Adventure Time - News & Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Dec 27, 2007
Bronx, New York
ukracattack.blogspot.com
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/weak-television-sector.html

TAG Blog said:
1) The Time-Warner animation companies (Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation) have cratered in terms of employment, and they now have way fewer projects going than in earlier years. (There are bright spots. Fred Seibert informs us that "We're just about to start Adventure Time at Cartoon Network, started Fanboy & Chum Chum at Nick" ...)
If any of you guys remember, Adventure Time was/is an animated short that is supposed to air as part of Random Cartoons! this Winter. It was created by Pen Ward, whose working as a writer for Flapjack. But apparently, the short and the series idea is heading for Cartoon Network. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Adventure Time is going to be an actual show? Freaking awesome! Though I'm very surprised its on Cartoon Network instead of Nick. Now if only they made that Hellboy animated show a reality...

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,741 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
RHOMBUS!

But seriously this is odd, because it's originally part of Nick's Random Cartoons. I guess they got sick and tired of waiting for it to air. I can't wait to see Fanboy! This show is going to have great animation for a CGI cartoon.

Remember when Mina and the Count was made for What a Cartoons, and then went to Oh Yeah! Cartoons?

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Dec 27, 2007
Bronx, New York
ukracattack.blogspot.com
But seriously this is odd, because it's originally part of Nick's Random Cartoons. I guess they got sick and tired of waiting for it to air.
Yeah, I guess go. Last time I heard, it was supposed to air in December, but I read that news months ago. Could have changed by now. I just have to wonder how Cartoon Network was able to snag the cartoon for itself. Cartoon Network does seem like a good channel for the cartoon. Can't wait to see it.

Bubblegum Girl

Magic User Wannabe
Jul 10, 2003
Virginia
toxic-teen.deviantart.com
reganomics!

seriously I never heard of this show

Adventure Time is one of the shorts from the upcoming Nick series Random! Cartoons. For some strange reason Nick pushed the series back from the Summer 2008 to the Winter 2008 though I'm not sure when it'll ever be on.

So far Adventure Time is the only Random Cartoon that actually "aired" and it became really popular.

I'm surprised that Adventure Time is going to appearing on Cartoon Network than on Nick.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
Ratings
2,741 29
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
Adventure Time is one of the shorts from the upcoming Nick series Random! Cartoons. For some strange reason Nick pushed the series back from the Summer 2008 to the Winter 2008 though I'm not sure when it'll ever be on.

So far Adventure Time is the only Random Cartoon that actually "aired" and it became really popular.

I'm surprised that Adventure Time is going to appearing on Cartoon Network than on Nick.
Actually the show was supposed to air in January.
Of last year.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Dec 27, 2007
Bronx, New York
ukracattack.blogspot.com
Actually the show was supposed to air in January.
Of last year.
Yeah, and it was (and still is) pretty annoying. Some of the shorts creators even commented on how frustrated they are at the fact of the show being delayed by well over a year (now verging on two). And Bubblegum Girl, I don't think you can link to that video since Viacom/Frederator/Nick didn't put it up.

Bubblegum Girl

Magic User Wannabe
Jul 10, 2003
Virginia
toxic-teen.deviantart.com
Yeah, and it was (and still is) pretty annoying. Some of the shorts creators even commented on how frustrated they are at the fact of the show being delayed by well over a year (now verging on two).
That is frustrating. I mean Nick air the last episodes of ChalkZone at 6am after a few years but they didn't bother to air Random! Cartoons?

And Bubblegum Girl, I don't think you can link to that video since Viacom/Frederator/Nick didn't put it up.
Oh...I'll remove it. Sorry....:sweat:

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Dec 27, 2007
Bronx, New York
ukracattack.blogspot.com
That is frustrating. I mean Nick air the last episodes of ChalkZone at 6am after a few years but they didn't bother to air Random! Cartoons?
That's right! Nickelodeon has a few screws loose, don't they? XD I wouldn't be surprised if they end up not airing it at all.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Dec 27, 2007
Bronx, New York
ukracattack.blogspot.com
That would be wasted money on their part.

At least Chalkzone and El Tigre aired, then got cancelled. Random Cartoons isn't even getting a chance.
Not really. They could make some money from selling them (the shorts) to other networks in they aren't going to use them.

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY
Happy 35th anniversary to A Christmas Story, happy 20th anniversary to PPG, and happy 90th birthday to Mickey Mouse!