Allison Of Astra: Season One Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
The newest series and the largest project in Platypus Comix history, with over two years of work and planning involved, launches today!

Imagine getting a new NES game every month. You don't have to imagine -- ALLISON OF ASTRA is here! An entire season of serialized content launches TODAY at platypuscomix.net and allisonofastra.itch.io!

Let me know what you think, if you get stuck somewhere, or if you encounter a bug. And come back next month for more!

itchsquare1.png

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
OBSCURE TRIVIA
This is technically the first Allison game that was created. I made the first four in reverse order, and this month's release was originally meant to be #4 instead of #2. It just happened that the fourth story was the first to have a fully fleshed out plot, and so I put that one into production first while dealing with the writers' blocks in earlier installments. It turned out to be a good plan anyway because I needed to be more experienced to make the earlier ones == #4 was somewhat simple, while #1 required custom ASM code in a lot of areas.

The names of people and places throughout the series are deep-cut references to the NES era. They are not required to be understood to enjoy the story, but a nice bonus for those who get them. "Napaj" was the name of the country NES games supposedly came from in "Captain Nintendo," a cheesy story published in issue 3 of Nintendo Power. Can you guess which NES game the names "Niki" and "Margo" come from?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
It is here! Play as Planchette the psychic runaway in the latest ALLISON OF ASTRA adventure for your NES! Don't miss "Finity Train!"

banner3.jpg

This is one of the better ones, I think. The narrative is engaging and Planchette is fun to play as. It also has one of my favorite music tracks of the whole season (you'll know it when you hear it).

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts