"Action Comics (2016 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

"Action Comics" - Discuss this DC Comics title!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Action Comics reverts to its original numbering as it enters a new era!

ACTION COMICS #957

0317DC152.jpg

NOW SHIPPING TWICE MONTHLY!
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by PATRICK ZIRCHER

“PATH TO DOOM” Chapter One! Superman returns to Metropolis just in time to meet the city of tomorrow’s newest protector: Lex Luthor. But it’s not long before these dueling titans meet someone unexpected — the new Clark Kent!

Discuss Action Comics right here at Toonzone!

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
My number one question is, why doesn't Superman explain why he doesn't wear his REAL suit. Which we all know he still has. That should have been one of the first things explained in the Rebirth one shot, here, or hopefully in Superman #1.

Spider-Man

Wow, that cliffhanger for the first part of The Oz Effect was great. Is it the real Jor-El? Who knows but I am on board. The Superman comics have been excellent since Rebirth with maybe a handful of weak issues but even those still managed to be good reads. This was a great read and I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I bet it'll all lead into Action Comics #1000. The Superman comics haven't been this great in years and I hope they can keep this pace going. I reallyenjoyed Superman Reborn but it looks like this arc might top it.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I'm thinking Jor-El is a fake. Even if he is "real", it's the New 52/Rebirth Jor-El and not the post crisis/"old 52" Jor-El Superman knows. I think the resolution of the story is going to end up with Jor-El realizing he's NOT supposed to be alive, and only is because of meddling from an outside power, he sacrifices his life.

Spider-Man

I'm really surprised they're doing this, but it's very cool news! I'm looking forward to this comic and the companion hardcover. DC has been making some good calls lately and this is another.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Action Comics hits an historic milestone!

ACTION COMICS #1000

Celebrate 1000 issues of Action Comics with an all-star lineup of top talent as they pay tribute to the comic that started it all! From today’s explosive action to a previously unpublished tale illustrated by the legendary Curt Swan to the Man of Tomorrow’s future - this very special, oversized issue presents the best of the best in Superman stories!

Featuring all-new art and stories by:
  • Brian Michael Bendis
  • John Cassaday
  • Olivier Coipel
  • Paul Dini
  • Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez
  • Patrick Gleason
  • Butch Guice
  • Geoff Johns
  • Dan Jurgens
  • Tom King
  • Jim Lee
  • Clay Mann
  • Brad Meltzer
  • Jerry Ordway
  • Tim Sale
  • Louise Simonson
  • Scott Snyder
  • Curt Swan
  • Peter J. Tomasi
  • Marv Wolfman
...and more!

Discuss Action Comics #1000 right here! Did it live up to expectations? What were your favorite stories and moments? Share all your thoughts on this epic issue right here!

Spider-Man

I loved nearly every bit of this comic. The stories were fantastic even though some were clearly better than others. The artwork was fantastic too. The opening story even made me a little misty-eyed. And Scott Snyder's story also did that. I did like the tease for Bendis' upcoming run but I wish they did a self-contained short story instead of the teaser. I think DC Comics did a great job in showing love of the character and his legacy. It celebrated everything that makes Superman so great. I even got that 40 years of Action Comics hardcover and its a nice compliment to this issue. DC has been doing right by Superman for the last few years and I'm glad to see that is continuing. It seems like they are embracing who he is instead of trying to make him something else.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The new era of Action Comics has arrived!

ACTION COMIC #1001

0119DC162.jpg

Writer:
Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Patrick Gleason

Story:
Acclaimed writer Brian Michael Bendis’ new chapter for the Man of Steel and the world of tomorrow begins here! The devastating repercussions from the Man of Steel miniseries still reverberate as Metropolis enters a new age! The Daily Planet teeters on the brink of disaster! A new criminal element has made its way onto the streets of Superman’s hometown! The longest- running superhero comic of all time explodes off the page with art by fan favorite Patrick Gleason.

What are your thoughts on this series?

Spider-Man

Bendis has my interest as the book seems really good so far. I like the smaller scope of the story and I'm really interested to see whats going on with Lois Lane since she returned without telling Superman. I have a feeling this book will have a dramatic down to earth vibe like the Ultimate Spider-Man comic. The art is great too. Looks like the start of a really good run.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
ACTION COMICS REBORN! Action Comics #1051 begins a new format for DC's most action-packed title, offering not one, not two, but three epic adventures of Superman and the entire Super-Family!

ACTION COMICS #1051

1122DC080.jpg

Art by: Rafa Sandoval, Lee Weeks, Marguerite Sauvage
Written by: Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Dan Jurgens, Leah Williams

Following the bombshell events of Action Comics #1050, the world's relationship with Superman is forever changed, the upper limits of his supercharged powers have yet to be reached, and the House of El's transformation of Metropolis, led by Steel, has begun. But Lex Luthor has found the perfect instrument with which to undo everything Superman is working to achieve: Metallo, whose hatred of Superman is matched only by his hatred for Luthor himself.

Then, in Lois and Clark 2: Doom Rising, Dan Jurgens and Lee Weeks return to tell the tale of young Jon Kent on the farm with his parents, learning about his abilities, coming of age...and battling the Doombreaker?! And finally, Power Girl returns in part one of a three-part story spinning out of Lazarus Planet! This issue marks the first appearance of new characters, new costumes, and a new era of Action Comics! It all starts here!

Rate and discuss this DC Comics title!

Related Discussion:

-Superman (2023) Series Talkback (Spoilers)
-Jon Kent: Adventures of Superman (2023 Mini-Series) Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

A promising start to the new Action Comics format. I was always a big fan of the old weekly format back in the late 80s/early 90s. It would be cool if they could handle a weekly schedule again but that's unlikely. Glad that Johnson is sticking around since his Warworld arc was one of the best Superman stories in recent years.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts