from this.

Light Lucario

Staff member
AdrenalineRush1996 said:
Did I ever imply that anyone at Apple is monitoring if a TV show like Amphibia actually aired as scheduled? No, I did not.

If you're saying that they should have done the right then by not releasing the episode, then it does kind of imply you think that they would have been actively aware of the situation.
Well, I still think it's both Disney AND Apple's fault and honestly, it just seems so odd to me that people are saying that Apple are blameless when they too are also at fault since releasing this earlier really ticked off the cast and crew to the point that they advised fans not to watch it until it airs on TV.
Of course the cast and crew don't want fans to watch the leaked episode. I'm not sure if this affects how they're paid, but after all the work they put on the episode and all of the hype around it, they'd want fans to wait until it's released properly. I'm sure that they aren't thrilled with the situation, but I don't think that they'd blame Apple directly when they were following the original release schedule for the episode and Disney seemingly didn't bother to correct them until it was too late.
I'm probably among those who would blame both parties for this, the former for postponing it to a later date and the latter for not doing the honest thing and not release it until it aired on TV but I digress and I'm going to move on from this.
The phrasing of Apple not doing the honest thing is strange to me because I doubt that they actively chose to leaked the episode like you're implying. I don't know how releases work on iTunes, but if whoever uploads releases didn't get the very last minute schedule change for this episode, then they would just follow the original release schedule. It seems kind of pointless, or perhaps misleading, to paint Apple as being dishonest for not waiting until the episode aired on TV when the chances are excellent that they weren't aware of the situation. It isn't really an issue of Apple not doing the honest thing and waiting for the episode to properly air. It's an issue of Disney making a bad last minute decision and seemingly not having proper communication with Apple to avoid a leak in the first place. That's why it ultimately feels misguided to put blame on Apple when this is all on Disney.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
This wouldn't be the only time iTunes accidentally released something before its TV airing. It happened a few times with My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. One notable example is the season 5 episode "Scare Master", which was the 15th produced episode for the season, but aired as the 21st episode that season (to tie in with Halloween). However, iTunes didn't catch wind of this and accidentally put it up on September 21 when it should've been "Rarity Investigates" (which aired as the 15th episode even if it wasn't produced as such). They just put it up since that was what they had scheduled and didn't catch the news of this until later and took it down before releasing it on the correct date. As such, the blame here can be put on Disney since iTunes had no idea that True Colors was delayed until it was too late.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
This wouldn't be the only time iTunes accidentally released something before its TV airing. It happened a few times with My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. One notable example is the season 5 episode "Scare Master", which was the 15th produced episode for the season, but aired as the 21st episode that season (to tie in with Halloween). However, iTunes didn't catch wind of this and accidentally put it up on September 21 when it should've been "Rarity Investigates" (which aired as the 15th episode even if it wasn't produced as such). They just put it up since that was what they had scheduled and didn't catch the news of this until later and took it down before releasing it on the correct date. As such, the blame here can be put on Disney since iTunes had no idea that True Colors was delayed until it was too late.
It's not just iTunes but also Google Play and even Amazon, who have done stuff like this.
To reitrate the last part of my comment you quoted, I don't want to continue this anymore because I don't want this thread to end up being about over who's at fault and who's not at fault on this stuff, hence I'm moving on from this for good.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's not just iTunes but also Google Play and even Amazon, who have done stuff like this.
It would most likely be the same reason with digital platforms not being informed of any schedule changes. Episodes being leaked isn't exactly an issue unique to Amphibia and if channels continue to not keep digital stores informed about schedule changes, it will most likely continue to happen in the future.
To reitrate the last part of my comment you quoted, I don't want to continue this anymore because I don't want this thread to end up being about over who's at fault and who's not at fault on this stuff, hence I'm moving on from this for good.
In my defense, I didn't notice that part of your post until after I finished my comment. It does seem kind of strange to bring back the issue of blaming Apple yourself only to then quickly decide to drop the topic though.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
It would most likely be the same reason with digital platforms not being informed of any schedule changes. Episodes being leaked isn't exactly an issue unique to Amphibia and if channels continue to not keep digital stores informed about schedule changes, it will most likely continue to happen in the future.
I understand.
In my defense, I didn't notice that part of your post until after I finished my comment. It does seem kind of strange to bring back the issue of blaming Apple yourself only to then quickly decide to drop the topic though.
Well, I will admit that I went too far when it came to doing these but fair enough.

Dudley

Staff member
It makes me wonder if Amphibia's second season will drop on Disney+ a month after True Color's original release.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Incidentally would practicing Muay Thai have possibly been a good way for fans to work of any negative feelings of the delay? ;)

Rhaynebow

True Colors is now confirmed to air next Saturday at 8:00pm. There's a viewer discretion warning.

Soooo what they’re saying is that Disney might need to add the TV-PG rating to some of their shows now? Because I feel like this whoooole thing could have been avoided if they did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Soooo what they’re saying is that Disney might need to add the TV-PG rating to some of their shows now? Because I feel like this whoooole thing could have been avoided if they did that.

So then either one of all of the following happens I guess:
1. Two out of three of the girls confess their feelings to each other.

2. Grimes confesses his feelings to Hop Pop.

3. Mayor Toadstool and Toady become an official pair with no nudge, nudge, wink, wink:-D.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
True Colors is now confirmed to air next Saturday at 8:00pm. There's a viewer discretion warning.

FINALLY!!! Thank goodness. :D Now, I'm more hyped than ever.

Yeah, they should've done that from the very beginning. I mean, Wizards of Waverley Place got a TV-PG rating when the show got more serious with it's stories, so I don't see why not Disney can do the same thing with Amphibia (and hopefully The Owl House).

So then either one of all of the following happens I guess:
1. Two out of three of the girls confess their feelings to each other.

2. Grimes confesses his feelings to Hop Pop.

3. Mayor Toadstool and Toady become an official pair with no nudge, nudge, wink, wink:-D.
Who knows. We'll see what happens.;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts