• Enter to win two tickets to Howl's Moving Castle. Details here.

Am I the only one who likes the Scooby-Doo shorts from the 80's?

Latest News & Videos

CoolCaper

They were short, they were weird, they had real monsters, but...I like weird. And real monsters. And silly little series that are weird in a fun way.

Mandouga

I'm...not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the segments with Scrappy-Doo that aired on The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show* (which later aired as a half hour show with the "three shorts" format)? In any case, not all of them had real monsters...

*"And Scrappy, too!"

CoolCaper

I'm...not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the segments with Scrappy-Doo that aired on The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show* (which later aired as a half hour show with the "three shorts" format)? In any case, not all of them had real monsters...

*"And Scrappy, too!"
That's the one. A lot of them did, which some people like to zero in on for some reason or another. How did you feel about them?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Every single time this thread starter makes a new thread about this precise subject people always jump in to tell him how he's made the thread all wrong without bothering to answer his original question.

As to the question at hand I was never a huge Scooby Doo fan but I liked the Scrappy episodes better simply because the ones with Fred, Daphne and Velma were all so boring.

Mandouga

(sigh)...

For your information, Fone Bone, I did no such thing! I needed clarification as to what exactly the poster meant before I could give them an answer. Did YOU even bother to read my post?

Or maybe you were just speaking in general? If so, it didn't sound like it.

As to your question, CoolCaper, I like every version of Scooby-Doo*. I will say that the second, third seasons of Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo--and yes, even the fourth season (with Scrappy and Yabba-Doo^)--are definitely a fun experience.

*Although I have no intention of watching Be Cool, Scooby-Doo after what I've heard about it; I'm not quite a fan of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated either...

^ At the end of most stories, he says "Yibbity-Yabbity-DOO!", since the other thing would be, you know, too obvious...

*"And Scrappy, too!"
Actually, it was a half hour show for the first five weeks, before it became "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show".

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Moved this thread to "Saturday Morning Forever", as it's a discussion of the old Scooby Doo of the 80's, not the new shows.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
(sigh)...

For your information, Fone Bone, I did no such thing! I needed clarification as to what exactly the poster meant before I could give them an answer. Did YOU even bother to read my post?

Or maybe you were just speaking in general? If so, it didn't sound like it.
I was speaking in general. Sorry for singling you out. Also thank you for offering your opinion once you got the clarification. That was cool of you.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Why can't Cartoon Network air shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa and Clarence instead of Toddler Tightwads No!?

I like her response as to why she chooses Grover.
If you're a writer and a showrunner of a stale show for almost two decades and you disregard an episode you already wrote back in the 90s because of some controversial documentary, I cannot take you seriously anymore.
Asa
Was it ever confirmed that CN will host their 2019-2020 upfront this year?
I would love to see a Loud House spinoff comic starring the Loud Family as Ace Savvy and The Full House Gang. Heck, might as well give all the other Loud House characters card-themed superhero/supervillain identities.