Actors Who Have Never Voice Acted

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Ratings
422 2
Thought this would be an interesting idea for a thread. Are there any prominent actors you can think of that have never done voice over work?

The most obvious example I can think of is Jack Nicholson. And since he's retired, it's unlikely he will ever do it.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,295 36
Austin, Texas
The thought of this would be strange, knowing how many actors voice. Though chances are that most actors before animation became big likely didn't voice.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
May 13, 2003
Ratings
422 2
Thought of another one: Tom Cruise. While he's done a couple narration jobs, I don't believe he's ever voice acted as a character. Almost seems hard to believe.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018
Ratings
New Hampshire, U.S.
Sorry if this is considered necroposting, but I did want to add some things.

Actually, Jack Nicholson has at least one sort-of voiceover credential- narrating a few children's books with animated adaptations via Rabbit Ears Productions. FWIW, he was also offered the role of Garfield in the first live action movie (it was between him and Bill Murray).

Some sources claim Tom Cruise guest starred in The Magic School Bus (original version). Can anyone confirm or debunk?

As for people who were never cartoon voice actors, even once, how about Bert Convy, Jack Klugman, Brett Somers, Gary Burghoff (although he was in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown (Off-Broadway)), John Lennon (the only Beatle not on The Simpsons), Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0
My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!