Zorak Masaki

Figured out another potential one, Extreme: III sides to every story. Extreme had some success with rock fans, and crossed over succesfully with More Than Words and Hole Hearted, but the follow-up was an overambitious semi-concept album that may have been too much for some rock fans and had none of the crossover appeal of MTW and HH. Granted, the album was also released when grunge was taking over, but that was hardly the main reason the album didnt do that well.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
These were all good videos, and I'm glad Todd is taking his time getting to more expected targets, ie Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods, Genesis' Calling All Stations, Limp Bizkit's Results May Vary. That Nickelback video in particular cracked me up- "Nickelblack Lives Matter" had me on the floor.

Fun fact- I recommended that particular Wile E. Coyote clip on the Ringo video. Todd asked for a Looney Tunes clip featuring a character counting to three while under water, and that came to mind, having recently watched the short.

Shiloh Otter

Marion Hawthorne liker
He covered Faith Hill's Cry recently.
This one makes zero sense to me because while it's not the most memorable thing in her discography, I have to point out, for accuracy's sake, she kinda left country two albums before this one. So putting "Faith betrays country" on the thumbnail of the video looks quite ridiculous.

(She did make a brief country comeback a few years after this album released, before she decided to go on hiatus to raise her kids). Her only release since then was a duet album with Tim McGraw, though they did a few joint tours that were huge successes.

Me neither. I always thought the Spin Doctors were a one-hit wonder with "Two Princes".
I'm quoting a very old post here but I'm only just now reading this thread.

And nope. Their first album was massive and had three major hits on it. Ever heard "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"? It was even bigger than "Two Princes" was and is most likely of the two to be heard on radio these days. "Jimmy Olsen's Blues" was also a hit but not to that extent.

As far as their 2nd album goes, while it doesn't have the power of Pocket Full of Kryptonite, it's not that bad to me, and I find "Cleopatra's Cat" to be underrated.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts