Adult Swim International News Thread

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
I'm surprised they're getting Final Space. Did Netflix not pick up season 1 in France?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Adult Swim returns to France as a block on the Toonami channel:

Shows at launch will include Rick and Morty, Final Space and Robot Chicken. Primal will premiere later this year. There's also going to be a SVOD service that'll feature Mr. Pickles, The Venture Bros. and Black Jesus.
The last time there was an [as] block in France was in 2015 on L'Énorme TV.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Adult Swim returns to France as a block on the Toonami channel:

Shows at launch will include Rick and Morty, Final Space and Robot Chicken. Primal will premiere later this year. There's also going to be a SVOD service that'll feature Mr. Pickles, The Venture Bros. and Black Jesus.
2utdDYI.jpg

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
And so it began. Adult Swim on Toonami, technically a kids channel there (DBS is censored) is shown between 23:00 and 02:00. Here's a selection of bumpers.

And I thought they were now violating EU laws with this!

RegularCapital

Staff member
And so it began. Adult Swim on Toonami, technically a kids channel there (DBS is censored) is shown between 23:00 and 02:00. Here's a selection of bumpers.

And I thought they were now violating EU laws with this!

More like UK laws to be honest, but Adult Swim France (or "Adult Swim French Language" as it's known as) does in fact have a separate licence so it's actually a seperate channel, I think you're getting mixed up between censorship and programme quotas. Ofcom doesn't regulate EPG's outside of its jurisdiction, it's up to the local broadcasting authority, in this case the French CSA, to decide that an "Adult Channel" should be in the Children's section of the EPG, that's if they have the legislation and powers to do so. Also remember, Ofcom is a post-broadcast regulator, which means they can only make a decision after it has been broadcasted.

Takao

DC Universe animated series - Harley Quinn to premiere on E4 in the UK, although the source doesn't say, premiering it during the Adult Swim block would make a lot of sense: Batwoman Soars onto E4! | Channel 4

Also according to the same press release, DC's Batwoman will premiere on E4.

Has any foreign country gotten Young Justice Outsiders yet? Last time I checked, Teletoon seemed to be the only one.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Today at their press event, WarnerMedia France announces the first European Adult Swim co-production - Dickie, which will be an absurd comedy regarding political correctness.

wjbraden

Today at their press event, WarnerMedia France announces the first European Adult Swim co-production - Dickie, which will be an absurd comedy regarding political correctness.

Hmm, looks like Close Enough will be airing on their version of [AS] too. I know that this is likely because HBO Max is a US-only thing right now, but I wonder if this means that the show (and perhaps other HBO Max content) will get a secondary linear TV run on [AS] here in the states?

Takao

The Canadian channel is starting to show signs of weakness. Corus isn't matching the U.S. premiere schedule for originals anymore. Tender Touches Season 3 is MIA as was last night's Decker special. Robot Chicken season 10 is still running at the same time, though.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Canadian channel is starting to show signs of weakness. Corus isn't matching the U.S. premiere schedule for originals anymore. Tender Touches Season 3 is MIA as was last night's Decker special. Robot Chicken season 10 is still running at the same time, though.
Corus: if it's broken, don't fix it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts