A new Digimon Series!!!

Latest News & Videos

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World

There is a chance when this gets dubbed Matt might need be recasted again with whats happening with Vic Mignogna at the moment
I keep forgetting that he was in the Digimon Adventure Tri dub. I never got around to watching those movies dub since I was used to watching the sub on Crunchyroll. I might try to watch the dub one of these days just because I'm glad that they could bring Tai's original dub voice actor to reprise his role. Vic will most likely be replaced. I don't know how long it will take for this movie to be dubbed and I'm not sure if he's still doing work for the studio that dubbed Adventure Tri, but I don't think studios will want to associate with him anymore after the recent accusations and two major studios cut ties with him. I'm fine with that for a number of reasons. I just hope that they can keep Tai's original voice actor for the new movie.

I was expecting the movie to come out this year, but since we've had such little news about it for so long, I guess that I should have expected it to come out next year instead. Hopefully having more time will help to make the finish product better. I never did comment on the Adventure Tri finale and I should do that at some point, but despite the issues I had with the series, it was still enjoyable and I hope that this movie will be engaging to watch too.

Aug 13, 2015
Aug 13, 2015
I see Tai and another digidestined has different their wear clothers on this picture.

I wandering if Davis and another digidestined show up in Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna.

I not sure about Meiko will show up or not in Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna and I not sure about Maki if she still alive or died.

Also I not sure if there another digidestined from past before 1995 or 1999 or 2002 or something before.

One more thing I wandering who is new enemy of Digimon or someone in Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2015
Is that Tai's original digivice can upgrad into new digivice something?

Just like T.K., Kari and Ken's original digivice have been upgraded into D3 from Digimon Adventure 02.

Also I not sure about Matt and another if their original digivice and D3 will be upgrad into new digivice something.

Aug 13, 2015
I see this picture that Tai live own house or flat or something so I don't know if he live wth Kari and his parents.

This picture that I not sure is that Odaiba area at Japan so I not sure if that Tai has moved it.

I not sure if Matt and another has own flat or house and moved different place.

And I don't know about Mimi if she still stay in Japan at Odaiba or moved different place or return to America at New York.

I think that Tai have still study in college or get job.

Also I don't know about Matt and another are still study in college or get job.

Last edited:

Lawren22

Nov 12, 2018
Kenner,LA
His new digivice reminds of the ones the main characters from Savers had. I wasn't a fan of Tri but this movie looks interesting thought according to the end of 02 the kids keep thier digimon long after adulthood I wonder if this movie will retcon that?

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
His new digivice reminds of the ones the main characters from Savers had. I wasn't a fan of Tri but this movie looks interesting thought according to the end of 02 the kids keep thier digimon long after adulthood I wonder if this movie will retcon that?
I'd be pretty surprised if they did that. The ending of Tri pretty much established why Taichi and Yamato both ended up with their careers at the end of Adventure 02. Taichi's career does have much more weight to it after seeing Tri, especially the last part, but Yamato going into space is still really too strange to give proper buildup.

I liked Tri, although I feel like I need to rewatch it to really get a good overall impression of the series. The trailer for the movie looks pretty cool and hopefully they'll be able to put it on Crunchyroll like they did with Tri as well.

Reactions: Lawren22

Lawren22

Nov 12, 2018
Kenner,LA
Interesting ,I never finished Tri and stopped have way through but I'll probably give it another chance before the movie comes out and actually try to finish it this time.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Interesting ,I never finished Tri and stopped have way through but I'll probably give it another chance before the movie comes out and actually try to finish it this time.
I would definitely recommend giving it another shot. I think part of the problem with Tri was just its release schedule. The gaps of time between the various Parts were understandable from a technical perspective, but I think it also made the storyline a bit harder to follow as the series progressed. One of my initial reactions to the ending was that I felt like I need to rewatch the whole series to really get a proper feel for it.

It wouldn't be my favorite Digimon series. That honor still goes to Tamers, but Tri was an all around good and surprising return to the Adventure universe with some really good emotionally effective moments. Not all of the characters get a proper chance to stand out and how they handled the Adventure 02 kids was pretty disappointing, but most of the main cast got some really good moments too, especially Taichi.

Reactions: Lawren22

Lawren22

Nov 12, 2018
Kenner,LA
Tamers is definitely my favorite Digimon series as well,I even have it in top 10 anime because it was the very anime I really loved and the first show in general that made me cry when I watched it as a young kid. I rewatched a couple years ago and it still holds up I'm definitely going to give Tri anothe shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Light Lucario

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
Tamers is definitely my favorite Digimon series as well,I even have it in top 10 anime because it was the very anime I really loved and the first show in general that made me cry when I watched it as a young kid. I rewatched a couple years ago and it still holds up I'm definitely going to give Tri anothe shot.
I haven't watched Tamers for awhile, but I watched the subbed version back when it was on Hulu and it definitely holds up quite nicely.

M622

Sep 28, 2011
Merrick ny
I haven't watched Tamers for awhile, but I watched the subbed version back when it was on Hulu and it definitely holds up quite nicely.
yes, it has. I really want a tamers sequel/Contiuation of the 2018 audio drama eventually after this film. (i do think chiaki j konaka want to also, if he has the chance) i hope it goes down in a more adult, zero escape/SCIADV/Infinity series direction. (one of the plot points from it eerily resembles one thing done from Zero escape 3 in particular.)