Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
What did you most want out of Katsuhiro Otomo? A remaster of the original Akira? You got it. A completely original film that has nothing to do with Akira? He’s doing it. An Akira sequel? ….Maybe; it’s unclear. Today the man announced all his forthcoming projects, and there’s something for everyone.
First off, Otomo’s 1988 landmark feature is getting a spotless 4K remaster, and it will be released in all territories next year.

Second, the original movie is called Orbital Era; it’s a brand-new anime movie and it’s set in the future — an alternate future, if the Soviet markings on this boy’s helmet are any indication.
The plot takes place in the near-future on a space colony under construction. It is an action-adventure story following the lives of some young boys surviving in this peculiar environment and society as they are tossed around by...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: