Amphibia News And Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Though Zehra Fazal is also Southeast Asian (she's a Muslim), so she could voice her. Plus, she pinned her tweet about the announcement, indicating a large role. At this point, we'll just have to see.

Screenshot_20200624-093602.png

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Close, she's South Asian (Pakistani). Judging by the way Matt Braly replied to her tweet, I think she voices a character we've never seen in the show before, so basically either of these two:

Amphibia (2).png

Amphibia (3).png

SweetShop209

Okay that actually does make sense. Given how she had the purple devil creature in her tweet, she's most likely voicing the menacing looking one on the top (the one with metal claws).

SweetShop209

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I really hope that this isn't just some cheap Gravity Falls reference (the fact that one of the characters is named "Frog Soos" sounds...really lazy) and that it works well into the story. It could be super fun or it could be super lame. We'll have to wait and see.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

The episode "Wax Museum" , which airs August 8, is the episode where Alex Hirsch guest stars. He's voicing expies of Stan and Soos (The Curator and Frog Soos).

As much as I actually like this show so far, they gotta do better than some cheapo references to something that still happens to be popular. Otherwise, the show doing this ref is at risk of aging badly, honestly. I don't want to see that happen to this show - it is unfortunately setting itself to do that, however.

SweetShop209

I don't really see the show aging poorly. I'm pretty sure this is just meant to be a one off tribute given Matt Braly's work there (or I guess maybe twofold given how Kristen Schaal also has a guest appearance this season). Either way, I don't really think they'll go overboard with something like this.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't really see the show aging poorly. I'm pretty sure this is just meant to be a one off tribute given Matt Braly's work there (or I guess maybe twofold given how Kristen Schaal also has a guest appearance this season). Either way, I don't really think they'll go overboard with something like this.

To be fair, on the plus side (thanks for keeping me honest here, BTW.): if it is just this one episode and the rest of the series works to continue to be more than some couple of references, then yeah, we should be fine. I can actually agree with that much, sir/ma'am.

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
As much as I actually like this show so far, they gotta do better than some cheapo references to something that still happens to be popular. Otherwise, the show doing this ref is at risk of aging badly, honestly. I don't want to see that happen to this show - it is unfortunately setting itself to do that, however.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was the biggest GF megafan back in the day (and still love the show), but sometimes, you should let a dead horse rest. There's not really a good reason for this reference other than Matt Braly worked on Gravity Falls. Plus, I have a feeling The Owl House will do something Gravity Falls-related in the future, and that would really be overkill. I hope I'm proven wrong when the episode airs.

Lkoui

‘’There’s so much excitement to come, promises Braly, who shares that in the coming season fans can look forward to four special episodes that each have single 22-minute stories (unlike most episodes of Amphibia, which have two 11-minute stories each).‘’

RainbowCupcake

Staff member
This season is looking similar to season 2 of Tangled: the Series in that the characters are going to be on the road for the majority of it. Personally, I loved season 2 of T:TS, so I have high hopes for what Amphibia will do with this plot.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts