"Alien"/"Prometheus"/"Predator"/"Prey" Sequels News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Like The Revenant? Interesting.... does that mean it's going to be a visceral, raw, "realistic" survival movie? I could actually maybe see that working for Predator, though I'm also a bit confused why we need another movie. The last one did little to convince me that this franchise still has much gas in it, particularly so soon after the last one.

the greenman

Like The Revenant? Interesting.... does that mean it's going to be a visceral, raw, "realistic" survival movie? I could actually maybe see that working for Predator, though I'm also a bit confused why we need another movie. The last one did little to convince me that this franchise still has much gas in it, particularly so soon after the last one.
Just like Disney took Star Wars and basically put it to an unsatisfying end, so they'll probably do to the other FOX franchises. They already killed Diehard 6 (probably not a bad thing), I think Ridley Scott is too protective of Alien to be honest.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I am more open it going to a back to basics approach and an anthology format, a Predator on Earth at various points in the past in different cultural settings, than them continuing from the recent one.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Just like Disney took Star Wars and basically put it to an unsatisfying end, so they'll probably do to the other FOX franchises. They already killed Diehard 6 (probably not a bad thing), I think Ridley Scott is too protective of Alien to be honest.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Killing Die Hard 6 was definitely a good thing. With Alien, Scott is far more of the problem than Disney could be. It’s a reach to say Disney will bring Predator to an unsatisfying ending since Fox wasn’t exactly doing a great job with the be property previously.

powerjake

Banned
Surprised an Alien reboot has not been made at this point, is this ever going to be rebooted sinse Disney now owns the franchise?.

I still enjoy watching the Alien movie's its just that the obnoxious fanbase is really toxic like MLP and Steven Universe fanbases.

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
I take it we’re never getting a Covenant sequel? I understand why it got a mixed reception, but I was kind of curious what it was setting up. Guess we’ll never know now. Shane Black’s The Predator was execrable, one of the worst films I’ve seen in my life. Hoping there’s nowhere to go but up after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I literally just got finished watching this trailer and was coming here to see if there was a thread for it. I didn't even know this was in development, and I have to say, the trailer really won me over! I'm just shocked it's coming only to Hulu.....no theatrical release?!?
Yeah, under the radar. It was in development since 2017 but rumors only started surfacing in November 2020. I guess the Hulu only choice was made during the height of covid and during the greenlight of a general campaign to release new material through Hulu. Not sure if they can reverse that choice, it may be too late at this point. It's a pity, it would have made more in theaters.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Yeah, under the radar. It was in development since 2017 but rumors only started surfacing in November 2020. I guess the Hulu only choice was made during the height of covid and during the greenlight of a general campaign to release new material through Hulu. Not sure if they can reverse that choice, it may be too late at this point. It's a pity, it would have made more in theaters.
Maybe because The predator (2018) bombed or the fact that Disney [sterilized] 20th Century Fox so hard that it is now a Hulu filler machine due to their double standards towards mid budget films, anything original, or r rated

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts