A Wild Hare (1940) - Your Thoughts?

Latest News & Videos

Cartoons90

Mar 23, 2005
Indiana
What do you guys think of Bugs' official debut as Bugs (not counting his conflict with Porky [Porky's Hare Hunt - 1938])? I think it's a brilliant episode and one of my favorite cartoons of all time. I love the great quote -

"Now, don't go spreadin this around, but...confidentially...

...I AM A WABBIT!!!"

Fibber Fox

Jan 2, 2009
It unfolds rather nicely and we get several clever bits that go on to be used in variations over and over again.

I think the slower pace makes the characters a little more believable in this case. I'm sure you could quicken the pace and add twice as many gags and you'd still have a good cartoon, but it works well as it is.

F. Fox

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List
Happy Birthday to the great Akira Toriyama!
Today, variety in my country's Cartoon Network's schedule has died.
I'm Planning to make a New Qubo schedule With Several New and Returning Shows (With one of them being Jacob Two-Two), No Paid Programming and the Return of the 4 hour Marathons.
Today marks the 10th Year Anniversary of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated and the 7th Year Anniversary of its series finale. It ended up becoming my favorite adaptation of the Scooby-Doo Franchise and found out about Lewis Black by name (I had heard his voice in some earlier shows).