A creator-driven Looney Tunes revival in the works...

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiley207

Jan 20, 2009
Ratings
USA
Big news for Looney Tunes fans...
https://deadline.com/2018/06/looney-tunes-short-form-revival-warner-bros-animation-1202407762/

Very nice promotional picture. And according to Jerry Beck, this is to be somewhat akin to Fred Seibert's "The What-a-Cartoon Show" or "Oh Yeah! Cartoons" in production style. This could be fun!

I'm also hoping for audio post-production they get Robert Hargreaves and DigiPost.TV to do it, as they seem to have the complete classic Treg Brown WB sound effects library in their archives, compared to Advantage Audio and their H-B sound effects, or Audio Circus (remember how they made the Road Runner zoom along to H-B jet sound effects?)
And if they have to have the animation done overseas (several "What-a-Cartoon" shorts did so as well), I hope they get Toon City Animation or Lotto Animation to do it, instead of just relying on Rough Draft Korea and Yearim Productions (though to be fair, for the second season of "New Looney Tunes" they dropped Rough Draft in favor of Snipple Animation, who turns out surprisingly good work.)

PinkiePie97

Staff member
Aug 14, 2015
Ratings
5,019 41
Massachusetts
cartoon-info-blog.blogspot.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

♪ It's Craig of the Creek, he's gonna say duuuuuh ♫
Keinichi Hamada (or whatever his name is spelled) from NHK World sounds like a Japanese equivalent of that guy from the Kingdouble Ceramic Knives infomercial
All right! Profile posts are back! Now what was I talking about?
Alright, @RandomMe. I'll bite. What's DC PT?
It's a shame that while you Americans keep age-old televised Halloween traditions, here in Portugal they have since been abnegated (I'm talking to you, DC PT).