"Amazons" Animated Series Being Considered

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think it could be interesting, but at the same time...can't we just finally give Wonder Woman her own animated series at this point :sweat:?
Agreed. It could be just a 3 parter like that Aquaman one for HBO Max. Feels like a WW series is going to happen soon. They can't say Wonder Woman isn't a money maker especially if WW '84 does really well. We finally got a DTV. It was a pity there hasn't been a Wonder Woman: The Animated Series but I feel like we're close.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

I'll repeat what I posted in another thread: What might make an Amazons show interesting to me is if it is set during the period when Diana is a young girl being raised among thousands of aunts and big sisters. That does raise the question, though, of what stories could be told at a time when Paradise Island was still hidden from the outside world, and how long before the writers run out of interesting ideas?

I think we're definitely overdue for a Wonder Woman animated series.
As long as no one revives the proposed and abandoned Wonder Woman and the Star Riders.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't really have much to add that hasn't been brought up before - it's weird seeing this possibly happening before a solo Wonder Woman animated series. But I do think it could be kind of cool having an anthology like series, each episode spotlighting a different Amazon or something, with Diana also showing up, hopefully. I agree it's kind of a similar concept to Aquaman: King of Atlantis (granted, not too many details are out for that show yet) and will probably end up only being a mini-series I guess, but if it will really be produced, I think it should help even more to pave the way for a full Wonder Woman animated show.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Point is, not much happens on Themascyra. It's protected from the outside world. It's called "Paradise Island." The only way for them to get into trouble is if they venture outside of it, and only Diana does that. Who are they gonna fight?

Frontier

Staff member
Point is, not much happens on Themascyra. It's protected from the outside world. It's called "Paradise Island." The only way for them to get into trouble is if they venture outside of it, and only Diana does that. Who are they gonna fight?
Maybe they can base it off of the Diana: Princess of the Amazons graphic novel...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Whoever and whatever is imprisoned on the island. Could be mythological beasts in the forests on the island. Or sporadic incursions they "deal" with.

reflection01

If Steve Trevor ended up there, surely something else could.

It could be a Themiscyra that is already open to the outside world.

Or it could be a show about conflicts existing on the island.

It could even be something similar to Asgard or Wakanda. A story similar to Black Panther set in Themiscyra would be promising.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think there's enough material to pull from Greek mythology to have a few episodes centered on Themiscyra. Maybe it would get a bit boring after a while but it could be done. If they don't want to focus on Diana's upbringing (presuming this is in-continuity with the movies), it would be kind of funny if they focused on a potential Wonder Girl's training on the island.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts