AdrenalineRush1996

One that has come to mind is Aerosmith's Music from Another Dimension! This was supposed to be a return to the band's 70's heyday, complete with them reuniting with their producer from that era, Jack Douglas. But it ended up underwhelming so hard that the band has sworn to never record again.
They actually changed their mind about never recording another album after that back in 2019.

AdrenalineRush1996

While I like both Garbage and No Doubt, I wouldn't be against the idea of Todd covering the former's Bleed Like Me and the latter's Push and Shove for this series in the near future.

Zorak Masaki

If he wants to discuss the fall of pop metal, I've got some suggestions: Slang by Def Leppard, Generation Swine by Motley Crue (actually, the 1994 self-titled would fit better, except that one has become a cult classic), and Dysfunctional by Dokken. All released on major labels with lots of hype, but failed to get any traction whatsoever.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
They actually changed their mind about never recording another album after that back in 2019.
Ah, interesting, I missed this. Although it has been a couple of years, and there hasn't been any news. Additionally, this recent interview with Brad Whitford does make me suspect about more Aerosmith material.

If he wants to discuss the fall of pop metal, I've got some suggestions: Slang by Def Leppard, Generation Swine by Motley Crue (actually, the 1994 self-titled would fit better, except that one has become a cult classic), and Dysfunctional by Dokken. All released on major labels with lots of hype, but failed to get any traction whatsoever.
Slang would fit, but I personally really like it. But it is a weird one, and not everyone's cup of tea. There's no way it would be a big hit for Leppard fans, although I don't know if anything could have been a hit for them in 96.

Generation Swine is one I don't recall being good, and it would probably work. If I recall my Crue history correctly, the story behind it is interesting too- the band fought to keep John Corabi as vocalist, but the label would only let them make the album if they brought Vince Neil back, and no one was happy with the final result. My only hesitation is that the Saints of Los Angeles album and single a decade later were pretty big for the band.

Not sure about Dysfunctional, though. I'm not very familiar with Dokken past the 80's, but looking it up, there's a big gap between this and their previous album, 87's Back for the Attack.

Zorak Masaki

He also needs a "bumps in the road" one (or to go with the train theme, call it "delayed train") for temporary setback albums. That way he could cover albums like Eminem's Encore or Queen's Hot Space, since those artists eventually recovered and got back on track for the most part.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Damn! A lot of exiting Nintendo E3 announcement today.
"Atlantis: The Lost Empire" is 20 years old today.
although i'm disappointed there wasn't an update on Metroid Prime 4. But a sequel to Metroid Fushion is coming.

Maybe it's time for me to get back with Nintendo after 11-12 years
At 18:00 CET, the Euro 2020 match between Hungary and Portugal will begin, and I'll watch it. I designed a special avatar for it in the morning.

I will revert to the "lovely" avatar tomorrow.
Happy 9 year anniversary Gravity Falls.

Featured Posts