45th Annual Annie Awards Nominations

jaylop97

Staff member
A good amount of the nominated shows come from Dreamworks, shows how good are they doing in producing their shows.

ToonsJazzLover

Certain shows need more nominees and some are snubbed like Regular Show finale, but more thoughts later as I write a journal about it (still in progress after starting it 2 weeks ago). I'll say this is slightly a better year for the Annie Awards.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
My optimistic predictions/votes for tonight:

Best Animated Feature: Coco
Best Animated Feature - Independent: In This Corner of the World
Best Animated Special Production: Tangled Before Ever After
Best Animated Short Subject: Scavengers
Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production For Children: "Panda's Art", We Bare Bears
Best General Audience Animated Television/Broadcast Production: "Stupid Piece of Sh*t", BoJack Horseman
Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation in a Video Game: Cuphead
Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production: "XCVI", Samurai Jack
Outstanding Achievement for Production Design in an Animated Feature Production: Mary and the Witch's Flower
Outstanding Achievement for Writing in an Animated Feature Production: Mary and the Witch's Flower
Outstanding Achievement for Editorial in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production: "Stupid Piece of Sh*t", BoJack Horseman

(Going through these awards reminded me there's a lot I still need to see. Some of the categories my vote is "anything but The Boss Baby.")

ToonsJazzLover

This year's Annie Awards was a step-up over last year. Even though Coco swept the whole awards when it comes to movies, the people took the winners very well, aside from Pickle Rick winning against Samurai Jack (SJ fans be grateful that it won 3 other awards).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts