A "Berry" random post

Latest News & Videos

Rover_Wow

Active Member
Sep 4, 2003
4,556
0
38
Thailand
members.tripod.com
So yesterday I was watching the Foster's ep "Berry Scary", and things I notice:

1. Am I the only one who thought Bloo was an idiot for not even considering that Berry was also there when he failed? I mean, he just let her convince him that since Mac was there, he must be the reason. (I actually broke down yesterday and said "Berry, you moron"... getting a reprimand from my mom.) And then Mac comes in, and why isn't he like, "I'm holding you back? No, Berry's holding us back"? Instead, he just passively listens to what Bloo has to say about going for the record with Berry. Sheesh.
2. And these days, CN Asia seems to have cut the ad break (actually, there are no ads on CN Asia) differently. As originally tx, the first break comes in after Mac walks in, the second after the scene in the bathroom. These days, CN adds a break just after Bloo leaves the dinner table for more cake, leaves the "Mac walks in" break as is, and then moves the final break to after the first scene of the last segment. To wit... then: Bloo in the bathroom --> Break --> Bloo cuts Mac. Now: Bloo in the bathroom --> Five seconds of blank screen where the break originally was --> Bloo cuts Mac --> Break.

(Well, I did say it was going to be random...)
 

Wussycat

Active Member
Nov 2, 2005
2,878
0
36
Nowhere
Bloo isn't an idiot. There have been moments where he's shown to be intelligent. He just has a problem thinking things through.
 

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
May 3, 2001
10,672
0
38
34
A land of no logic aka Ca
Visit site
Wussycat said:
Bloo isn't an idiot. There have been moments where he's shown to be intelligent. He just has a problem thinking things through.
Yeah Bloo is often times shown to be totally oblivious to other peoples feelings. That's why he was so clueless about Berry, and why he just brushed off Mac.

We so need another episode with Berry, she was one of the best imaginary friends the show ever had.
 
Aug 27, 2005
4,964
0
36
26
This isn't funny you guys
judyindisguise said:
It'd be great if Berry returned...and planned REVENGE!!! :D
Before I post this rant lemme say that I thought the Berry ep was okay.
I hope they don't recycle plots (bringing Berry back, etc) anytime soon, because that would be a sign the show would be going downhill. Now, because I feel like ranting, I'll explain why:
Berry's plot was very simplistic and kinda chiche if you think about it (crush on X, trying to destroy X's best friend) and in my opinion, if she was back "...and planned REVENGE!!!" it would just be the same 22 minutes we saw before (and currently runs 2 of the 5,000 times a week Foster's runs). It's happened before on sitcoms and didn't bode too well.

If they brought Berry back, it should be a totally original plot not relating to the first one. That would be perfect.
 

J. B. Warner

Increasing my wordiness
Nov 20, 2003
7,120
0
38
32
Anywhere you're not
TheMecca said:
Before I post this rant lemme say that I thought the Berry ep was okay.
I hope they don't recycle plots (bringing Berry back, etc) anytime soon, because that would be a sign the show would be going downhill. Now, because I feel like ranting, I'll explain why:
Berry's plot was very simplistic and kinda chiche if you think about it (crush on X, trying to destroy X's best friend) and in my opinion, if she was back "...and planned REVENGE!!!" it would just be the same 22 minutes we saw before (and currently runs 2 of the 5,000 times a week Foster's runs). It's happened before on sitcoms and didn't bode too well.
This is what makes me wary about the upcoming Cheese episode in Season 4. Cheese is already being run into the ground in those new CN promos, and I suspect that his next appearance will just be a rehash of the first time he showed up.

(I fear that Cheese, if he's overused, may have the potential to ruin "Foster's" altogether - I really don't want him to turn into this show's Cousin Oliver.)
 

veemonjosh

Bites the Dust
Sep 30, 2005
28,271
0
48
27
The Grid
J. B. Warner said:
(I fear that Cheese, if he's overused, may have the potential to ruin "Foster's" altogether - I really don't want him to turn into this show's Cousin Oliver.)
 

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Aug 23, 2005
12,521
0
38
32
West Virginia
Now, this is a subject I can speak on. Berry was a very unique character in my opinion, though I don’t actually believe she was evil. Yes, she was jealous and overprotective of Bloo, despite the fact that he wasn’t interested in her advances, though we can’t really say that she was evil based on her actions. Remember, Imaginary Friends tend to take some attributes from their creator, or a lack thereof, so Berry’s behavior may not actually be her fault, considering the circumstances.

People also tend to forget that Berry was an abandoned friend. She checked into Fosters because nobody apparently wanted her and she was trying to find a new place to live, though the episode ended with her being forced out of the home, without finding a new family or even getting her personal items that she had brought into the house at the beginning of that episode. I recall one episode about Duchess claimed that they won’t turn their back on any friend, though I didn’t see Mr. Herriman or Frankie doing anything to protect Berry when she was sent rolling along on that rubber band ball.

I believe Berry was the victim in that episode. Sure, she had problems and I realize she lacked tact in how she handled them, though just as humans have mental problems, Berry can’t be blamed for some of the things she did in my book. I still consider Berry Scary to be one of the best episodes in the entire series, though the ending was truly cruel and I can only hope that she makes a return appearance.
 

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
May 3, 2001
10,672
0
38
34
A land of no logic aka Ca
Visit site
The_Huntsman said:
Now, this is a subject I can speak on. Berry was a very unique character in my opinion, though I don’t actually believe she was evil. Yes, she was jealous and overprotective of Bloo, despite the fact that he wasn’t interested in her advances, though we can’t really say that she was evil based on her actions. Remember, Imaginary Friends tend to take some attributes from their creator, or a lack thereof, so Berry’s behavior may not actually be her fault, considering the circumstances.

People also tend to forget that Berry was an abandoned friend. She checked into Fosters because nobody apparently wanted her and she was trying to find a new place to live, though the episode ended with her being forced out of the home, without finding a new family or even getting her personal items that she had brought into the house at the beginning of that episode. I recall one episode about Duchess claimed that they won’t turn their back on any friend, though I didn’t see Mr. Herriman or Frankie doing anything to protect Berry when she was sent rolling along on that rubber band ball.

I believe Berry was the victim in that episode. Sure, she had problems and I realize she lacked tact in how she handled them, though just as humans have mental problems, Berry can’t be blamed for some of the things she did in my book. I still consider Berry Scary to be one of the best episodes in the entire series, though the ending was truly cruel and I can only hope that she makes a return appearance.
Nah Berry was to blaim for her own actions. That would be like blaming Mac for Bloo's antics.

But Berry Scarry is one of the better episodes.
 

judyindisguise

Active Member
Oct 10, 2005
6,042
0
36
28
I for one would be happy never to see Cheese again. True, he was loud, random and stupid, and yes, many cartoon producers think that's gold (Edd, Cosmo, that damn squirrel from "Over The Hedge" and that other damn squirrel from "Hoodwinked") but I for one am pretty frickin sick of loud, random, stupid characters. IMO, Bendy was a far better guest character. And so was Berry. In fact, an ep where Bendy and Berry teamed up to inflict some pain on Bloo would be fabulous IMO. :evil:
 

Batman91

Active Member
Nov 11, 2004
1,234
0
36
27
California
Like some folks said before I think he didn't even care,thats part of Bloo's character.Sometimes he isn't the brightest crayon in the box,but for the most part I think he's pretty smart.
 

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC
I hope Trevor Devall is in the PPG 2016 reboot.
Vuxovich wrote on thomas2313412's profile.
@thomas2313412 You're spamming the PPG 2016 thread without any reason!