Adult Swim Jr

Latest News

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Jul 29, 2017
Ratings
359 10
I have a better hypothesis on this [adult swim] Jr. rumor. For their 2018 April Fool's joke, [adult swim] would replace what they would have scheduled on that day at midnight with a surprise sneak peek of the block! At the end, the real date for [as] Jr.'s debut will be revealed.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
The whole name of this supposed block still throws me off. Adult Swim Jr. just does not roll off the tongue. If it is real, then they'll probably go with a different name. I can kind of see the appeal behind a block like this in that it could help Cartoon Network lead into Adult Swim. I'm not sure if they really need to do that at this point, but doing that was a bit easier when Cartoon Network still had the 8AM hour and had a better schedule too.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
I can kind of see the appeal behind a block like this in that it could help Cartoon Network lead into Adult Swim. I'm not sure if they really need to do that at this point, but doing that was a bit easier when Cartoon Network still had the 8AM hour and had a better schedule too.
They were interested in that strategy not too long ago, and it's partly the reason why CN Originals from 2010 through 2014 were all TV-PG. Regular Show was originally meant to purposely attract an adult audience and lead into AS. So was MAD, but that was less successful.

The whole name of this supposed block still throws me off. Adult Swim Jr. just does not roll off the tongue. If it is real, then they'll probably go with a different name. I can kind of see the appeal behind a block like this in that it could help Cartoon Network lead into Adult Swim. I'm not sure if they really need to do that at this point, but doing that was a bit easier when Cartoon Network still had the 8AM hour and had a better schedule too.
I think the name is a small lowkey jab at Nick Jr. lol.

Seriously, I thought this could all be a joke, especially when all this comes to fruition in Spring & April Fools is part of Spring. When I started looking at videos discussing this potential block/channel/streaming service whatever, this could possibly be real.

Imo, if [as] Jr. is a new network, it should replace Boomerang, or just a counterpart block on Boomerang. Boomerang is just a channel on G4TV-like life support at this moment. Might as well make Boomerang a streaming service at this point.

If it's just a block, then I'm OK with that as well. Alot of people thought The Splat was going to be a separate channel when it was just going to replace 90AAT on Teennick, so I wouldn't jump the gun on [as] Jr. just yet until we get more clarification.

TBS has aquired a lot of animated shows for the network, so it's make sense to premiere them on an animated block once a week. [as] Jr. could be that answer. [adult swim] in general has become quite successful these past years with the return of Toonami, The success of Rick & Morty, Samurai Jack, and the move to 8pm. I'm not shocked that they might take a risk to expand their horizons. I know Toonami didn't have much success airing on two networks before, but I think [as] Jr. could do well on TBS while [as] continues to airs on CN. They can get away with a lot more on TBS.

As far on what could air. They can mix a lot of old & new stuff here and there. With the whole Galatic KND rumor back, like I said before. I wouldn't get my hopes up until we get more info on [as] Jr. as the time passes.

I don't think [as] would joke about this. It would be kinda cruel if all this hype was all for nothing. I'm guessing we have to wait until April 1st, since that's [as] big day every year, then again they might not even bring [as] Jr. up on that day, that might be the joke.

They have people talking, so it would be stupid not to make most of this Adult Swim Jr. hype.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017
Ratings
4 1
So although I haven't seen it myself, a friend I trust not to lie about stuff like this said he saw a Twitter question bump tonight where someone asked "WHERE IS ADULT SWIM JR??" and they responded "Patience." Take that as you will.