About Electric Soldier Porygon

VeiledHat

Hi, um, I'm Moxy, and, uh, uh, that's Flea!
When I was a kid, Electric Soldier Porygon was my favorite episode due to the Chanseys running around in the scene where Nurse Joy is getting calls from the Pokémon Center.
Now, as a teenager who loves Toonami, I absolutely hate the fact that they didn't use a virus as the main villain for the episode and only alluded to one by having Nurse Joy and the technician think Team Rocket and Ash and friends are a virus. Swayzak (villain from Toonami's "Trapped in Hyperspace" event) made me a fan of computer virus villains.

So, I decided to brainstorm what it would have been like if there were a virus in the episode. This was 5 years before Trapped in Hyperspace, so the virus wouldn't be like Swayzak. Instead, I'll assume the Pokémon crew had seen ReBoot, and thus the virus would be a lot like Megabyte.

BUT. In the beginning of the episode, Ash imagines what a computer virus is like, and it shows a Baikinman (Anpanman) like character. In the computer world, the anti-virus is represented by a vaccine. So, it must be logical that viruses are represented by literal viruses. But it says humans and viruses are the same thing to the anti-virus, so either it must be like the white blood cells in most Fantastic Voyage plots (Teen Titans episode "Crash" anyone?!) or viruses look more like humans (Swayzak looked sort of like a human.)

Is there anyone else who cares enough to tell me what your take on this hypothetical virus would be like?

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

About Butch Hartman's debacle s an artist recently, the dude is so much better than this. At least it's not something like being accused of something like Sexual harassment but, yeah disappointing to say the least.
I'll have to wait for the home release of the Tom and Jerry movie to watch it, but from what I've seen I like the Kayla character's relationship with Tom. It was nice to see a character befriend him before Jerry for once.
Here's a video from both The Watch Tower Database and Kuro The Artist about Dwayne McDuffie.

We are in the Endgame now...

Featured Posts