4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdp

miscrave
I thought the toyline always did good until recently?
Obviously something was successful or the show would not have lasted all this time.

Anyways I don't keep up very well with the TMNT fandom but Vaughn Michael has been a member for a long time and has provided a lot of information before. It seems dumb he'd "burn" his credibility just with this. So I do think his source is real.

I mean of course I would prefer if his credibility burned and we got another season but I'm just being realistic.

CyberCubed

The only possibility he's wrong is that the execs at 4kids decide to change their mind and order another season.

As of right now, there's no new season after BTTS. They didn't order anything, nor did they start production of anything besides that DTV.

So for all intents and purposes, this is it until we hear otherwise.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
{[-(sdp)-]};3060165 said:
Anyways I don't keep up very well with the TMNT fandom but Vaughn Michael has been a member for a long time and has provided a lot of information before. It seems dumb he'd "burn" his credibility just with this. So I do think his source is real.

I mean of course I would prefer if his credibility burned and we got another season but I'm just being realistic.

He seems to have reliable relations with Playmates judging from his blog, but there's nothing indicating that he has connections with 4Kids as far as I know.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
We just got 4Kids' December schedule info. Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what's happening:

Fox
Dec. 6 -- last new episodes of Di-Gata and M'arrillian

Biker Mice stays new all the way through Dec. 27

CW

Dec. 13 -- KRDK premieres at 9:30 am ET. Here's the premiere ep description:

Turning eighteen should be cool, but not for Kit Taylor. His dad has been missing for a year, he's being kicked out of his foster home, and he keeps getting busted for things he didn't do. Then life gets truly strange.
Actually it isn't the premiere of Dragon Knight on Dec. 13. It is a sneak peek. It's been posted by the official Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight site that it would have a sneak peek on CW4Kids December 13 and then officially premiere January 3 along with Huntik: Seekers and Signs. I believe it said CW4Kids would actually have a sneak peek each week at 9:30 AM beginning December 13.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
Actually it isn't the premiere of Dragon Knight on Dec. 13. It is a sneak peek.

Details.
105.gif

The first showing. How's that?

I believe it said CW4Kids would actually have a sneak peek each week at 9:30 AM beginning December 13.
Dec 13 is the only week where there's a KRDK episode.

Burgundy Ranger

I'm pretty sure, I posted the quickie version because I'm at work. Will comb through it all more closely on Saturday.
There aren't any other variances from the standard CW schedule.

GoGoRiki has a full new ep on 12/6 and then just one new segment in the eps on 13, 20 and 27.

TMNT: BTTS is all repeats.

Dinosaur King is new on 6 and 13.

5D's is new all month.

Will check Fox's last month later today.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Interesting. So then 4Kids is saving at least two BTTS episodes for 2009, plus the DTV. Dinosaur King is stopping at 13 episodes through the season...that's to be expected, and it looks like 5D's will continue airing episodes all year round.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Details.
105.gif

The first showing. How's that?

Dec 13 is the only week where there's a KRDK episode.
I was saying it's a sneak peek on the 13. They have done it this way with Ninja Turtles, Sonic X, and a number of others where they ai episode 1 as a sneak peek before the premiere date. The rumors say they would also air a sneak peek of Huntik in December. Both are scheduled to start January 3.

As far as the official site, http://henshinjustice.com/ is the official site for Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight. We have a topic here in the Entertainment Forum that posted the sneak peek December 13 about 5 days ago and confirmed January 3 was the official premiere date, when episode 1 will air again.
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=209195

DonkeyKongSong

Courtesy of WVAH and... right here on TZ...

December 6th, 2008 (4Kids TV)

08:00 AM Di-Gata Defenders - Ethos (#26) NEW
08:30 AM Biker Mice from Mars - Cyber Mice from Mars (#18) NEW
09:00 AM Sonic X - Robotnik's Revenge (#37)
09:30 AM Sonic X - Showdown in Space (#38)
10:00 AM Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion - From the Deep: Part II (#53) NEW
10:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward - The Journal (#130)
11:00 AM Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Chill Factor (#66)
11:30 AM Winx Club - Spelled (#9)

Dcember 6th, 2008 (The CW4Kids)
07:00 AM Will and Dewitt - Will and Crafted Gift; Reading Railroad (#13)
07:30 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Notes from the Underground: Part I (#13) NEW to CW4Kids
08:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Notes from the Underground: Part II(#14) NEW to CW4Kids
08:30 AM GoGoRiki - Antler-Disestablishment; The Forgotten Memory; Ice and Cool (#11) NEW
09:00 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - The Invisible Hand (#6)
09:30 AM The Spectacular Spider-Man - Catalysts (#7)
10:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer - Tempus Fugit (#144)
10:30 AM Dinosaur King - Beast of Famine (#39) NEW
11:00 AM Chaotic - Dual, Duel: Part II (#36) NEW to CW4Kids
11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - A Duel to Remember (#13) NEW

Okay, to begin the last month of 4Kids TV... Di-Gata Defenders airs its season/series(?) finale and Biker Mice from Mars skips ahead from episode 15 to 18, the next new one.

On the CW, Back to the Sewer goes into rerun mode and GoGoRiki airs its last new episode where all three segments are new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy Ranger

As far as the official site, http://henshinjustice.com/ is the official site for Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
First I've heard of it.

We have a topic here in the Entertainment Forum that posted the sneak peek December 13 about 5 days ago and confirmed January 3 was the official premiere date, when episode 1 will air again.
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=209195
Oh, I saw that thread days ago. Wasn't presuming to think I was bringing any new info to the discussion, other than the episode summary provided by 4K.

Poweranimals

Invincible
They probably haven't finished making the episodes yet.
How can they still not be done yet? They've had ages to do this.

10:00 AM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer - Tempus Fugit (#144)
Tempus Fugit again? You'd think they'd at least start where they left off on the repeats. I don't suppose they're jerks enough to make us go through a repeat of the entire series so far before they finish it off, are they?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
How can they still not be done yet? They've had ages to do this.

The 4Kids representative on Technodrome said they're still animating the later episodes of the season (it's a long process, they have to make the storyboards and animate them overseas). This was about a month ago, so I imagine they'll have the episodes finished by February at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts