Adult Swim on TNT Lineup

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
On Sunday the 9th right after the NBA all star game, TNT is presenting the "Cartoon Network Adult Swim All Star Extravaganza" as a one time special. And here's the lineup.....

11:00 PM - Futurama (episode unknown)
11:30 PM - Harvey Birdman - #34-6106: "The Dabba Don"
11:45 PM - Aqua Teen Hunger Force - #2208: "Dumber Dolls"
12 AM - Sealab 2021 - #2210: "Tinfins"
12:15 AM - The Brak Show - #2209: "Brak Street"

No offense to CN, but I might tune into this lineup instead of their's.

[list edited at 9:01 PM ET]

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
..ooookay.. what's the deal, FOX? You only let CN air stuff for special occasions or something?

stanteau

I just don't get it,why are they airing it the same night and time as the real AS?Why not broadcast the same feed at least so we don't have to choose.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
You're not supposed to choose. This marathon is to invite new people to watch AS, not for veteran AS viewers to sit through.

But I probably will watch "Where No Fan" instead of "Raging Bender". I wasn't a fan of Raging Bender when it first aired.. just wasn't that great to me.

stanteau

I don't care about the WS repeats but to air 2 brand new episodes of Futurama,the new trademark show,in the same timeslot isn't very conventional

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
Don't expect anything conventional from Brad Siegel, the same man that cancelled Rejected.

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
I wonder if CN is just storing up the #4 episodes for later rather than showing them all at once. Though that doesn't explain the two #3 ones.

I will definitely watch TNT for Futurama. It has the Star Trek crew, and it won't be on CN anytime soon. After that I might just flip back and forth.

stanteau

I'd think they woulda tossed in Asteroid Blues to give a taste of AS Action

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
i think it's a good schedule. easiest shows to "get" first, hardest to get last. and the episode choices are all great as well.

stanteau

eh,ya gotta wonder how many people will get Tin Fins,that's really just 1 big inside joke

stanteau

I think the one about Debbie wanting a baby would be the best choice,I would say Bizarro but again,lots of stuff noone would get

The Landstander

Thanks ants. Thants.
Originally posted by stanteau
eh,ya gotta wonder how many people will get Tin Fins,that's really just 1 big inside joke

i dont really think it was an inside joke...it was more of a parody of several things (movie trailers, entertainment tonight)

if anything was an inside joke, it was "7211"

i miss katy

dangly parts
Good choices, pretty close to what I figured. "Dabba Don" is a no-brainer, it's probably the single AS episode that's gotten the most critical mention. But why, please God why, are the Mooninites not in the lineup!?! The first Mooninites episode is the finest fifteen minutes AS has ever produced. It's the first thing I show when I introduce friends to AS. But I suppose they want to show current-season episodes, rather than the older ones that have aired like a dozen times.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
I'd think they woulda tossed in Asteroid Blues to give a taste of AS Action

I don't think Brad Siegel likes AS Action. I bet he sees it as a necessary evil due to the ratings, but if it wasn't rated so well, he'd have it removed.

(Brad Siegel is VP of Entertainment at Turner. He came from the NWO. Enough said.)

Joe Tully

I want the toilet seat.
New World Order.

The Wrestling guys, not the Nazis.

I never really got why you would name yourselves after the most hated people of the 20th century, myself. But I'm not much of a wrestling fan, so maybe I'm missing something.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts