Adult Swim International News Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Maybe it will resume on another channel, if Canada's regulations regarding [as]-esque content on kids channel will tighten.

Mc123

Maybe it will resume on another channel, if Canada's regulations regarding [as]-esque content on kids channel will tighten.
Seem unlikely that it will tighten.

As far as I know, if Corus discontinue the Adult Swin block. Then it might just be a hint that the new Adult Swim Canada won't be held by them anymore. It wil probably be Bell, Rogers or a suprise third option.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This might mean that AS is headed for another Corus network. Adult show laws on Canadian kids channels have not been relinquished yet.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
This might mean that AS is headed for another Corus network. Adult show laws on Canadian kids channels have not been relinquished yet.

You're likelier to see fewer regulations on content than that happen.

Mohji

The Adult Swim Canada website has been removed. In its place is this cryptic note.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Okay, so Adult Swim will be back on April 1st, but will it stay or is it just for one day?

Ragin' Ronic

Actually, [as] Canada is about to become it's OWN network...

O.O

Dynamite Soldier

Actually, [as] Canada is about to become it's OWN network...

O.O
I feel this topic is worthy enough to become its own thread.

But wow, this is surprising news. I wonder if they'll finally bring the newer AS shows and Toonami there.

EDIT: Already made the thread!

Last edited:

BlooMac

Adult Swim returns to France as a block on the Toonami channel:

Shows at launch will include Rick and Morty, Final Space and Robot Chicken. Primal will premiere later this year. There's also going to be a SVOD service that'll feature Mr. Pickles, The Venture Bros. and Black Jesus.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts