"2021 Summer Olympics" Official Talkback (Spoilers)

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
After a one year delay (due to the Covid pandemic), the Olympics are back!

Tokyo, Japan is the location of this Olympics, and the opening ceremony will be live in just a few more hours, at 6:55 am EST (8:00 pm Japan time).

Here's all the info on how to livestream the opening ceremony:

Comments?!?

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Watching the rebroadcast (the "prime time" viewing) on NBC now.

The problem with these "prime time" airing is that it gives the networks time to insert stupid stuff like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson giving a speech on the USA athletes. Just show the USA athletes coming out, we don't always need pre-packaged speeches from celebrities.

LinusFan303

Spending time with Frosty
Watching the rebroadcast (the "prime time" viewing) on NBC now.

The problem with these "prime time" airing is that it gives the networks time to insert stupid stuff like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson giving a speech on the USA athletes. Just show the USA athletes coming out, we don't always need pre-packaged speeches from celebrities.
I'm glad I watched earlier then, they had it on demand right after it aired on TV ,this morning, so I watched the part I missed from sleeping. Watching USA network do some coverage of cycling and etc. instead.

ProtoGentIsDead

Jellystone!/Jell-O Enthusiast
Currently watching the Tennis match on Olympic Channel's 4K HDR feed via DISH.
Recently in free preview on channel 148 (Hopper 3 viewers only) before the end of the Tokyo Olympics 2020

wonderfly

Is this the future?!?
Staff member
Administrator
Watching NBC, like I do every 4 years. It's the prepackaged/pre-recorded version of games, but it works. They're airing men's rowing presently.

SpongeBobFan2004

"EHH… WHAT'S UP DOC?"
I'm glad I watched earlier then, they had it on demand right after it aired on TV ,this morning, so I watched the part I missed from sleeping. Watching USA network do some coverage of cycling and etc. instead.
Replays available on demand but on the NBCSPORTS app/NBCOlympics.com & Peacock. (Peacock will need a paid upgrade and the NBC Sports app will need cable)
Currently watching the Tennis match on Olympic Channel's 4K HDR feed via DISH.
Recently in free preview on channel 148 (Hopper 3 viewers only) before the end of the Tokyo Olympics 2020
I wish Altice/Suddenlink has free previews, Olympic Channel Home of Team USA is available there BUT ON A HIGHER PACKAGE.

Palk Áron 2002

2000s Hungarian TV Blooregarder and Artist
Hi everyone. :)

I watched a fragment of the opening ceremony (including the arrival of the Hungarian team) and some live coverages on M4 (which is the official Hungarian broadcaster of the Olympics).

Here in Hungary, the Olympics are broadcast on 15 TV channels: M4 and its 4 temporary online channels (available on m4sport.hu within Hungary), Duna TV and the nine Eurosport channels.

Palk Áron 2002

The first gold medal of the Hungarian team was earned by Áron Szilágyi in fencing, who also earned golds in the previous two Olympics (London 2012 and Rio 2016).

Did your countries earn any golds today or the previous days?

LinusFan303

Spending time with Frosty
Replays available on demand but on the NBCSPORTS app/NBCOlympics.com & Peacock. (Peacock will need a paid upgrade and the NBC Sports app will need cable)

I wish Altice/Suddenlink has free previews, Olympic Channel Home of Team USA is available there BUT ON A HIGHER PACKAGE.
I have cable plus I get Peacock free with my cable since it's Comcast, they made it easy to watch the app events on TV too.

Watching some events today, glad they replay stuff from overnight our US time zones, plus watching Skateboarding, for the first time it's in the Olympics.

Palk Áron 2002

Watched various coverages on M4 today for 3 hours. Swimming, table tennis and gymnastics.

Yesterday, came the Hungarian team's 1st silver! Also in fencing. And it was Gergely Siklósi who got it.

AdrenalineRush1996

Congrats to Hidilyn Diaz on being the first ever Filipino gold medallist, Japan on winning the first ever gold medal in street skateboarding and Tom Daley on finally winning his first gold medal.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The official Belgian passport will soon have Smurfs, Marsupilamis, Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke and other Belgian comic book characters on it.
what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

Featured Posts